Please go to Local 2727 for upcoming strike info

UPSSOCKS

One more.....

All you part timers out there that have a family and are working two jobs and struggling to make ends meet. Let these morons strike... Everyone of their jobs is an opportunity for you. And every inch they get, is an inch you will lose... UPS is just like any company... They only have so much to give... The more these high paid employees get, the less you will in 2013.... Think about all the contracts in the past.... The high paid employees get more and the bottom of the food chain gets less......... Don't throw you and your families futures away for a bunch of lazy mechanics.....

mrv

One more.....

All you part timers out there that have a family and are working two jobs and struggling to make ends meet. Let these morons strike... Everyone of their jobs is an opportunity for you. And every inch they get, is an inch you will lose... UPS is just like any company... They only have so much to give... The more these high paid employees get, the less you will in 2013.... Think about all the contracts in the past.... The high paid employees get more and the bottom of the food chain gets less......... Don't throw you and your families futures away for a bunch of lazy mechanics.....

Nice try! I doubt many Teamsters will rally behind the UPSSOCKS battle cry.

airbusfxr

UPState, AA is gearing up for strike, both mechanics, ground workers, and Flight attentands. You must understand Clinton was the last Pres to help union members, the last 8 years bush and his PEB shut down any union workers attempts to get ahead of big corps. We, as citizens and Union members, have constitutional rights and we are using them right now. Airline employess are working under laws of the 1920s and it is hard to deal with air and rail companies due to you buddy ole Pulllman (brown). No one wants a work stoppage but it is our right as UPSCO workers to strike in order to receive a contract. Like I said, wait till 2013 and you will come running and screaming to the pilots and mechanics to help you get a contract, and I be damned, I will still stand by your side till you are fairly compensated.

blackfoot

Quote from UPSSOCKS "All you part timers out there that have a family and are working two jobs and struggling to make ends meet. Let these morons strike... Everyone of their jobs is an opportunity for you. And every inch they get, is an inch you will lose... " Thats a lie , a person can not just buy some tools and work on aircraft. Also why are these guys part time .....because big brown wants all part timers (just my opinion ). Every inch we loose 89 will loose........... I will be the first person to say in public to give back, if UPS was loosing money. I want UPS to prosper along with its employees. UPS sould be ashamed for taking away paid health care and bonuses from it sups (just my opinion).

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I am rallying behind what UPSSOCKS is saying! I haven't spread Brown Cafe onto my co-workers, but their mood is to ignore the airline mechanic's issues

Watcher

I am not new here as I have been watching the 2727 thread for months. Quietly. Airbusfxr, you are ill informed with how you began this thread and your assertions as statements-of-fact must be challenged. You are spreading complete exaggerations to fuel your debate, so please either produce proof as requested or stand down on your inflammatory talk. First, management pilots are NOT trying to join the union. Rather, the IPA has sent cards to Management Pilots and are attempting to gain them through accretion. Second, the payscale you quote is COMPLETELY out of line. Supervisors making $330K? Where? "Pilot Managers" making $380K? Try $140k to $190K. For those of you who are following this thread, please do your own research and come to your own conclusions and not believe all you hear and see about the secret whopping management pay and bonus scale. I respect your cause and agree with some of your points. However, as it was said earlier, you are chipping away at your credibility at this blatant telling of false truths. ENOUGH. If you would express yourself in a calmer and less inflammatory manner, you might have some meaningful discussion and educate some folks. I am not implying to change your position, but be accurate in what you assert as fact. Doing any less is just not respectable and takes away from your cause. UPSSOCKS, you aren't helping by joining in the game. If you feel you should drive down to making fun of other points of view to express your own, perhaps you should re-evaluate your position. We all learn by listening to others. With attitudes and banter like this, cooler heads will never prevail and truly meaningful negotiation will NEVER take place, regardless of which side you are on. I hope we avoid a strike, no one wins and it has been said many times. But I strongly caution you to be careful what you wish for. Flame if you must, no offense intended, only a correction to "facts" that started this thread.

mrv

Thanks Watcher. I did some research and a Topped out Capt at UPS makes 244$ an hour on a 81 hr a month guarantee which equates to 19,746$ a month and 227,952$ a year. Having said that I don't think our management pilots are only making 140k to 190k. If they are making that then the accretion to IPA is a slam dunk.

Thanks for your input its welcomed.

Watcher

Thanks Watcher. I did some research and a Topped out Capt at UPS makes 244$ an hour on a 81 hr a month guarantee which equates to 19,746$ a month and 227,952$ a year. Having said that I don't think our management pilots are only making 140k to 190k. If they are making that then the accretion to IPA is a slam dunk.

Thank you mrv, I really appreciate it. You are correct on contract pay. A line pilot may also increase that number with per diem and open time, so it may even be more. For management, total compensation takes into account 401(k) match (which is gone), health care (which employee cost has increased) and MIP (which has decreased), so total compensation isn't what it was. I will concede that top sups are over the $200K mark, but not by much. Raw salary is less than the total that is shown to be paid. The discrepancy you note is precisely why the MIP was so important, to make the difference up to a line counterpart. Thanks again for the welcome.

UPS mgt capt making 190k, how would anyone ever go into MGT?

Airbusfixr, that is the key question. For some, it was a way to go straight to Captain's pay without dealing with seniority. For others, it is simply the urge to be in management and all that comes with it. You could also make an argument that the schedule and location are more stable. Some were hired straight into managment and for those folks, I'm sure it was a simple choice (job or no job). As far as the acretion efforts go, that is the sticking point. If the management pilots go union, seniority is the sticking point. Several management captains will be flying in the right seat. Some even will be close to the furlough mark, so I am not so sure it is a sure thing. Do not assume that the group stands to gain in pay, a lot won't, per the contract and seniority. Sticky issue.

This guy calling himself "watcher" is a clown and also does not know what he/she is talking. about..

Ok, I knew the flame would come and it was the management guy who went there. That truly is a shame, because you don't represent our company on my behalf. You have no idea what I know and worse, you have even less of an idea about what you don't know youself. If name calling makes you feel better, I feel you have a difficult future. I do believe you present yourself here much differently than you do on the job. Again, presenting compelling ideas and discussing them rationally is more productive. Different points of view and agreeing to disagree are ok. Perhaps you aren't interested in that. I would continue to debate facts sir, but I am afraid you are unarmed.

airbusfxr

Watcher, I want what the pilots got a _% raise each year, full retro, free health care, and job protection. We have been in talks for years and UPS has not addressed these issues, just last and final offer and threw it out on UPSers.com. We have had phone surveys and the mediator is fed up with both sides, we are soon to be released if the April talks end. The IBT is upset that 1k workers will take down 200k but what did you do when the chips were down? The only thing to end this stalemate is to either pay up or strike or wait and deal with Joe Darmento this Oct after the elections. If you are a pilot, you dont seemed concerned about the 300 that might soon be out on the street and your sure not upset about 10% of the mechanics already ran off. I can tell you GWC and Planning are overloading the work and asking less to do more. We just had a 757 rev damaged due to part failure after major insp. How many years has UPS been without an incident, say EFD in the late 90s. We have not been lucky, we have and will continue to be the best airline in the world. In closing, thanks for joining in April and reading all my posts, but if UPS ever needs financial help I will be the first to give. I gave 800 shares of OPL back to UPS and you know how many shares I purchased with my own money and hypo loans against MY OWN MONEY.

geneva54

I am not new here as I have been watching the 2727 thread for months. Quietly. Airbusfxr, you are ill informed with how you began this thread and your assertions as statements-of-fact must be challenged. You are spreading complete exaggerations to fuel your debate, so please either produce proof as requested or stand down on your inflammatory talk. First, management pilots are NOT trying to join the union. Rather, the IPA has sent cards to Management Pilots and are attempting to gain them through accretion. Second, the payscale you quote is COMPLETELY out of line. Supervisors making $330K? Where? "Pilot Managers" making $380K? Try $140k to $190K. For those of you who are following this thread, please do your own research and come to your own conclusions and not believe all you hear and see about the secret whopping management pay and bonus scale. I respect your cause and agree with some of your points. However, as it was said earlier, you are chipping away at your credibility at this blatant telling of false truths. ENOUGH. If you would express yourself in a calmer and less inflammatory manner, you might have some meaningful discussion and educate some folks. I am not implying to change your position, but be accurate in what you assert as fact. Doing any less is just not respectable and takes away from your cause. UPSSOCKS, you aren't helping by joining in the game. If you feel you should drive down to making fun of other points of view to express your own, perhaps you should re-evaluate your position. We all learn by listening to others. With attitudes and banter like this, cooler heads will never prevail and truly meaningful negotiation will NEVER take place, regardless of which side you are on. I hope we avoid a strike, no one wins and it has been said many times. But I strongly caution you to be careful what you wish for. Flame if you must, no offense intended, only a correction to "facts" that started this thread.

geneva54

Thanks Watcher there does seem to be a lot of trolling and misinformation on these threads. Hopefully the people doing the negotiations are more serious.

geneva54

wait and deal with Joe Darmento this Oct after the elections=QUOTE said:
I agree with what you said........wait and deal with Joe Darmento this Oct after the election.............this would be our best course of action at this point.

airbusfxr

If this guy is a pilot, and I doubt it, all he would do is ask the AMT @ dispatch what is going on. I feel he is just another low level sup who reads airupsers and knows it all. But I could care less I want full retro, _% raise, free health care, job protection, and return laid off members. That is what WE want, not just little Airbusfxr.

UPSSOCKS

If this guy is a pilot, and I doubt it, all he would do is ask the AMT @ dispatch what is going on. I feel he is just another low level sup who reads airupsers and knows it all. But I could care less I want full retro, _% raise, free health care, job protection, and return laid off members. That is what WE want, not just little Airbusfxr.

Keep dreaming.....

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am not your friend. I am also not whining. I just happen to be a bit more realistic than you appear to be.

We will be at $32+/hr plus benefits by 2013. This is for a job that doesn't even require a HS diploma.

I believe that the mechanics should be fairly compensated for the work that they do and the training that they have received and continue to receive to do their jobs. I have worked on a flightline before and have some feel for what you guys do out there. But, at what point is it enough? At what point will you feel that you are fairly compensated? I would think $43/hr would be awfully close to that point.

This could very well be a strike that the company does not recover from.
Dave, do you rememebr what we were making in 97? If I recall it was about $19 an hour. So by the end of this contract we would have gone up $13 an hour to $32 over a 16 year period. But it took 80 years to get to $19 an hour. We had pilots and mechanics that im sure felt the exact same way you do now back than. They didnt complain publically, because it hurts the cause.

To blame the mechanics for being greedy and selfish is not right. They are not to blame, how long would we work without a raise or a contract? Every job within UPS is the top paying in the industry and it should be! We all earn our pay and play a part in the sucess and should be treated fairly. 3 years without a contract is a joke!

705red

Browncafe Steward
2727 members we expect sucks to come on here and stir the pot, hes a internet bully and its what he does. However you guys and gals are on this site asking for support and the way some of you carry yourselves is a disgrace. Im not pointing fingers and im not calling any ONE person out, but understand we as people wil never all agree on any issue. Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, White Sox for example. How do you think that we all will agree with you or UPS on this contract?

To bully posters and badger each other for having different points of views is only hurting your cause. If someone does not agree with you let it go, thank them for listeneing to your point of view and also agree with them that you hope a stopage is not necessary. You do this and your support will grow just because you are attempting to be the better man. Just my 2 cents and words I am trying to live by, notice I said trying. Baby steps.