Please clarify

What?

So you're one of those that already have your mind made up and will vote no on the contract no matter what the terms are. You're brilliant.
You will always have 10% that will vote No, regardless.

On the other hand you will always have 10% that will vote yes out of fear of going on strike.

You just got to figure out what the other 80% want

Trucker Clock

No. I'm saying we have a bunch of people who are going to vote No regardless.

OK. As long as you're willing to look at the proposal before you vote.

To the others you are talking about. They're brilliant. They should not have a vote. They're going to skew the vote by voting no on anything that is offered. Even if they're offered $100/hr and strickly 8 hours, they will vote no.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You will always have 10% that will vote No, regardless.

On the other hand you will always have 10% that will vote yes out of fear of going on strike.

You just got to figure out what the other 80% want
Didn’t something like 42% of the total membership vote last time? That’s the problem that needs to be addressed. Wake the members up. I asked my driver buddies if they received the survey about the upcoming contract in the mail. The survey asks what are your biggest concerns/wants/needs you want to see addressed and if it comes to it, would you strike. You know, pretty important questions. They all said no and didn’t even seem interested.

Didn’t something like 42% of the total membership vote last time? That’s the problem that needs to be addressed. Wake the members up. I asked my driver buddies if they received the survey about the upcoming contract in the mail. The survey asks what are your biggest concerns/wants/needs you want to see addressed and if it comes to it, would you strike. You know, pretty important questions. They all said no and didn’t even seem interested.
It takes you probably less than 30 seconds to vote, for the next 5 years of your future
I really don't get it

Yeet

It takes you probably less than 30 seconds to vote, for the next 5 years of your future
I really don't get it
Me either. The company is not going to respect a strike threat if only 40% of the members are even taking 5 minutes out of their day to vote. Way to screw your fellow brothers and sisters.

Me either. The company is not going to respect a strike threat if only 40% of the members are even taking 5 minutes out of their day to vote. Way to screw your fellow brothers and sisters.
We always have a pretty good voter turnout here.
Because we talk to the younger guys and explain to him it's very important to vote.
I don't tell them how to vote I just tell them to vote

Yeet

We always have a pretty good voter turnout here.
Because we talk to the younger guys and explain to him it's very important to vote.
I don't tell them how to vote I just tell them to vote
Same with me. I literally tell them I don’t even care if your vote is different that mine. Just vote.

Yeet

And if we could have got a few more people to vote last contract it would have not passed
Thankfully we'll have to worry about the 2/3 rule this time
Hoffa knew what he was doing. He knew that would be the last time the 2/3 rule could be used but he didn’t care because he knew he was about to retire. You cannot convince me he wasn’t paid handsomely for that maneuver by UPS and gave us all the middle finger as he rode off into the sunset.

That was the major deciding factor in me voting for a change in the ranks in the last presidential election.

Hoffa knew what he was doing. He knew that would be the last time the 2/3 rule could be used but he didn’t care because he knew he was about to retire. You cannot convince me he wasn’t paid handsomely for that maneuver by UPS and gave us all the middle finger as he rode off into the sunset.

That was the major deciding factor in me voting for a change in the ranks in the last presidential election.
That was a big slap in the face to every UPS Teamster

MY PERSONAL OPINION IS THAT IT WAS HIS VENDETTA AGAINST US FOR HIM ALMOST GETTING VOTED OUT OF OFFICE IN 2016

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
OK. As long as you're willing to look at the proposal before you vote.

To the others you are talking about. They're brilliant. They should not have a vote. They're going to skew the vote by voting no on anything that is offered. Even if they're offered $100/hr and strickly 8 hours, they will vote no.

You sound scared.

Trucker Clock

You sound scared.

Nope.

Just don’t want to see that young package car with 3 kids who just bought a house lose the house and healthcare because some jackoff voted no out of spite.

If we don’t get a good contract, it may be necessary for those drivers to lose everything.

In that case though, it would be for the greater good, not for spite.

A strike won’t affect me, except to give me more paid time off.

Pullman Brown

We need separate contracts! One for full-time one for part time! Part-timers make up most of the employees and could care less. Most of them aren’t here long enough to care! No excuse why full timers are not voting!