Pilot strike

yadig

They're regulated by the SEC. Audited. Like every publicly traded corporation. They aren't hiding billions. Fred S makes millions every quarter from stock dividends. He's not risking that to sock away money illegally. Having a fiduciary responsibility brings serious legal penalties for violating the law. Ask Bacha.
Otay

MAKAVELI

They're regulated by the SEC. Audited. Like every publicly traded corporation. They aren't hiding billions. Fred S makes millions every quarter from stock dividends. He's not risking that to sock away money illegally. Having a fiduciary responsibility brings serious legal penalties for violating the law. Ask Bacha.
You do know they are buying back $5billion in stock, right? I'd say they have plenty of $ to compensate employees fairly.

vantexan

So?

Think they’re gonna disclose that information to hourly employees? Gimme a break.
You're demonstrating a lack of knowledge here. Their financials are public knowledge. Required for being publicly traded. Anyone looking to buy stock can get a detailed prospectus.

vantexan

You do know they are buying back $5billion in stock, right? I'd say they have plenty of $ to compensate employees fairly.
FedEx grossed over $90 billion last year and netted about a $4 billion dollar profit. FedEx has about 530,000 employees now. If the percentages that I cited earlier, about 52% going to payroll, are the same how much farther will $4 billion in profit get 530,000 employees after over $45 billion was already given them in pay? And do you think that the company will give employees all of their profit? No dividends to shareholders? No using money for buying back stock? Do you know why they spend the money to buy back stock? To keep the stock price up. I hate to tell you this but they're in business to make money for the shareholders. Their first priority isn't to pay you well. If you want to do better within the company then move up in the organization. Because they've made it clear they intend to pay couriers as little as they can and keep people working. I didn't create this situation. Don't shoot the messenger.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FedEx grossed over $90 billion last year and netted about a $4 billion dollar profit. FedEx has about 530,000 employees now. If the percentages that I cited earlier, about 52% going to payroll, are the same how much farther will $4 billion in profit get 530,000 employees after over $45 billion was already given them in pay? And do you think that the company will give employees all of their profit? No dividends to shareholders? No using money for buying back stock? Do you know why they spend the money to buy back stock? To keep the stock price up. I hate to tell you this but they're in business to make money for the shareholders. Their first priority isn't to pay you well. If you want to do better within the company then move up in the organization. Because they've made it clear they intend to pay couriers as little as they can and keep people working. I didn't create this situation. Don't shoot the messenger.
Van, your number of Express employees is about double the real number. The rest are other opco employees.

Nolimitz

The problem is every public company puts shareholders first.
friend the customer
friend the employees
run it into the ground to benefit the CEO/board and shareholders.

vantexan

Van, your number of Express employees is about double the real number. The rest are other opco employees.
You're right, that's worldwide employees in all divisions. The $90 billion or so gross revenue is for the entire company too. And the stock represents the entire company, not just Express.

vantexan

Oh Guru how much of that $90b went to dividends?
I don't know. Why don't you use Google and look it up?

P.S. I haven't said one thing that can't be found by doing a search. You can choose to inform yourself, or you can choose to be willfully ignorant and wave your arms and cry about the unfairness of it all. I just get tired of watching one particular character on here say lie after lie because he hates FedEx so much he's willing to lie about them. And some of you eat it up because you're angry too.

yadig

P.S. I haven't said one thing that can't be found by doing a search. You can choose to inform yourself, or you can choose to be willfully ignorant and wave your arms and cry about the unfairness of it all. I just get tired of watching one particular character on here say lie after lie because he hates FedEx so much he's willing to lie about them. And some of you eat it up because you're angry too.
Please stop your nonsense and move along!!

Nolimitz

because you quote every other expense. why not include CEO/board/shareholders? you must own about 100 shares

bacha29

It's either they go on strike, get a contract that will either be cost neutral or one side or the other will make gains.

But you guys know me....always helping out wherever I can. My house is on a corner lot of a 4 way intersection. A short time ago this Express car comes flying out from the western street to the stop sign. The legal traffic pattern requires turning north or south. Now straight ahead is the school zone with two plainly marked signs that says...."one way...do not enter". Sure enough never mind the signs....he goes barreling straight ahead right down the street driving in the wrong direction.
Being that the guy is going to lose his job in a matter of months or perhaps a few weeks anyway so I thought I would help him out by giving him the chance to beat the the thundering masses out the door to the unemployment line.....so I called in a bitch.

BTW I talked to the sort manager up at the station I was at about how it was going up there. He said..."they're completely reconfiguring the belt line, kicking the Ground contractor trucks outside but we have been given absolutely no information on how this consolidated operation is going to work.....nothing"

I said...."Not surprising. Terminal managers will be the next to last ones to know. The contractors, you know the guys who've got their economic balls on the anvil.... they will be the last to know.

vantexan

in other words crickets...
I have no idea what you're getting at. Are you concerned about the pay and dividends Fred and the Board gets? Are you expecting them to be low pay? Fred makes most of his money on dividends and the stock value. The VP's get stock options. They cash in when they get the stock to do better. I've pointed out all of this in the past. No mystery. Well, there is a mystery. How have you worked for a major corporation for so long and not know how things work?