Possible Sup shorting time

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by pbpa1225, Jan 5, 2019.

1. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Did you change your start time in your diad?

Ask to see your time card for Saturday on Monday. Make sure it says the correct punch in, punch out and breaks.

If the time card is still wrong then have a conversation with supervisor and steward in same room. Remind him you started early. It’ll get fixed.

2. brownIEman

brownIEman Well-Known Member

You have to change both the scheduled start and punch in time in this instance. If you put a punch in time of 9, but scheduled start is 930, the system will start paying at 930.

Seen it many times. A good sup will review the cards in GTS before payroll closes, especially if he offered people the choice to start early if they want. If he does not get to it immediately, it does not mean he's trying to steal your time, although I get that it makes for a euphoric righteousness rush to view 'others' in an evil light like that. Carry on.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Fireable offense if you send the right letter to the right person.

4. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Why not file a grievance ?

5. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Probably in a "quid pro quo" local....I know what it's like.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. BigUnionGuy

Any Local Union that does that, is owned by the UPS labor person.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Like where....I come from. Wait- this isn't possible according to you. It must be the fault of the membership- not the leaders of the local. Lol.

8. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

sounds like a miscommunication between the OMS and ORS

there is no incentive for an ORS to make that small of a change

9. purehavanne

purehavanne Active Member

I’m surprised how many people are giving management the benefit of the doubt. THEY’RE STEALING FROM YOU.

Happens to me all the time but I never file. I just play dumb. I “recover” my 30 minutes back. Extra 15 minutes of AM time “validating” my air. And when I’m done for the day I drive very “cautiously” back to the building and VIOLA! I’ve got my 30 minutes back.

Play their game bro. This is chess not checkers.

10. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

Don't do what this idiot does.

If you know they are stealing time, and you don't say anything, you deserve everything you get. You're a dip:censored2: if you have to waste YOUR time everyday getting the time back, and you don't say anything.

This is some of the dumbest :censored2: I've read here in a while.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You didn't recover anything. You stayed on the clock. That's not recovering your lost wages. That's 30min you could have spent at home or the bar. Instead you let UPS beat you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

Confront the sup first, give them the opportunity to fix it and / or atleast explain it. Notify other drivers to check their timecards. If necessary then file a grievance.

13. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

It sounds like you're covering for what we already know is wage theft taking place in every hub. It's intentional. Don't kid yourself for one second.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

Yes, there is. They do it 15 minutes at a time across many employees and it adds up towards meeting budget or making the figures for that day. If every UPS worker recovered all the time stolen since the day they were hired they could buy a new car with cash. You know who's doing it at your center. It's usually more than one person in management. Confront them aggressively and NEVER believe them when they say they'll add it to your next check. If you fall for this crap, you're a retard and probably owe the company 30 minutes a day in head-scratching fees.

15. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

Record your time at the end of the week it is not corrected file a grievance. It is pretty simple.

16. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

15min per person would be pretty noticeable for IE to come and fire them.....

17. purehavanne

purehavanne Active Member

Lol ok Rambo. I’ll take my 30 in OT

18. brownIEman

brownIEman Well-Known Member

Not covering for anything. I understand how the system works and was explaining it. How much experience do you have approving timecards?
    But, carry on great warrior for justice! Fight the good fight always against the evil corporate Toadies with nefarious scheming hearts, every single one!
    Carry on, them wind mills ain't going to tilt themselves.

19. BigUnionGuy

In other words:

You "know" the company is shorting you on time.

But, you don't have the gut's to "call them out" by filing a grievance.

And then, turn around and do the same thing to them ?

You're one slick operator.... this has never been before.

-Bug-

20. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

This is a slam dunk grievance as you have described it.
    If this was done across the entire driver group, even my BAs could win the grievance and a Wage and Hour complaint.

Art 12 National Master language seems pretty clear to me???

~The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time, without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a copy of the PTE edits for each day. No super- visor shall use a DIAD, or any other information recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless the employee is present. This includes for the pur- pose of training and demonstration.~