Politics, Religion, Morals and Work Ethic.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The actual difference between an atheist and an agnostic is that an atheist will state that he doesn't believe in god, while an agnostic will say that he doesn't know, or isn't sure. I've been an atheist all my life, and I can assure you that I have no interest in trying to prove that god doesn't exist or taking away his followers.
Maybe you're an Agno-Atheist and just don't know it? Whatever you are is exactly what you want to be and I for one respect you for putting yourself out there and being honest. I also admire your posts and am not just sucking up to you so I can say I have an Agno-Atheistical friend on the internet, LOL. Just do me a favor and don't post about computers that you're building, that gives me headaches.:wink2:

The actual difference between an atheist and an agnostic is that an atheist will state that he doesn't believe in god, while an agnostic will say that he doesn't know, or isn't sure. I've been an atheist all my life, and I can assure you that I have no interest in trying to prove that god doesn't exist or taking away his followers.

I agree. I've been an atheist since about 5th grade. I'm open to changing my mind if I were to see verifiable proof of a supernatural power. The thing that separates me from agnostics is that I don't think anything supernatural will happen. As opposed to many agnostics who might call themselves "spiritual", but just not part of an organized religion.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I agree. I've been an atheist since about 5th grade. I'm open to changing my mind if I were to see verifiable proof of a supernatural power. The thing that separates me from agnostics is that I don't think anything supernatural will happen. As opposed to many agnostics who might call themselves "spiritual", but just not part of an organized religion.
That's interesting that you say since the 5th grade. Do you actually remember the day? I guess this also throws that old saying under the bus, the one about how if there wasn't religion people would roam about like animals.

That's interesting that you say since the 5th grade. Do you actually remember the day? I guess this also throws that old saying under the bus, the one about how if there wasn't religion people would roam about like animals.

Honestly, around fifth grade is when I first started thinking about anything of consequence. I remember wondering if the world revolved around me and if I wasn't there, would everything still be going on without me. Other factors also contributed to my lack of faith but that's the earliest instance I can remember.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Honestly, around fifth grade is when I first started thinking about anything of consequence. I remember wondering if the world revolved around me and if I wasn't there, would everything still be going on without me. Other factors also contributed to my lack of faith but that's the earliest instance I can remember.
Funny you mention those memories. I remember when I was that age and out playing with friends, school and such. I do remember thinking about things, such as life and stuff. I think I'm gonna go sit in my easy chair, (STUG doesn't own a laptop), and reminisce.:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I work around some people in their forties that think it does.
revolves.jpg
:wink2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
An interesting side, multiple millions of people during earths history have perished because of religious differences. And it continues to this day. Not because of any true religion, but because of mis-teachings of those religions.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
An interesting side, multiple millions of people during earths history have perished because of religious differences. And it continues to this day. Not because of any true religion, but because of mis-teachings of those religions.

d

Exactly, eating pork is very good for and cures many illnesses.