Possible Sup shorting time

RolloTony Brown Town

Sup decided to flex start Saturday drivers from 9:30 to 9:00. Upon punching out and checking time card approx 1 hour later, I noticed that the time reflected at 9:30 start time, this shorting the drivers by 1/2 hr. Thoughts on course of action?

Did you change your start time in your diad?

Ask to see your time card for Saturday on Monday. Make sure it says the correct punch in, punch out and breaks.

If the time card is still wrong then have a conversation with supervisor and steward in same room. Remind him you started early. It’ll get fixed.

brownIEman

You have to change both the scheduled start and punch in time in this instance. If you put a punch in time of 9, but scheduled start is 930, the system will start paying at 930.

Seen it many times. A good sup will review the cards in GTS before payroll closes, especially if he offered people the choice to start early if they want. If he does not get to it immediately, it does not mean he's trying to steal your time, although I get that it makes for a euphoric righteousness rush to view 'others' in an evil light like that. Carry on.

purehavanne

I’m surprised how many people are giving management the benefit of the doubt. THEY’RE STEALING FROM YOU.

Happens to me all the time but I never file. I just play dumb. I “recover” my 30 minutes back. Extra 15 minutes of AM time “validating” my air. And when I’m done for the day I drive very “cautiously” back to the building and VIOLA! I’ve got my 30 minutes back.

Play their game bro. This is chess not checkers.

Skooney

I’m surprised how many people are giving management the benefit of the doubt. THEY’RE STEALING FROM YOU.

Happens to me all the time but I never file. I just play dumb. I “recover” my 30 minutes back. Extra 15 minutes of AM time “validating” my air. And when I’m done for the day I drive very “cautiously” back to the building and VIOLA! I’ve got my 30 minutes back.

Don't do what this idiot does.

If you know they are stealing time, and you don't say anything, you deserve everything you get. You're a dip:censored2: if you have to waste YOUR time everyday getting the time back, and you don't say anything.

This is some of the dumbest :censored2: I've read here in a while.

542thruNthru

You didn't recover anything. You stayed on the clock. That's not recovering your lost wages. That's 30min you could have spent at home or the bar. Instead you let UPS beat you.

SameRightsForAll

You have to change both the scheduled start and punch in time in this instance. If you put a punch in time of 9, but scheduled start is 930, the system will start paying at 930.

Seen it many times. A good sup will review the cards in GTS before payroll closes, especially if he offered people the choice to start early if they want. If he does not get to it immediately, it does not mean he's trying to steal your time, although I get that it makes for a euphoric righteousness rush to view 'others' in an evil light like that. Carry on.

It sounds like you're covering for what we already know is wage theft taking place in every hub. It's intentional. Don't kid yourself for one second.

SameRightsForAll

sounds like a miscommunication between the OMS and ORS

there is no incentive for an ORS to make that small of a change

Yes, there is. They do it 15 minutes at a time across many employees and it adds up towards meeting budget or making the figures for that day. If every UPS worker recovered all the time stolen since the day they were hired they could buy a new car with cash. You know who's doing it at your center. It's usually more than one person in management. Confront them aggressively and NEVER believe them when they say they'll add it to your next check. If you fall for this crap, you're a :censored2: and probably owe the company 30 minutes a day in head-scratching fees.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I am a full time driver. I was trying more to seek thoughts from other drivers on the situation as I did confront the sup. He feed the standard “I have not fully reviewed the times” line.

One should not be considered weak for looking to their peers for guidance and if one sup is doing it then chances are other lemmings are as well and maybe another driver is too scared to ask the question. I plan on discussing with center manager and steward and dealing with this on Monday.

To answer another question, I am very capable of adjusting not only my start time accordingly within my DIAD, as well as adding my safety time and break and lunch properly. Thus this is what raised my concern when reviewing my time yesterday. I am more concerned with my fellow younger, more inexperienced drivers who do not have a clue as to their time and rely on the sups to properly take care of them.
Record your time at the end of the week it is not corrected file a grievance. It is pretty simple.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yes, there is. They do it 15 minutes at a time across many employees and it adds up towards meeting budget or making the figures for that day. If every UPS worker recovered all the time stolen since the day they were hired they could buy a new car with cash. You know who's doing it at your center. It's usually more than one person in management. Confront them aggressively and NEVER believe them when they say they'll add it to your next check. If you fall for this crap, you're a :censored2: and probably owe the company 30 minutes a day in head-scratching fees.
15min per person would be pretty noticeable for IE to come and fire them.....

purehavanne

Don't do what this idiot does.

If you know they are stealing time, and you don't say anything, you deserve everything you get. You're a dip:censored2: if you have to waste YOUR time everyday getting the time back, and you don't say anything.

This is some of the dumbest :censored2: I've read here in a while.

Lol ok Rambo. I’ll take my 30 in OT

brownIEman

It sounds like you're covering for what we already know is wage theft taking place in every hub. It's intentional. Don't kid yourself for one second.

Not covering for anything. I understand how the system works and was explaining it. How much experience do you have approving timecards?
But, carry on great warrior for justice! Fight the good fight always against the evil corporate Toadies with nefarious scheming hearts, every single one!
Carry on, them wind mills ain't going to tilt themselves.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

In other words:

You "know" the company is shorting you on time.

But, you don't have the gut's to "call them out" by filing a grievance.

And then, turn around and do the same thing to them ?

You're one slick operator.... this has never been before.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sup decided to flex start Saturday drivers from 9:30 to 9:00. Upon punching out and checking time card approx 1 hour later, I noticed that the time reflected at 9:30 start time, this shorting the drivers by 1/2 hr. Thoughts on course of action?
I am a full time driver. I was trying more to seek thoughts from other drivers on the situation as I did confront the sup. He feed the standard “I have not fully reviewed the times” line.

One should not be considered weak for looking to their peers for guidance and if one sup is doing it then chances are other lemmings are as well and maybe another driver is too scared to ask the question. I plan on discussing with center manager and steward and dealing with this on Monday.

To answer another question, I am very capable of adjusting not only my start time accordingly within my DIAD, as well as adding my safety time and break and lunch properly. Thus this is what raised my concern when reviewing my time yesterday. I am more concerned with my fellow younger, more inexperienced drivers who do not have a clue as to their time and rely on the sups to properly take care of them.
This is a slam dunk grievance as you have described it.
If this was done across the entire driver group, even my BAs could win the grievance and a Wage and Hour complaint.

Art 12 National Master language seems pretty clear to me???

~The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time, without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a copy of the PTE edits for each day. No super- visor shall use a DIAD, or any other information recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless the employee is present. This includes for the pur- pose of training and demonstration.~