Police Brutality & Executions

rickyb

wow you cant make this stuff up!

Jeff Sessions Wants to Make “Legalized Theft” Great Again

The practice — known as “civil asset forfeiture” — became widespread as part of the drug crackdown in the 1980s, after Congress passed a law in 1984 that allowed the Department of Justice to keep the property it seized. At the time, forfeiture was billed as a way to undermine the resources of large criminal enterprises, but law enforcement saw it as a way to underwrite their budgets, and have overwhelmingly gone after people without the means to challenge the seizures in court.

The practice has become so widespread that in 2014, law enforcement officers took more property from American citizens than all home and office burglaries combined.

...“These purported safeguards amount to little more than self-policing, and we all know how well that works,” said Kanya Bennett, a lawyer for the ACLU that focuses on criminal justice issues. “We can’t trust the very law enforcement agencies that stand to profit from a forfeiture to police themselves.”

wayfair

swollen member
wow you cant make this stuff up!

Jeff Sessions Wants to Make “Legalized Theft” Great Again

The practice — known as “civil asset forfeiture” — became widespread as part of the drug crackdown in the 1980s, after Congress passed a law in 1984 that allowed the Department of Justice to keep the property it seized. At the time, forfeiture was billed as a way to undermine the resources of large criminal enterprises, but law enforcement saw it as a way to underwrite their budgets, and have overwhelmingly gone after people without the means to challenge the seizures in court.

The practice has become so widespread that in 2014, law enforcement officers took more property from American citizens than all home and office burglaries combined.

...“These purported safeguards amount to little more than self-policing, and we all know how well that works,” said Kanya Bennett, a lawyer for the ACLU that focuses on criminal justice issues. “We can’t trust the very law enforcement agencies that stand to profit from a forfeiture to police themselves.”

Well RickyB, felons lose most of their rights once they become one.

rickyb

Well RickyB, felons lose most of their rights once they become one.
A: i wouldnt be suprised if they are taking from people who are innocent
B: just because you have a law, doesnt mean its just.

if you want civilized society free of crime, then you have to have reasonable policies. if the majority of jobs are low paying or otherwise suck, high student debt for college, unaffordable rents / housing, and other things, then people are gonna turn to crime.

cops in america are out of control. democracy now just did a segment on them, and i will post.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

cops in america are out of control. democracy now just did a segment on them, and i will post.
if your not going to respect @Future were going to have problems

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

if you want civilized society free of crime, then you have to have reasonable policies. if the majority of jobs are low paying or otherwise suck, high student debt for college, unaffordable rents / housing, and other things, then people are gonna turn to crime.

There is not, nor has there been a society free of crime since the Garden of Eden, and that didn't last forever. Ain't gonna happen whether jobs are high paying or low paying. It won't happen whether people are given everything totally free. Shangri la is a myth. Utopia is not possible.

rickyb

There is not, nor has there been a society free of crime since the Garden of Eden, and that didn't last forever. Ain't gonna happen whether jobs are high paying or low paying. It won't happen whether people are given everything totally free. Shangri la is a myth.
so if you want to lower crime then there are policies you can pursue.

why waste your time writing such trash?