Police Brutality & Executions

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wish this country could return to the police forces that I grew up under .
Give a cop some lip and he breaks your lip .
Don't go home crying to mommy , because your old man will finish what the cop started and drag you down to the police station to have you apologize to the cop .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Don't go home crying to mommy , because your old man will finish what the cop started and drag you down to the police station to have you apologize to the cop .
I wish people who felt that way would just die already so we could move on from that stupid ignorant period of our history. We can't always get what we want though.... and then sometimes we just have to wait a little while.

newfie

I agree. you knew that you would get your :censored2: beat if you disrespect a cop so you didn't disrespect them. rules were simple.

rickyb

haha im sure its not that much better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish people who felt that way would just die already so we could move on from that stupid ignorant period of our history. We can't always get what we want though.... and then sometimes we just have to wait a little while.

I have to agree with this Baba on this one.

"Wait til your father gets home" were the words we did not want to hear from our mother when we were kids.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Maybe we should have these protestors or cop killers policing r communities. cops usually go in areas or are called to areas where crime is prevalent. protestors and others just show up and destroy things.

rod

Retired 22 years
You agree that police should be able to hit people when they hear words they don't like?
\

Cops did get way more respect when I was growing up. A lot of that had to do with kids being raised to respect them and knowing what would happen if we didn't. That was back when parents actually held little Johnny responsible for his actions. Now days I get so sick and tired of hearing "please Johnny - don't do that" over and over and over again while the little bastard continues to carry on his bad behavior. For gods sakes young parents of today--give the kid a swat on the butt if he don't listen to you. You aren't there to be his friend--you are there to teach him right from wrong. 99% of cops today are decent people just doing what they were hired to do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
\

Cops did get way more respect when I was growing up. A lot of that had to do with kids being raised to respect them and knowing what would happen if we didn't. That was back when parents actually held little Johnny responsible for his actions. Now days I get so sick and tired of hearing "please Johnny - don't do that" over and over and over again while the little bastard continues to carry on his bad behavior. For gods sakes young parents of today--give the kid a swat on the butt if he don't listen to you. You aren't there to be his friend--you are there to teach him right from wrong.
People tend to not respect each other in general in my experience. Still, reacting to disrespect with violence is not acceptable, especially for law enforcement. I'm not suggesting it's a common problem, but I'm not condoning it either like babbage is.

wkmac

Ah, remembering the good ole days.

From 1970' to 1975' the annual average of a felonious killing of a police officer was 125 per year.

From 2006' to 2010' the average was 50.

I kinda agree with DIDO that lack of respect generally is more common today than it was 40/50 years ago but I also remember cops were equally respectful if you will. And to defend the average cop a bit here, cops back then had far more leeway to make on the spot judgements but now public policy governs them to approach and act a certain way with so many given situations. Case in point, in the early 70's some high school friends got caught underage drinking and driving. The officer choose to make them park the car, took their keys and told to sleep it off and that he'd come by on occasion and check and when he felt they were able, he'd follow them home to see their parents. The officer then went and called each of their parents, told them the deal and then about daybreak, followed each of them home where the parents waited for them at the door. I know this officer as we deer hunted together and he did what he did because he didn't want the boys to have a record for one stupid night and he also felt walking up to that door facing their parents was going to be harder than walking into a jail cell. A number of weeks later those same boys saw the officer on the street and went up and thanked him for what he did and they never betrayed the judgement and trust the officer had in them. Nowadays, a cop risks his/her job for making such a judgement and I dare say a segment of society (an unthinking one) would also not tolerate the officer's judgement in this case.

This monster in the end has 2 heads to the problem, both with problematic outcomes as we often and tragically see.