Please post all outsourcing UPS did over the years (on Topic)

Up In Smoke

30 pieces? We take hundreds everyday to a suburban Post Office. Closest thing to a rural route are the SUV's sitting in the driveway.
I have two rural post offices. The post office addresses require a signature. I have signed delivery notes for each but that is not an option with the DIAD 6. I know 99% of the people on my route and could easily deliver the Surepost pkgs each day by creating a stop, but DIAD 6 won't allow for this either. The solution is to sheet each stop as a NSN on day one and have the clerk place the physical address for delivery on day two. The company has no intention to change the process for now. The sub drivers on my route record as a residential and DR to the rear door. I have a third post office, but someone is always there to sign for the pkgs. I keep very good notes for my protection.

AKCoverMan

Sure post is an economy priced service that we provide partial resources to. We’re taking a play straight out of Amazon’s playbook. this service allows other businesses to tap into our sorting capacity. While not overloading the drivers with rural stops. “We sort, you deliver” is how I coin it.
Some of the packages we would have never touched if it wasn’t for sure post. It’s more true that it allows us to generate another revenue stream vs. another way to outsourcing jobs.
It’s shooting ourselves in the foot, reputation wise. I have customers who have given up trying to order anything becuase god help them if it ends up with the Post Office they can’t seem to find 70% of addresses on my route. Packages just get RTSed by the Post Office with no notice unless the shippers notify them.

Plus it’s supposed to go with UPS as far as the PO that serves the customer‘s mail carrier, but here in the Last Frontier the Surepost packages get tendered to USPS in Federal Way, WA. That’s one helluva ”last mile”. 🤣

AKCoverMan

More to the topic at hand…

I’d be interested to know any remote areas that have any kind of subcontractor involved in delivering our packages. Here in The Last Frontier the company contracts out most of Bush Alaska, which includes hundreds of villages off the road system but also a good deal of the state that is on the road system.

When my sweetie and I were on Catalina Island off coast of California I learned the air taxi company the brought UPS packages over to the island also delivered them with two full time ish drivers. OK we don’t operate the equipment needed for the Short flight but we could still have Teamsters delivering.

Anywhere else anyone knows about?

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
if It reduces stops and packages being delivered by UPS Teamsters then I think it does reduce the need.

Thought Carol wanted to ditch lower revenue segments anyway?

This service gives customers the flexibility to choose a cheaper shipping option. If the option was UPS vs USPS, then the customer would had picked USPS(cheap). With surepost, the customer is picking both parties. It does not take volume from ups but adds it. We have to inbound it, we have to sort it and then we deliver it. This literally is a win-win. These are solutions you want, they don’t negatively impact union jobs.

This service gives customers the flexibility to choose a cheaper shipping option. If the option was UPS vs USPS, then the customer would had picked USPS(cheap). With surepost, the customer is picking both parties. It does not take volume from ups but adds it. We have to inbound it, we have to sort it and then we deliver it. This literally is a win-win. These are solutions you want, they don’t negatively impact union jobs.
Okay...

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
It’s shooting ourselves in the foot, reputation wise. I have customers who have given up trying to order anything becuase god help them if it ends up with the Post Office they can’t seem to find 70% of addresses on my route. Packages just get RTSed by the Post Office with no notice unless the shippers notify them.

Plus it’s supposed to go with UPS as far as the PO that serves the customer‘s mail carrier, but here in the Last Frontier the Surepost packages get tendered to USPS in Federal Way, WA. That’s one helluva ”last mile”. 🤣

Not every option is full proof. But still the service is better than the alternative. If we don’t capture the volume, then the business doesn’t need x Union positions, but with the volume we can add or maintain the x.

If surepost goes, so does the customers and its volume. It will return back to usps and fedex. Also causing ups to layoff or reduce OT.

PT Car Washer

The customer is the shipper.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Thinking “good customer service” plus “UPS branded product” isn’t hard thought at all.

I mean maybe it is for some in management? 🤣
Lol… you should join management and pitch your big ideas to the company or buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

I believe the latter is for you

Thebrownblob

Your little story is full of nonsense and half-truths. Such a great service that FedEx did away with there own brand of it.