Pilots

FedexCares

Unions are obviously the work of the devil which has been the propaganda spread for the past 40 years which now has blue collar, lower middle class people voting against their own self interests.
Much better to give the job creators more tax cuts and wait for the trickle down.

yadig

Unions are obviously the work of the devil which has been the propaganda spread for the past 40 years which now has blue collar, lower middle class people voting against their own self interests.
Much better to give the job creators more tax cuts and wait for the trickle down.
Keep waiting..😂

BoxDriver

I guess it’s nice their union is getting the pilots a bit more money, but in the long run maybe protecting their jobs against 3rd party air cargo carriers taking their work might be a better option? Otherwise it’s pretty much eventually similar to moving the delivery end of Express to Ground isn’t it? Maybe the pilots know it’s too late, and are just getting what they can while they still can?

bacha29

Unions were born out of waiting for the "trickle down".....And waiting....and waiting....still waiting. A strong union sets the market as we have seen with the Teamsters, the APA and pro sports unions.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They aren't. They're not stupid. They saw the hastening of job-killing automation that unions fueled (steel, coal), bankruptcies and consolidations that resulted in large job losses (airlines), and factory jobs moving to other states or countries. Then union members started voting in favor of 2-tier compensation plans where they were allowed to keep good pay and benefits but newer hires were stuck with substandard comp packages. Sellouts.

EDIT: Not to say there is no benefit. However this isn't 1961 anymore. The conditions that allowed for such a wide disparity in compensation aren't there anymore. There's still something to be gained but these guys using decades old talking points as if you're stuck in debt slavery because you owe the company store your next five paychecks are out of their minds.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They aren't. They're not stupid. They saw the hastening of job-killing automation that unions fueled (steel, coal), bankruptcies and consolidations that resulted in large job losses (airlines), and factory jobs moving to other states or countries. Theo you're pro-unon union members started voting in favor of 2-tier compensation plans where they were allowed to keep good pay and benefits but newer hires were stuck with substandard comp packages. Sellouts.

EDIT: Not to say there is no benefit. However this isn't 1961 anymore. The conditions that allowed for such a wide disparity in compensation aren't there anymore. There's still something to be gained but these guys using decades old talking points as if you're stuck in debt slavery because you owe the company store your next five paychecks are out of their minds.
So, you're now pro-union, especially at FedEx. BTW, Fred operates his company as though is it 1861, not 1961. "The conditions that allowed for such a wide disparity in compensation" are stronger than ever. Witness the UPS package car box monkey at around $40 per hour, with excellent benefits and a full pension plan versus the Ground Box slave at around $15 per hour with no benefits, no pension, and the US taxpayer footing the bill for their lack of health insurance, car insurance, and a decent standard of living.
Laughable, as usual.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So, you're now pro-union, especially at FedEx. BTW, Fred operates his company as though is it 1861, not 1961. "The conditions that allowed for such a wide disparity in compensation" are stronger than ever. Witness the UPS package car box monkey at around $40 per hour, with excellent benefits and a full pension plan versus the Ground Box slave at around $15 per hour with no benefits, no pension, and the US taxpayer footing the bill for their lack of health insurance, car insurance, and a decent standard of living.
Laughable, as usual.
You don't make any sense, as usual.

The skill set is the same for each company. Ground guys can go to work for UPS if they want. Why don't they? In fact, @It will be fine and @bbsam aren't here complaining that their drivers keep leaving for the greener pastures of UPS. Why didn't you leave for UPS?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The skill set is the same for each company. Ground guys can go to work for UPS if they want. Why don't they? In fact, @It will be fine and @bbsam aren't here complaining that their drivers keep leaving for the greener pastures of UPS. Why didn't you leave for UPS?

No ground driver or very few are going to work hard enough to make it at UPS
That’s why you don’t see a line of them waiting to work at ups

It will be fine

IMG_6333.jpeg

Yup, everything is terrible at Ground and nobody will work for Ground contractors.

Thebrownblob

We’ve hired about six or seven former FedEx ground drivers in my center one has stayed longer than 3 years so far, one just got fired at the panel about two months ago for a unreported accident

It will be fine

No, I was making fun of your ridiculous suggestion, that someone who has a scale UPS driver would work for a guy like you. You’re confused my friend.
It’s not a suggestion. This person applied to my ad. It happens not infrequently. UPS treats their drivers like trash. Sorry that evidence counters your narrative, but it’s reality, regardless of your denials.

Thebrownblob

It’s not a suggestion. This person applied to my ad. It happens not infrequently. UPS treats their drivers like trash. Sorry that evidence counters your narrative, but it’s reality, regardless of your denials.
Oh well we agree on one thing they treat people like trash, I rather enjoy it because I treated them the same, for the pleasure they pay me over 100k a year seven weeks of vacation full coverage, healthcare, and a pension. I’m not there to make friends I don’t care. Any UPS driver that you have was fired because he couldn’t make it here, that’s not personal that’s just a fact, I’m sorry that doesn’t sit well with your narrative.