Planted misload

Rack em

Made the Podium
I didn’t witness it , the driver who’s truck they pulled the package from saw it . I make sure I scan every package on my truck but it’s sad that management smile in your face but try to snake u behind your back
That's why you make them pay for doing it. Take your time delivering it, maybe get lost on the way and add a few miles to their precious orion numbers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If you wanted to dick on them in the A.M. (in a sketchy way) go and find a bunch of legitimate surepost and deliver-tomorrows in range of the route. add those, then scribble the hin off of the SALT, slap an incorrect pal label on it and place back into the correct car on the wrong shelf.

Then see if the desk jockey can decipher what happened lol. don't do this.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Just send it in when you get to your first stop; NO I cannot deliver today. Don't cry about it just give it right back to em non verbally. They'll either get the picture or they'll push it too far and then you grieve their asses off

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today a driver witnessed a non union employee pull a package off his truck and purposely put on my truck . Is this behavior ALLOWED !!!
79EF8CF9-4427-4CE7-B080-55845B2D2B8F.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would guess that at least a third of the guys in my building roll misloads. It is a very rare day when a misload falls off my manifest. Today, I was missing a section 8 stop. Left it till I punched out.
I had it, didn't have time to deliver it so you'll have it tomorrow.

rod

Retired 22 years
They purposely tried to cause a service failure? I bet Channel 5 "On Your Side" news team could do a dandy story on that.

Superteeth2478

Even better, say a large box fell on it and sheet it damaged-missed.
Now that you say this, is there anything that would allow management to know that a driver did this with a salt package to keep from delivering it? I mean, other than the obvious one of all the misloads a driver gets ending up damaged-missed...

Rack em

Made the Podium
Now that you say this, is there anything that would allow management to know that a driver did this with a salt package to keep from delivering it? I mean, other than the obvious one of all the misloads a driver gets ending up damaged-missed...
How would they know that the box the purposefully misloaded got crushed by another package or not? All they would know is that if they didn't salt that package, then they more than likely wouldn't have gotten hit with a damaged-missed package :)

DeliveryMachine

We had a newbie come back to the building with a misload in his truck. He never sent it in and was audited upon return. He was terminated. Got his job back but needless to say he sends in misloads now.

Superteeth2478

How would they know that the box the purposefully misloaded got crushed by another package or not? All they would know is that if they didn't salt that package, then they more than likely wouldn't have gotten hit with a damaged-missed package :)
I don't know, I think the company would probably be able to build a case against a driver who did this with every salt package. If every day the only misloaded package ends up being damaged, it would start looking suspicious...

Rack em

Made the Podium
I don't know, I think the company would probably be able to build a case against a driver who did this with every salt package. If every day the only misloaded package ends up being damaged, it would start looking suspicious...
I didn't say to do it every time haha. Just to maybe do it in this particular instance where the driver caught them doing it.

barnyard

KTM rider
Way, way, way back when, about 1/2 our routes were salted. When I found mine, I figured that I would just run it. Then I started thinking about the address. It was made up, the road and zip were correct, but the number was off. The street and zip were from a route that I loaded and I had never seen that number in the 5 years I loaded, so I called it in. "I have a misload, but I am not sure that it is a good address. Can you look it up and message me the correct address?? I can run it on my way in." The route that I was doing, it would have been about a 300 yard detour to get it done.

That was when I found out that loads could have a planted misload.

WTFm8

Way, way, way back when, about 1/2 our routes were salted. When I found mine, I figured that I would just run it. Then I started thinking about the address. It was made up, the road and zip were correct, but the number was off. The street and zip were from a route that I loaded and I had never seen that number in the 5 years I loaded, so I called it in. "I have a misload, but I am not sure that it is a good address. Can you look it up and message me the correct address?? I can run it on my way in." The route that I was doing, it would have been about a 300 yard detour to get it done.

Nah, go to the road and search for the number. Maybe it’s an east/west road or a north/south and had neither prefix so you went to 1 end then the other... then sheeted as NonDel NSN. hahaha

clean hairy

Imagine if the made up address turned out to be a real address, and it got delivered.
And the customer wondering who sent them an empty box?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you witnessed this why didn't you go back and throw it in the correct truck? Salts are happening more now because UPS is on their high horse about service failures. Is it wrong for a Non union employee to move boxes? Yes unless it is for training purposes.
Now they're worried about service failures?