Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

FromOffTheStreets

Yes and you treat the work of flawed humans like it is a divine creation.

Okay let’s open the divine creators wisdom up to the first page. So apparently god doesn’t realize how a planet rotating on it’s axis causes days and that there was a sun before
Some elements created themselves & EXPLODED one day filling space that didn't exist. Over billions of years water was formed from molten rocks. A single celled amoeba created itself & went on to form millions of different species of plants & animals. Eventually humans decided to deny reality.

El Correcto

god is dead
Some elements created themselves & EXPLODED one day filling space that didn't exist. Over billions of years water was formed from molten rocks. A single celled amoeba created itself & went on to form millions of different species of plants & animals. Eventually humans decided to deny reality.
Now you are starting to wake up and asking questions, even if they are sarcastically. I love a smart ass, now go watch a video on the Big Bang because no the elements didn’t come first, it’s much more interesting than that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes and you treat the work of flawed humans like it is a divine creation.

Okay let’s open the divine creators wisdom up to the first page. So apparently god doesn’t realize how a planet rotating on it’s axis causes days and that there was a sun before there was an earth.

Apparently god believes the sky is a dome and that there is water above it?? God sounding like a flat earther to me..

God thinks the waters are all in one place and that the bodies of water are just called “sea”? That sounds a little flat earther to me. God thinks there was plants alive on day three of the earth, that is just factually incorrect, not sure where god came to such a conclusion.

So the sun was created on day four along with the moon?? Apparently god doesn’t realize what a sun/star is and that light comes from them, that is flat earther tier logic..

Bro I can’t even make it through the first page of this nonsense without wanting to throw it out. This is utter horse :censored2:.
Ever consider that God’s day bears no resemblance to a human day?

Your purpose and perspective is to discredit. Your lack of humility is your undoing.

El Correcto

god is dead
Ever consider that God’s day bears no resemblance to a human day?

Your purpose and perspective is to discredit. Your lack of humility is your undoing.
Ever consider the book is just how humans historically viewed reality? Why did god think there was water above the “sky dome”? Maybe because it’s blue and water falls from it?

FromOffTheStreets

Now you are starting to wake up and asking questions, even if they are sarcastically. I love a smart ass, now go watch a video on the Big Bang because no the elements didn’t come first, it’s much more interesting than that.
I've already looked at "the world's" theories. I don't possess that kind of faith. In exactly the same way that you don't possess faith in the Biblical God. I recognize that not everyone will believe what I do & hopefully you recognize the same on your side.

El Correcto

god is dead
I've already looked at "the world's" theories. I don't possess that kind of faith. In exactly the same way that you don't possess faith in the Biblical God. I recognize that not everyone will believe what I do & hopefully you recognize the same on your side.
Well you clearly don’t understand them if you think the elements came first or maybe you just misspoke. There is room for god in there, but only in the gaps.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Well you clearly don’t understand them if you think the elements came first or maybe you just misspoke. There is room for god in there, but only in the gaps.
You clearly refuse to study how the Laws of Thermodynamics prove a Creator. Read the link I posted, and then get back to me.

FromOffTheStreets

It's been years ago & i generally just dump the things that are worthless to me. In the same way you've rejected what doesn't speak to you.
Look, they both take faith. We choose what we choose for various reasons

El Correcto

god is dead
You clearly refuse to study how the Laws of Thermodynamics prove a Creator. Read the link I posted, and then get back to me.
Let’s skip that and just say you are right the laws of thermodynamics prove a creator(they don’t) how do they prove a Christian creator. I’d like to see the rest of your argument.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m not trying to say your faith in a Christian god is wrong or that you are dumb for thinking intelligent design could be possible.

I’m just saying the Bible is wrong and isn’t the word of whatever created this.

El Correcto

god is dead
It's been years ago & i generally just dump the things that are worthless to me. In the same way you've rejected what doesn't speak to you.
Look, they both take faith. We choose what we choose for various reasons
My beliefs require faith in humanity, so do yours.
Your beliefs are probably wrong by all available information when it comes to certain things. You should discard those and stay questioning the rest as new information arises.

vantexan

My beliefs require faith in humanity, so do yours.
Your beliefs are probably wrong by all available information when it comes to certain things. You should discard those and stay questioning the rest as new information arises.
Trouble is that as new information arises, no matter who the person is or what they believe, if the new information doesn't jibe with their viewpoint they are highly likely to reject it. There is a reason I brought up Gilgamesh.

FromOffTheStreets

I’m just saying the Bible is wrong and isn’t the word of whatever created this.
How do you know this?
You don't, you believe in what moves you towards peace Within yourself. You don't find peace within the Bible because it condemns you so you look for things in the Bible that "don't make sense."
The problem is, everyone who has ever lived is condemned by the Bible. Some people accept that & seek reconciliation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. However this requires a denial of self. Others won't accept denial of self & seek peace outside of Jesus.

El Correcto

god is dead
How do you know this?
You don't, you believe in what moves you towards peace Within yourself. You don't find peace within the Bible because it condemns you so you look for things in the Bible that "don't make sense."
The problem is, everyone who has ever lived is condemned by the Bible. Some people accept that & seek reconciliation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. However this requires a denial of self. Others won't accept denial of self & seek peace outside of Jesus.
I think human beings are no different than anything else in reality. There is no free will as some people see it, but only as a quirk of our rationalization about reality. I agree these rationalizations are a very personal experience to each individual, but ultimately they are all predetermined, maybe by god or maybe not. We are just as predictable as a bullet fired, but require calculations far beyond our current understanding to determine where we will ultimately land. To me this life is just a ride I never asked to be on.

That’s my conclusion from my observations about this condition.

FromOffTheStreets

Your beliefs are probably wrong by all available information when it comes to certain things.
If they are wrong, so be it. I held things together and helped those around me to a better life. If it's right, eternity without sin, death & decay.
Pure "Religion" is actually a great thing if you can keep out the self righteous and hypocrites.