Pilot strike

fedx

Extra Large Package
Pilots don’t work for peanuts only drivers.

FedEx needs to share the wealth with the people who make it happen. They've got the money to do it. The drivers, RTDs and couriers, are the ones who are the face of the company and make FedEx look good or bad. Pay them well and they'll put more effort into making the company look good.

floridays

FedEx needs to share the wealth with the people who make it happen. They've got the money to do it. The drivers, RTDs and couriers, are the ones who are the face of the company and make FedEx look good or bad. Pay them well and they'll put more effort into making the company look good.
How far will you go to get their attention?

Aquaman

RTD’s at least need consistent raises. We hold a CDL that couriers don’t which easily allows job hopping. Retention is a bit easier with couriers due to being unable to jump driving jobs like RTD’s can. Top out needs to go up a little. But the eternal problem is progression. If they stiff the drivers this year with inflation sky rocketing they’re going to see an RTD exodus like never before. And they can see how easy it is moving their freight with contractors.

Buhryein

RTD’s at least need consistent raises. We hold a CDL that couriers don’t which easily allows job hopping. Retention is a bit easier with couriers due to being unable to jump driving jobs like RTD’s can. Top out needs to go up a little. But the eternal problem is progression. If they stiff the drivers this year with inflation sky rocketing they’re going to see an RTD exodus like never before. And they can see how easy it is moving their freight with contractors.

Now I believe pay across the board needs to be adjusted......

That being said, you stating that because you hold a CDL it makes you more valuable because you can job hop easier is a pretty lame argument for a raise.

If you are that valuable and can easily job hop then what are you waiting for?

When you do go, a courier will put in for your spot, they will get it and FedEx will pay for their CDL and then they will be just as irreplaceable as you.

We are all in the same boat dude.

Last edited:

yadig

Now I believe pay across the board needs to be adjusted......

That being said, you stating that because you hold a CDL it makes you more valuable because you can job hop easier is a pretty lame argument for a raise.

If you are that valuable and can easily job hop then what are you waiting for?

When you do go, a courier will put in for your spot, they will get it and FedEx will pay for their CDL and then they will be just as irreplaceable as you.

We are all in the same boat dude.
No we aren’t dude

Buhryein

No we aren’t dude
LoL so you belive having a CDL for fedex express has some kind of magical pull that puts them above a courier?

5 couriers in my station the last 2 years went RTD without a CDL so tell me how we are not in the same boat regarding needing a raise, being replaced or the power to demand one lol.

yadig

LoL so you belive a RTD for fedex express has some kind of magical pull that puts them above a courier?

5 couriers in my station the last 2 years went RTD without a CDL so tell me how we are not in the same boat regarding needing a raise, being replaced or the power to demand one lol.
Y’all can’t leave. A true cdl class A with haz/ doubles endorsements will leave and make more. Do you see the difference? Probably not, that’s why your still a courier or manager. It’s nothing personal

Buhryein

Y’all can’t leave. A true cdl class A with haz/ doubles endorsements will leave and make more. Do you see the difference? Probably not, that’s why your still a courier or manager. It’s nothing personal
You missed my point, you leave they replace you the same as they replace a handler.

Fedex doesn't care what you have, when you leave they will gladly take ANY courier with or without a CDL.

Perhaps you do have more options to leave and get picked up easier but fedex doesn't care about your options you are just as easily replaced as anyone of us pleebs..

Nothing personal but if you think fedex somehow values you more than any other driver you're mistaken, they don't really care about any of us to that extent.

So yeah you got the same amount of pull as me or a new hire courier..... zero

Aquaman

You missed my point, you leave they replace you the same as they replace a handler.

Fedex doesn't care what you have, when you leave they will gladly take ANY courier with or without a CDL.

Perhaps you do have more options to leave and get picked up easier but fedex doesn't care about your options you are just as easily replaced as anyone of us pleebs..

Nothing personal but if you think fedex somehow values you more than any other driver you're mistaken, they don't really care about any of us to that extent.

Is that why they changed the 10 step pay progression to 5 steps ONLY for RTD’s? No other hourly job in the company had their progression cut in half. A class A CDL is a job in your pocket. And it’s a better paying job. The company knows that. The RTD’s that stay, do so because they either have great schedules, or weeks of vacation they don’t want to lose. You also seem to have no idea about the amount of time it takes to train a RTD. It shouldn’t take this long. But it usually takes the company months to train a courier to a RTD. The company invests about $10K - $15K in training a driver. Only for that driver to get that license and be able to jump ship immediately to a better paying job. And it happens, a lot. What options does a courier have? Go be a package handler for UPS for 10 years and wait for a permanent driver job? A CDL unlocks every truck door in the country. Including UPS at this point in time. A couriers license will let them deliver pizza…

Last edited:

zeev

CDL A is more valuable then ever Walmart,Costco,UPS. Most of the doubters are making excuses for why they are not doing anything. it’s free training we have people who went from handler to driver to UPS in less than a year. Grow a pair and get your CDL or keep making excuses, things are going to get much worse for couriers you need to get to the fast food level of Ground and Amazon.

Buhryein

Is that why they changed the 10 step pay progression to 5 steps ONLY for RTD’s? No other hourly job in the company had their progression cut in half. A class A CDL is a job in your pocket. And it’s a better paying job. The company knows that. The RTD’s that stay, do so because they either have great schedules, or weeks of vacation they don’t want to lose. You also seem to have no idea about the amount of time it takes to train a RTD. It shouldn’t take this long. But it usually takes the company months to train a courier to a RTD. The company invests about $10K - $15K in training a driver. Only for that driver to get that license and be able to jump ship immediately to a better paying job. And it happens, a lot. What options does a courier have? Go be a package handler for UPS for 10 years and wait for a permanent driver job? A CDL unlocks every truck door in the country. Including UPS at this point in time. A couriers license will let them deliver pizza…
Again you miss my point entirely, you think you have some pull then use it. Walk away get a better gig which yea you may have more options but like i said that doesn't make you more valuable to fedex they will replace you with ANY courier that puts in for the job even if they have no CDL they can even have no seniority if they get the spot they fill it with anyone its not an interview position, you apply and if you are on top of the list you get it and they pay for your CDL.... go demand your better pay lmk how it works out.

Tell me where am I wrong?

You seem to think your license puts you above a courier, in the eyes of fedex you leave they train another, a courier leaves they train another. Lmao get over yourself.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

If ups is having a hard time hiring then so is fedex

$8,750 Sign-On Bonus + $0.71/mile + $30 / hour for loading times/delays and Weekly Subsistence Pay for Team Drivers! $30 / hour for Tractor Trailer Driver Positions!

zeev

Again you miss my point entirely, you think you have some pull then use it. Walk away get a better gig which yea you may have more options but like i said that doesn't make you more valuable to fedex they will replace you with ANY courier that puts in for the job even if they have no CDL they can even have no seniority if they get the spot they fill it with anyone its not an interview position, you apply and if you are on top of the list you get it and they pay for your CDL.... go demand your better pay lmk how it works out.

Tell me where am I wrong?

You seem to think your license puts you above a courier, in the eyes of fedex you leave they train another, a courier leaves they train another. Lmao get over yourself.
They hire off the street a lot because there are no couriers with a pair to apply.

Buhryein

They hire off the street a lot because there are no couriers with a pair to apply.
I dunno about your location but my station had 5 in the last 2yrs move to RTD. 2 guys with less than 5yrs with fedex.

I never argued that getting your CDL gives you more options outside of fedex, my point from the start is that fedex sees all of us as replaceable. The whole "they need to give us raises or we leave cuz we are valuable" is a joke.

If you can't see that then I don't know what to say...

yadig

They changed rtd’s to a five tier top out, couriers stayed the same. It appears FedEx disagrees with you

yadig

I dunno about your location but my station had 5 in the last 2yrs move to RTD. 2 guys with less than 5yrs with fedex.

I never argued that getting your CDL gives you more options outside of fedex, my point from the start is that fedex sees all of us as replaceable. The whole "they need to give us raises or we leave cuz we are valuable" is a joke.

If you can't see that then I don't know what to say...
I think what your failing to understand is that is senior guys are telling the rtd’s to get out. The writing is on the wall with express. We’re all going over to ground. I see rtd’s get trained then head out to a better pay in the short term and possibly the long. I don’t know the turnover on couriers, but we’re would a highly trained courier go? Ground? Ups? At least the one pays a lot more