Poor postal workers

oldngray

nowhere special

542thruNthru

In addition to the “physically taxing” work letter carriers conduct when out for deliveries, the union said, they are often exposed to weather such as rain, snow and extreme heat.

What happened to "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"?

The same thing that happen to the S in UPS. It's a made up slogan.

Mack37

I can’t blame them. Too many people in the burbs or the boondocks think every postal route is mounted and forget that thousands of letter carriers have walking routes. Now instead of walking for 4-5 hours a day, they’ll get to walk 8 hours a day. I’d be pissed too.

I sure as hell don’t want to walk all day through a foot of snow or in 100 degree heat.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can’t blame them. Too many people in the burbs or the boondocks think every postal route is mounted and forget that thousands of letter carriers have walking routes. Now instead of walking for 4-5 hours a day, they’ll get to walk 8 hours a day. I’d be pissed too.

I sure as hell don’t want to walk all day through a foot of snow or in 100 degree heat.
All of our town and residential areas around here have walking postmen. It's a BRUTAL job in the winter. I wouldn't want it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Find a different job then.