Positive coronavirus test at hub

MattM

Does anyone know if western region 177 healthcare will pay for a covid test ?

My area has free testing but you need serious symptoms. can a primary care physician do a test and charge my healthcare whatever?

I feel they would treat it as elective testing and want to charge me thousands after the fact.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

My area has free testing but you need serious symptoms. can a primary care physician do a test and charge my healthcare whatever?

I feel they would treat it as elective testing and want to charge me thousands after the fact.
Legislation recently passed requires health insurance to cover the test free of charge.

That being said, a test was only created 2 months ago, so we obviously don't have 330 million of them. If you're not showing serious symptoms you don't need to be tested.

542thruNthru

FullSizeR(2).jpg

542thruNthru

What's funny is I posted a thread about this and you were the first to respond with....
That tells me very little
do we still need a punch a week to maintain insurance?
If these new guys self quarantine, and have no benefits or PTO, their insurance lapses
I guess it’s nice that they’ll cover all covid tests at any and all places. They have free testing sites where I’m at. But those fill up fast. It seems ideal to let the insurance pay and cover the cost done elsewhere.

Is a telehealth diagnosis good enough for a PTO quarantine?

SMH lol

MattM

What's funny is I posted a thread about this and you were the first to respond with....

SMH lol
Will re read. It just hit our building. So I guess I’m taking it more serious now. My minds in a weird place. I worked close to the guy.

thanks for not being a total ass. I deserve it.
Long road ahead for a building our size to be dealing with this virus crap.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Will re read. It just hit our building. So I guess I’m taking it more serious now. My minds in a weird place. I worked close to the guy.

thanks for not being a total ass. I deserve it.
Long road ahead for a building our size to be dealing with this virus crap.
Turn off your TV and take a chill pill.

Son of ORION

So that's the :censored2:ing way this company take care of their employees?, just finished a brief conversation with an HR representative, trying to get some information about the emergency paid leave for COVID-19, I got a doctor's note to self quarantine for two weeks cuz I have fever besides other symptoms and got negative on a flu test now this HR guy told me that a doctor's note it's not enough to get access to EPL that I need to get tested and be positive for this :censored2: ....well I guess one more time UPS and The Union show what are their really priorities during these difficult times

542thruNthru

So that's the :censored2:ing way this company take care of their employees?, just finished a brief conversation with an HR representative, trying to get some information about the emergency paid leave for COVID-19, I got a doctor's note to self quarantine for two weeks cuz I have fever besides other symptoms and got negative on a flu test now this HR guy told me that a doctor's note it's not enough to get access to EPL that I need to get tested and be positive for this :censored2: ....well I guess one more time UPS and The Union show what are their really priorities during these difficult times

HR person is wrong.
sketch-1584992511108.jpg

Stop bashing the union and educate yourself before believing some low paid HR idiot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For the time being you should immediately file for unemployment. This may vary for your state but in NY they are waiving the 7 day waiting period. Once you have done that, I would follow up with your management team as you are entitled to the 10 days of paid sick leave.

Do you have any personal time built up?

Son of ORION

For the time being you should immediately file for unemployment. This may vary for your state but in NY they are waiving the 7 day waiting period. Once you have done that, I would follow up with your management team as you are entitled to the 10 days of paid sick leave.

Do you have any personal time built up?
No personal time, just the two options days that I am entitled for this year. I was hired last summer, so basically I'm in the woods with PTO and all that stuff, that's why I'm worrying about missing days whitout the respective justification.