Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

FromOffTheStreets

I think human beings are no different than anything else in reality. There is no free will as some people see it, but only as a quirk of our rationalization about reality. I agree these rationalizations are a very personal experience to each individual, but ultimately they are all predetermined, maybe by god or maybe not. We are just as predictable as a bullet fired, but require calculations far beyond our current understanding to determine where we will ultimately land. To me this life is just a ride I never asked to be on.

That’s my conclusion from my observations about this condition.
So your a calvinist, just on the wrong side of the equation?

El Correcto

god is dead
So your a calvinist, just on the wrong side of the equation?
I guess calvinists would be a good comparison to determinism but I don’t know much about Calvinism other than they are real :censored2:s saying people will go to hell if they are meant to be there.

I don’t believe you are predetermined to go to an afterlife and I don’t know anything about what comes next.

FromOffTheStreets

I guess calvinists would be a good comparison to determinism but I don’t know much about Calvinism other than they are real :censored2:s saying people will go to hell if they are meant to be there.

I don’t believe you are predetermined to go to an afterlife and I don’t know anything about what comes next.
This goes towards the multitudes of denominations realm. Some calvinists would say that all are meant for hell but God chooses some not to go there for no reason. On the complete other side (Armenians) think that everything is free will, you choose everything & God stands outside wondering what you will do. Neither are necessarily right, yes pretty much every Bible character was "calvinistically" chosen by God to do something (Abraham, Moses, the 12 disciples, Paul, etc) but there is a call to each individual to repent & believe.

What comes next is...either you don't have a soul & you rot & return to dust or your soul meets the architect. You only find out when you die. So the question is...is this life a test for something greater beyond it or are we all just stardust?

El Correcto

god is dead
This goes towards the multitudes of denominations realm. Some calvinists would say that all are meant for hell but God chooses some not to go there for no reason. On the complete other side (Armenians) think that everything is free will, you choose everything & God stands outside wondering what you will do. Neither are necessarily right, yes pretty much every Bible character was "calvinistically" chosen by God to do something (Abraham, Moses, the 12 disciples, Paul, etc) but there is a call to each individual to repent & believe.

What comes next is...either you don't have a soul & you rot & return to dust or your soul meets the architect. You only find out when you die. So the question is...is this life a test for something greater beyond it or are we all just stardust?
I was kind of death obsessed when I was like 6 or something. It freaked me out for a week or two, but you get used to it. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to die, but once I do I doubt l’ll care.

bacha29

Doing my work for me? You're the one who has constantly made the claim that I only support programs that benefit me. So tell me which programs I'm against?

Biden put forth a nearly $7 trillion budget. Think maybe we could trim some fat off of that? Where do you draw the line? Can we spend whatever we like with no consequences? We've borrowed and printed our way to what us it now? Over $31 trillion in debt? And with the raising of interest rates we're now paying record amounts of interest to service that debt. At some point hard choices will have to be made. Reducing every program by a considerable amount is a very good first step. Better that than see the government collapse and no one gets anything. Or is that what you want?
"Trim some fat off of that" Perry has put his balls on the anvil with the simplest most factual most clearly defined , reduction in government spending to date. Whack 25% off everything except defense for at least the next decade.

Now do you support that or don't you. If you think it's going too far then how and where would you modify it?

Sure anybody can go around hollering "cut spending...cut spending"....as long as you believe that you'll be spared the unpleasant and potentially quality of life altering impacts of it.

bacha29

As evidenced by the Vatican's possible radical shakeup of Catholic practices and doctrines here's something that might put the current challenges into clearer prospective.

Now I told you guys a couple of weeks ago on another thread about the Pedophile Baptist Church. So this past Sunday just for fun I logged onto the PBC's live stream of the morning worship service. And honest folks this is no lie.

The preacher announced that come next Sunday any member or regular attendee who brought along with them a new never been there before person that member/attendee would be given an award for doing so.

Look, you can't make this stuff up. It's an undisputable fact. In a desperate search for new funding sources this church has in fact put a bounty on unrestricted free agent sinners. If that doesn't work I don't even want to think about what they might try next,

It really is a demographics issue combined with organized religion slowly but steadily losing it's grip on American society.

vantexan

"Trim some fat off of that" Perry has put his balls on the anvil with the simplest most factual most clearly defined , reduction in government spending to date. Whack 25% off everything except defense for at least the next decade.

Now do you support that or don't you. If you think it's going too far then how and where would you modify it?

Sure anybody can go around hollering "cut spending...cut spending"....as long as you believe that you'll be spared the unpleasant and potentially quality of life altering impacts of it.
First off the Biden budget proposal is dead in the water. $7 billion, seriously? You keep saying where do we draw the line but you never discuss the need to draw that line. That there's no choice but to cut anymore. Literally everything is open to cuts and people will have to learn to do without.

bacha29

First off the Biden budget proposal is dead in the water. $7 billion, seriously? You keep saying where do we draw the line but you never discuss the need to draw that line. That there's no choice but to cut anymore. Literally everything is open to cuts and people will have to learn to do without.
Does your "people" include you?

bacha29

You think I live the life of Reilly? It's your "people" who put us in this predicament.
Playing the victim card again. Now that is pure MAGA conservatism. I always thought that real conservatives prided themselves on their self reliance and functional independence.

vantexan

Playing the victim card again. Now that is pure MAGA conservatism. I always thought that real conservatives prided themselves on their self reliance and functional independence.
I could say the sky is blue and you'd say no it isn't. I just told you that everything should be looked at and reduced and you literally said I was dependent instead of self reliant. You however think the government should look for creative new ways to spend more and more.

bacha29

I could say the sky is blue and you'd say no it isn't. I just told you that everything should be looked at and reduced and you literally said I was dependent instead of self reliant. You however think the government should look for creative new ways to spend more and more.
I asked you to specifically state where you want to start cutting. You said "everything" .Perry's plan cut's EVERYTHING.... by 25% annually for a minimum of 10 years. Isn't this what you want?

And our "people" did not put you "people" in the situation you're in. The opportunities were there, some easier and more attractive than others but they were there. As with most opportunities they take time, patience labor, and perseverance. Trouble is some people get mad often for the pettiest of reasons and go storming off before those opportunities have a chance to fully develop and fulfill their potential.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not sure.

I watch both the Daily TV and Lakewood Online on YouTube .

Not sure about this.

Do you watch Lakewood Online as well?

LOL NO
They are all a money grab
I do like the Ol boy that looks like he’s pissed off and possessed while raising millions for a new airplane
Just what Jesus wanted from him
SMH

vantexan

I asked you to specifically state where you want to start cutting. You said "everything" .Perry's plan cut's EVERYTHING.... by 25% annually for a minimum of 10 years. Isn't this what you want?

And our "people" did not put you "people" in the situation you're in. The opportunities were there, some easier and more attractive than others but they were there. As with most opportunities they take time, patience labor, and perseverance. Trouble is some people get mad often for the pettiest of reasons and go storming off before those opportunities have a chance to fully develop and fulfill their potential.
Hundreds of billions in pork, not to mention all the waste and fraud, happen every year. Even you should be able to figure that out.

bacha29

Hundreds of billions in pork, not to mention all the waste and fraud, happen every year. Even you should be able to figure that out.
You're deflecting again. We have the GAO, the OIG, OMB and others who's job it is to keep tabs on the public coffers.

The problem is MAGA media. They get the MAGA's all riled up, getting them to believe that they are being wronged, being treated unfairly, that they they are the victims of some grand conspiracy, that the government is overspending. Yada, yada, yada.

But every time a MAGA starts on me waving their victim cards in front of me, I simply as them what specific line item in the federal budget do they want cut or eliminated....Shuts them up every damn time because they don't know and many fail to realize that a 25% across the board cut would have a very harsh impact on entitlements including the ones many of them are living on.

So tell me something....what does all this have to do with rumors of a major shift in Roman Catholic ideology and the growing difficulties in filling up pews and collection plates?

vantexan

You're deflecting again. We have the GAO, the OIG, OMB and others who's job it is to keep tabs on the public coffers.

The problem is MAGA media. They get the MAGA's all riled up, getting them to believe that they are being wronged, being treated unfairly, that they they are the victims of some grand conspiracy, that the government is overspending. Yada, yada, yada.

But every time a MAGA starts on me waving their victim cards in front of me, I simply as them what specific line item in the federal budget do they want cut or eliminated....Shuts them up every damn time because they don't know and many fail to realize that a 25% across the board cut would have a very harsh impact on entitlements including the ones many of them are living on.

So tell me something....what does all this have to do with rumors of a major shift in Roman Catholic ideology and the growing difficulties in filling up pews and collection plates?
You started it. Hundreds of billions in pork, etc, and you want to change the subject. Who's deflecting again?