Please post all outsourcing UPS did over the years (on Topic)

UPSER1987

My statement was not fot that intention. My personal belief has always been that union members need to enter management to change the company for the better. You can’t do that as a driver. The most a driver can touch is their customers. But a division manager can touch an operation and connect to departments and resources that can affect change. Only thing he has to do is make a request IE to look into it. You can’t do that as a driver or union member.
There is truth to this. :censored2:ty management makes :censored2:ty union employees. It takes a special person to lead-anyone can follow.

Thebrownblob

All I know is that the Amazon driver delivers my packages on time and safer than the ups guy. It’s sad.
Ok sure 😂🙄

oldngray

nowhere special
He's taking a person like I'm saying something negative against management.
I know a few drivers that went into management and the reasoning why was because they didn't want to have to spend another 25+ years behind the wheel.
Nobody with much time in as an hourly goes into management. Mostly new guys who don't know how things work yet.

Thebrownblob

And there is nowhere to go anymore.... no advancement opportunity.
My center has four on road supervisors three part-time OMS And a Center Manager. We all know they do not need all those people they could run the center with half of that crew or one full-time on road and the rest part time and big Carol knows it to. After lunch most of them are gone for the day and they’re hardly ever at work past 6 PM.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My center has four on road supervisors three part-time OMS And a Center Manager. We all know they do not need all those people they could run the center with half of that crew or one full-time on road and the rest part time and big Carol knows it to. After lunch most of them are gone for the day and they’re hardly ever at work past 6 PM.

Remember when they would rotate being the late night supe ?

Always a FT supe in the center till the last driver was in. You almost didn't mind pulling a 12 hr day....

:biggrin:

oldngray

nowhere special
Right before I retired they cut the sups in half and buried the ones left with an impossible workload. A lot of them end up quitting. But Carol fixed that. Right?

Thebrownblob

The current management team is safe through August after that they better be looking over their shoulder because Big Carol is going to break out the axe

PT Car Washer

You must have much better amazon drivers in your area. I dont think I have seen the same one twice, they have damaged my lawn trying to come down my driveway, had one driving thru the neighborhood with the sliding door wide open and packages almost falling out, another driving the wrong way around a traffic circle.

My favorite was the one playing rap music so loud I heard it behind my house walked out front to see the amazon van door wide open MF this N word that with young kids playing outside. Sure they will hear plenty of that growing up but have some common sense! I live in a nice neighborhood, they dont even care if someone complains. UPS drivers I have seen are far more professional, never seen them do stuff like that.
I guess you have never met some of our UPS delivery drivers. Perfect description. Don't forget the shaggy hair and beards and all inked up.

DriverNerd

This service gives customers the flexibility to choose a cheaper shipping option. If the option was UPS vs USPS, then the customer would had picked USPS(cheap).
Some might indeed do that, but I think you underestimate how many shippers hate dealing with the post office. They might like their drivers but their package requirements, holidays off (not to mention weather delays), missed pickups and early pickup times just to name a few really tick them off. A lot of shippers I visit (and I see many) that have multiple pickups (eg. UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS) complain by far the most about USPS.

Our hub delivers cattle car after cattle car of packages to post offices around our metro area. How exactly is the post office going to pickup all this sure post volume if it went to USPS when they don't have enough employees to do the work they have now? I think many of those would eventually switch. I know a few that used to ship sure post and switched back to UPS ground because their packages would get to the post office then sit there for days. Or would disappear all together. Or would show as delivered then get delivered a day or two later (typical USPS behavior).

I won't argue the money aspect, but some shippers really do rely on our superior delivery service for their continued existence.