pet peeves

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order

Had a rural driver lose a wheel yesterday due to just thiis type of road. Lat's be careful out there, folks.

They will find away to blame the mechanic! I'm positive on that one.:anxious::dissapointed:

QUOTE=dilligaf;
]And probably got accused of not doing a pre-trip. I have no doubt. Not only are we supposed to deliver, sell the company to new clients, put out fires for pissed off customers, we are wholly and totally responsible for the maintenance of our trucks that we drive. GD are good.:surprised:

I think you got that backward, automotive mangt will say there was a bad pre trip on the drivers part and could've been handled before dispatch, and they will still blame a mechanic and then your OR,center manager will still blame the driver. It's always the other guys fault around this company. Just a bit I've learned from my own experience though, don't have all the facts from this particular wheel falling off.JMO:peaceful:

And just in case someone missed it (as I'm sure some did) I WAS being totally sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

They will find away to blame the mechanic! I'm positive on that one.:anxious::dissapointed:

QUOTE=dilligaf;
]And probably got accused of not doing a pre-trip. I have no doubt. Not only are we supposed to deliver, sell the company to new clients, put out fires for pissed off customers, we are wholly and totally responsible for the maintenance of our trucks that we drive. GD are good.:surprised:

I think you got that backward, automotive mangt will say there was a bad pre trip on the drivers part and could've been handled before dispatch, and they will still blame a mechanic and then your OR,center manager will still blame the driver. It's always the other guys fault around this company. Just a bit I've learned from my own experience though, don't have all the facts from this particular wheel falling off.JMO:peaceful:

And just in case someone missed it (as I'm sure some did) I WAS being totally sarcastic.
[/QUOTE]
I guess I still miss the sarcasm, cause I think you hit the nail on the head. The Mech will be blamed for it not been put on correctly AND the driver will be blamed for not catching it on the pretrip.

now I'm just waiting.

rod

Retired 22 years
Had a rural driver lose a wheel yesterday due to just thiis type of road. Lat's be careful out there, folks.

I once was driving a different package car while mine was in for repairs and the right front wheel fell off it also. The mechanic actually answered the phone (small center you know) and his comeback statement was "Oh - did that fall off again?":faint:

UPSNewbie

I once was driving a different package car while mine was in for repairs and the right front wheel fell off it also. The mechanic actually answered the phone (small center you know) and his comeback statement was "Oh - did that fall off again?":faint:
"Oh no biggie." :peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And probably got accused of not doing a pre-trip. I have no doubt. Not only are we supposed to deliver, sell the company to new clients, put out fires for pissed off customers, we are wholly and totally responsible for the maintenance of our trucks that we drive. GD we are good.:surprised:

And just in case someone missed it (as I'm sure some did) I WAS being totally sarcastic.

I guess I still miss the sarcasm, cause I think you hit the nail on the head. The Mech will be blamed for it not been put on correctly AND the driver will be blamed for not catching it on the pretrip.

now I'm just waiting.[/QUOTE]
My sarcasm was towards the drivers being wholly and totally responsible for the maintenace of the trucks we drive.

I also noticed that I missed the 'we' in my earlier post. LOL

Big Babooba

One of my pet peeves are the horn buttons on the International package cars. I write mine up almost every day because it has a wicked bad dead spot. My mechanic says it's the worst design he's ever seen.

tourists24

does that not scare the crap out of you? .... La la la... driving along,,, wham,,, what the? tire falling off?

ups1990

After a NM3 or NI3. You get a message from the center that this customer wants the driver to go back. He really, really needs it. My reply, I, really , really needed him to be there the first time.

P

pickup

We're not going on a sailboat. C'mon, man, snap out of it already.:biting:

Sorry steve, appreciate the invite. but shiver my timbers , i don't have my sea legs anymore, matey and I am afraid of becoming another charter member of davey jones locker. Arhhh, the sea is a harsh mistress, I hope you have better fortune with her than I .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Person in front of you, making a right turn, but is to involved in their conversation to notice A: The light is green &/or B: The lane is clear.

Same person, wants to wait for traffic to clear, to cut across 3 lanes of traffic, but doesn't turn left for 4 miles.

While waiting to turn right on a 3 lane Hwy, cars from the middle lane keep jumping into your lane, which has finally cleared enough, to pull into.

browniehound

no its more like annoying and not even understandable

Well, if everyone could speak english in this country it wouldn't be an issue. Why would you come to this country and expect to speak spanish?

I wouldn't move to Mexico and expect the entire country to understand english. Why is this any different?

City Driver

Well, if everyone could speak english in this country it wouldn't be an issue. Why would you come to this country and expect to speak spanish?

I wouldn't move to Mexico and expect the entire country to understand english. Why is this any different?

if you had a clue what mexico and central america are like, youd want to do whats best for your family and come to america too

dont judge these people because you dont have a clue

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
if you had a clue what mexico and central america are like, youd want to do whats best for your family and come to america too

dont judge these people because you dont have a clue

I don't think BH posted anything worthy of that response. I think BH was just saying that just as people speak whatever language they speak in their own country, and we don't force em to speak "english", the same should be applied here. Not trying to scold you, just giving you my thought of what I read.

DS

Fenderbender
I hate center managers that have the power to fire you,with very small brains and no ethics.I want them to die in a single car preventable accident.

City Driver

I don't think BH posted anything worthy of that response. I think BH was just saying that just as people speak whatever language they speak in their own country, and we don't force em to speak "english", the same should be applied here. Not trying to scold you, just giving you my thought of what I read.

i gave the reason people come to this country

english is hard as hell to learn, and they honestly dont even need to learn it.....theres so many hispanics in this country you can get by pretty easily without learning english

does it really affect you that much???? i doubt it

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i gave the reason people come to this country

english is hard as hell to learn, and they honestly dont even need to learn it.....theres so many hispanics in this country you can get by pretty easily without learning english

does it really affect you that much???? i doubt it

Yo no se!:wink2: