Pilots protest!

vantexan

The FDX pilots make a good living because they fought for it. They are still fighting the fight.

Open your eyes jackass and learn something. Send Fred the pig Smith the message that you support the union pilots.

Don't be a little jealous bitch because you are not getting paid enough to run your ass off all day.
Who's jealous? Many of our pilots were in the Air Force. They've earned the right to make good money. But where does it end? And the fact is that Express couriers are the single biggest employee group at FedEx, and every time FedEx spends money on another part of the company we're the ones who bear the brunt of it with no union protection and it's damn near impossible to get union protection. So hooray for the pilots! Enjoy buying vacation homes and Porsches with our money!

STFXG

Who's jealous? Many of our pilots were in the Air Force. They've earned the right to make good money. But where does it end? And the fact is that Express couriers are the single biggest employee group at FedEx, and every time FedEx spends money on another part of the company we're the ones who bear the brunt of it with no union protection and it's damn near impossible to get union protection. So hooray for the pilots! Enjoy buying vacation homes and Porsches with our money!

It ends where the company decides it's not worth paying them and they replace them. That's the beauty of a specialized job with union protection.

They are earning their pay far more than a courier is. They spent time on their education. Spent thousands of hours gaining experience to fly those jets.

You got a drivers license. What makes you think they are taking money from YOU?

vantexan

It ends where the company decides it's not worth paying them and they replace them. That's the beauty of a specialized job with union protection.

They are earning their pay far more than a courier is. They spent time on their education. Spent thousands of hours gaining experience to fly those jets.

You got a drivers license. What makes you think they are taking money from YOU?
So they're the highest paid pilots in the industry but want more. Where do you think the money has come from in the past? If FedEx slows courier pay to a trickle, eliminates silly things like shift premiums and traditional pensions for couriers, increases healthcare premiums for couriers(and other frontline employees) spends more on pilots and Ground while striving to maintain or increase profits, where do YOU think the money is coming from? If you've read anything I've posted over the years you know I've never believed FedEx is in the position to pay us UPS level pay. But they are extremely demanding of us, try to glean every ounce of productivity from us, work us to exhaustion daily on many routes in all kinds of weather. Our reward is to be paid as little as possible with no hope at this point of a better future. Much of this is the result of having to meet the demands of our unionized pilots while spending large sums on Ground infrastructure to grow Ground. So yes, I think I have the right to question why the best compensated pilots in the industry want more. And YOU and every other person wanting better compensation have a vested interest in seeing couriers continue to be exploited so that YOU can get your's. If the day comes that couriers finally manage to get a union in rest assured that FedEx will be looking at taking from YOU to help pay for it all.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Need some cheese with that whine?

Stop complaining about what other people have got because they are willing to fight for it, when you are not willing to fight for it.

vantexan

Need some cheese with that whine?

Stop complaining about what other people have got because they are willing to fight for it, when you are not willing to fight for it.
Hey genius, the playing field isn't level, and we're not in the position to change it. You have the Teamsters, who won't give us the time of day. And I have put my neck on the line talking to coworkers about unions. And I've identified myself several times on this forum. Just remember this: plenty of industries have been ruined in the U.S. because unions kept demanding more and more. At some point people need to realize they have enough, more than enough, learn to live with it. FedEx can't ship it's jobs overseas, but it could shut down if pilots refuse to fly or unionized couriers strike over unrealistic pay. They can do better, but they can't print money. If pilots went on strike for even better pay than what they already have, I doubt too many couriers will be sympathetic with the extra burden it'll put on us. Go pilots! Buy that yacht! Get your own jet!

vantexan

Van, UPS drivers are the highest paid in the industry. Should they not want more?
If Ground keeps taking market share from UPS, and UPS drivers keep wanting more, what happens to UPS at some point? Can UPS keep paying ever higher wages if they have reduced revenue? At some point drivers have to be realistic about the fact that they do make good money and shouldn't jeopardize the golden goose that makes it happen.

CJinx

Hey genius, the playing field isn't level, and we're not in the position to change it.
I agree with the first portion of your sentence but not the second. You need to be writing your representatives and making it clear they you will not vote for them if they vote for re-authorization of the RLA the next time that one's up for grabs. Politicians love campaign donations from billion dollar industries but they love their elected perch even more. Get enough people to make it clear to your congressmen that they'll be out of a job if they don't represent their constituents and you'll be one step closer.

STFXG

If they're the highest paid in the industry then they're getting better than market value, eh?
They absolutely are overpaid. But I'm happy for them and they should squeeze every penny out of brown that they can. Just like brown will squeeze every ounce of productivity out of its workforce that it can. They also stand up for their rights and fl have fought for what they get. Express couriers don't believe the fight is worth the payout. Risk vs reward. Express couriers settle for what they get. Not the pilots' fault.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree with the first portion of your sentence but not the second. You need to be writing your representatives and making it clear they you will not vote for them if they vote for re-authorization of the RLA the next time that one's up for grabs. Politicians love campaign donations from billion dollar industries but they love their elected perch even more. Get enough people to make it clear to your congressmen that they'll be out of a job if they don't represent their constituents and you'll be one step closer.
Or start a petition...oh...that was tried.

purplesky

If the pilots ever do take a pay cut that money won't be going to any FDX couriers. It will go to Fred the pig Smith and to shareholder value.

It does sound like some people on here are jealous. I don't blame FDX couriers for being upset about their pay packages but the FDX pilots have nothing to do with what Fred the pig Smith is doing to his drivers on the ground.

FDX does not give a damn about its employees. Thats already been established.