Phone charging devices

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know what I mean.

There's actually no other object in a person's life that does more things/tasks than your smartphone.

...yet somehow I still get by...

I use a list when I go to the grocery and write appointments on my calendar.

I get e-mail reminders for those bills that I don't have on autopay.

My life does not end due to a dead smartphone battery.

JL 0513

...yet somehow I still get by...

I use a list when I go to the grocery and write appointments on my calendar.

I get e-mail reminders for those bills that I don't have on autopay.

My life does not end due to a dead smartphone battery.

Me either, because my phone never dies. For example, in your case, an iPhone 7 Plus will last 3-4 times longer than your 4. I can't believe how long my new phone lasts compared to the 3 year old phone I replaced. I still carry a backup power bank in case because I stream radio to a Bluetooth speaker while at work on the average of 10 hrs a day. The programs I like don't come in over the radio locally.

I just get the sense you don't use a phone as the beast that it is today. That's fine, but many of us do. I say it's the single most important tool because it is a million tools in your pocket. It replaces truck loads of items that you would otherwise need with you to perform a certain task. Your examples aren't even the tip if the iceberg.

JL 0513

Should be obvious.

Talking about mobility. In your pocket is a...

Computer
TV
Camera/videocamera
Videogame console
GPS unit/map books
Flashlight
Pad/pen
Calculator
Radio
Watch/clock
Phone book
Oh yeah, it's a telephone too.

These are just a few of the physical items that your phone is on the go. Never mind the millions of apps available that do things that didn't exist before.

km3

Should be obvious.

Talking about mobility. In your pocket is a...

Computer
TV
Camera/videocamera
Videogame console
GPS unit/map books
Flashlight
Pad/pen
Calculator
Radio
Watch/clock
Phone book
Oh yeah, it's a telephone too.

These are just a few of the physical items that your phone is on the go. Never mind the millions of apps available that do things that didn't exist before.

Truth be told, none of those functions come close to the real thing. Having all of those things in one is certainly useful, but like Upstate, my life doesn't end or get worse because I suddenly lose my smartphone...either because I broke it, or because the battery died.

He doesn't need to upgrade his phone because it does everything he wants it to do. I lived for 8 months this year with a flip phone because all I needed was the ability to call and be called. I have my reasons for upgrading back to a smartphone, but I wouldn't have even done that if I wasn't able to find monthly rates for service that I like. Smartphones are great, but I don't need them.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Truth be told, none of those functions come close to the real thing. Having all of those things in one is certainly useful, but like Upstate, my life doesn't end or get worse because I suddenly lose my smartphone...either because I broke it, or because the battery died.

He doesn't need to upgrade his phone because it does everything he wants it to do. I lived for 8 months this year with a flip phone because all I needed was the ability to call and be called. I have my reasons for upgrading back to a smartphone, but I wouldn't have even done that if I wasn't able to find monthly rates for service that I like. Smartphones are great, but I don't need them.

Exactly .. on the weekends I rarely even touch my phone. During the week drivers next to me text to ck if we need meets. I have really poor cell service on area. I hate talking on the phone any way. Texts are short and quick. I'll keep my flip phone. Some how I find plenty to do with out wasting time looking at stupid non sense

JL 0513

How often and what would use any of those functions for while on the clock?

It runs 10 hrs straight on an average day just playing iHeartRadio to my Bluetooth speaker while on the clock. Crystal clear audio of what I want to listen to vs static celestial radio of what I don't want to listen to.

Google maps if I'm running blind. I'm cover so could be anywhere anyday.

Most of the other stuff is how I enjoy my breaks instead of staring off into space. I have a need to consume tremendous amounts of information about the world.

One thing I love is how there's never a wasted minute waiting anymore. Waiting in a waiting room, in a long line, or whatever, you can be consuming information or entertaining yourself wherever you are.