Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

vantexan

The obvious reason why they are considering dropping the celibacy requirement thereby allowing priests to do the barnyard thing with anyone of legal age willing to do it with them is because it's the only way they're going to get anyone to take the job. If one of them likes a boy now and then you think the Vatican is going to care? They never did before . So why do you think they would now?
When will the Biden administration drop the celibacy requirement for old liberals?

El Correcto

god is dead
For reference please include translation/ version of the Bible you are using when citing scripture.

Thanks.
Why are there so many different versions of God’s word? Which one is the correct one?
Ditto for different denominations of Christians.

It wasn’t that long ago Christians warred with Christians over these ideas.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Estimations show there are more than 200 Christian denominations in the U.S. and a staggering 45,000 globally, according to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity.

What amazes me is each one is sure they are the ones interpreting the Bible right. I once was told by a pastor that confusion comes from the Devil. If that is true there sure is a lot of confusion about the Bible. Just saying.

El Correcto

god is dead
Estimations show there are more than 200 Christian denominations in the U.S. and a staggering 45,000 globally, according to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity.

What amazes me is each one is sure they are the ones interpreting the Bible right. I once was told by a pastor that confusion comes from the Devil. If that is true there sure is a lot of confusion about the Bible. Just saying.
It’s because the Bible isn’t the word of god and is a political tool of man. Always has been always will be.

vantexan

Come on now, the Bible even influenced Japan in the first century. What is now the Honda car company was started then due to Church influence.

Integrity

Binge Poster
@Integrity
Have we already forgotten the Holy Spirit of God communicated directly to you that homosexuality was no longer an abomination and gay marriage was acceptable in His sight?
Ask Him . You need not worry about trivial matters of translations when you have this kind of communication going on.
Please just reference your quotes correctly.

Thanks.

FromOffTheStreets

Ditto for different denominations of Christians.

It wasn’t that long ago Christians warred with Christians over these ideas.
I think denominations compound because people want to separate themselves from others, at the end of the day.
They find different passages that they like & Elevate them specifically. It gives them the ability to create their own system & be "in charge."

El Correcto

god is dead
I have no idea why so many translations, but it's not like the translations are so far apart that they alter the main ideas (in most cases anyways).
What about the gnostics? What about the many splits and alterations of the Bible by different early sects?
Surely there is some huge translation changes there?

FromOffTheStreets

What about the gnostics? What about the many splits and alterations of the Bible by different early sects?
Surely there is some huge translation changes there?
I don't think huge.
If you look at the lineage of Jesus & trace those people back through the old testament, God was able to preserve a line through to Jesus in some extraordinary circumstances. I think he is able also to get through to his creation what he wants us to know.
The problem is that there are things in there that we don't like(there is something for every single person to not like) so we set out to discredit it or nullify things.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Bible is definitely used as a tool by people that act like they are Christian. This doesn't mean that the Bible isn't the word of God. It means that flawed humans are flawed.
Yes and you treat the work of flawed humans like it is a divine creation.
I don't think huge.
If you look at the lineage of Jesus & trace those people back through the old testament, God was able to preserve a line through to Jesus in some extraordinary circumstances. I think he is able also to get through to his creation what he wants us to know.
The problem is that there are things in there that we don't like(there is something for every single person to not like) so we set out to discredit it or nullify things.
Okay let’s open the divine creators wisdom up to the first page. So apparently god doesn’t realize how a planet rotating on it’s axis causes days and that there was a sun before there was an earth.

Apparently god believes the sky is a dome and that there is water above it?? God sounding like a flat earther to me..

God thinks the waters are all in one place and that the bodies of water are just called “sea”? That sounds a little flat earther to me. God thinks there was plants alive on day three of the earth, that is just factually incorrect, not sure where god came to such a conclusion.

So the sun was created on day four along with the moon?? Apparently god doesn’t realize what a sun/star is and that light comes from them, that is flat earther tier logic..

Bro I can’t even make it through the first page of this nonsense without wanting to throw it out. This is utter horse :censored2:.

El Correcto

god is dead
Like I said this is straight up human logic that evolved over time through discovery.
This is a neat way to view how humans viewed reality during our early days, but this isn’t :censored2:ing the word of god.

vantexan

Yes and you treat the work of flawed humans like it is a divine creation.

Okay let’s open the divine creators wisdom up to the first page. So apparently god doesn’t realize how a planet rotating on it’s axis causes days and that there was a sun before there was an earth.

Apparently god believes the sky is a dome and that there is water above it?? God sounding like a flat earther to me..

God thinks the waters are all in one place and that the bodies of water are just called “sea”? That sounds a little flat earther to me. God thinks there was plants alive on day three of the earth, that is just factually incorrect, not sure where god came to such a conclusion.

So the sun was created on day four along with the moon?? Apparently god doesn’t realize what a sun/star is and that light comes from them, that is flat earther tier logic..

Bro I can’t even make it through the first page of this nonsense without wanting to throw it out. This is utter horse :censored2:.
Ever hear of allegory?