Please describe the discipline steps for attendance.

D

Deleted member 77202

Sometimes I wonder if attendance at my building is optional. Okay, just (kinda) kidding.

What I mean is that some employees call off work at least one day every single week, and no one says a word about it.

The supervisors don't care; they simply call or text the next employee on the seniority list. They just need a body there to do the work and don't give a smile* who it is.

PTPeanuts

When I was on night sort at my old building I used to call out all the time and never even got a verbal warning.

Then I went to preload at a different building and you all know the rest.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sometimes I wonder if attendance at my building is optional. Okay, just (kinda) kidding.

What I mean is that some employees call off work at least one day every single week, and no one says a word about it.

The supervisors don't care; they simply call or text the next employee on the seniority list. They just need a body there to do the work and don't give a smile* who it is.

I applaud you for using the search function

DA8CEAED-126E-47D1-ABC2-33FE719F0419.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Again thanks to all of u. My questions is those who are still getting intent to discharge letter after serving the one day suspension. What follows next ?i understand they get fired eventually but i see they still at work

Attendance issues follow progressive discipline.

1. Warning letter
2. Suspension
3. Discharge

Although, the Company "usually" is pretty lax on the issue, meaning that you really have to be a problem child to get terminated. But I have seen it happen.

"Technically," at least here anyways, the following could apply in a 9 month period.

5th occurrence could be a verbal review
6th occurrence could be a warning letter
7th occurrence could be a suspension
8th occurrence could be a discharge

It rarely goes to a discharge after 8, but contractually, it could.

Without being totally stupid, and just doing your job, attendance is about the only thing you could get fired for.

MattM

1-3-5 around here

But even then. It's very difficult. You have to be a complete mess up to get fired from a union Job.

I've seen verbal warnings 2-3 times. Then a documented talk 2-3 times. By then, it may be time for a 1 day suspension. But it gets grieved, and it's knocked down to a warning letter.

Then soon we see 3 days get turned into 1s. We've been seen 1 days comboed with 3 days, and they still manage to keep their job.

If the bosses hate you, they hate you. It's sad how that works. I can have zero call outs, or lates, but still have the same number of warning letters as someone who's been late 70 times, and has 6-7 sick days used ever quarter.