Possible termination?

kevw45

I got sent home at the end of the day yesterday because of an incident I was involved in with a Taco Bell manager at a Taco Bell restaurant I visited on my lunch, and the manager reported me to UPS. I not sure yet what exactly was said, but the report, in my opinion, was filed against me because the manager of Taco Bell refused to take responsibility for my upset nature as there customer, from poor service that caused me to burn my mouth, and instead, decided to try to get revenge on me for, I assume, personal embarrassment I caused him. Did I raise my voice, yes. Did I curse, yes a little, but never dropped one friend-bomb at the manager or his staff as I suspect he's claiming. Furthermore, I have frequent arguments with the ORS and dispatch already. I'm very disliked there, from what I can tell, because I stand up for myself and challenge their methods of trying to get things done, which often causes me to be overloaded with work I can't complete on time. Any light to be shed on the subject is well appreciated in considering if I should just expect to get fired, suspended, ect. If firing is a real possibility, what would the probably be of getting my job back through Union representation, thanks.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I got sent home at the end of the day yesterday because of an incident I was involved in with a Taco Bell manager at a Taco Bell restaurant I visited on my lunch, and the manager reported me to UPS. I not sure yet what exactly was said, but the report, in my opinion, was filed against me because the manager of Taco Bell refused to take responsibility for my upset nature as there customer, from poor service that caused me to burn my mouth, and instead, decided to try to get revenge on me for, I assume, personal embarrassment I caused him. Did I raise my voice, yes. Did I curse, yes a little, but never dropped one friend-bomb at the manager or his staff as I suspect he's claiming. Furthermore, I have frequent arguments with the ORS and dispatch already. I'm very disliked there, from what I can tell, because I stand up for myself and challenge their methods of trying to get things done, which often causes me to be overloaded with work I can't complete on time. Any light to be shed on the subject is well appreciated in considering if I should just expect to get fired, suspended, ect. If firing is a real possibility, what would the probably be of getting my job back through Union representation, thanks.
Don't sweat it, you were on lunch. The worst that will happen is you will have little talk with you center manager.

Did you have a steward present when you got sent home?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you use foul language to a customer while wearing browns it doesn't matter very much whether you were on break or not. I doubt you will get terminated unless there is more to the story but don't be surprised if you get a warning letter. No matter how badly a customer is behaving you generally have to just keep your mouth shut.

Brisket

Um, so you went in (in full uniform), knowing full well that you should not have engaged in a verbal altercation ( cursing, in FULL uniform ) drawing attention to yourself because you burned your mouth?

And you wonder what the last thing the manager saw when you went off ?

Answer: THE UNIFORM !

Geez! And you wonder why they say to act accordingly while in the public eye!

You wouldn't want someone in a company uniform coming up to your door acting that way would you?

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you use foul language to a customer while wearing browns it doesn't matter very much whether you were on break or not. I doubt you will get terminated unless there is more to the story but don't be surprised if you get a warning letter. No matter how badly a customer is behaving you generally have to just keep your mouth shut.
Warning letter before a verbal warning? That's not correct per the contract.

kevw45

Did you have a steward present when you got sent home?
It was a unique situation... I was running a 90% bussiness 10% resi route, and dispatch kept sending on demand pick-ups which the last one resulted in me becoming late. I was "instructed" to return to the building, load the rest of my resi's on another truck, and go back out and finish. Upon returning, my supervisor immediately just took it upon himself to take the clerk scanner and start scanning my remaining packages, objected to my request to allow me to finish my job. The mentioning of the incident at taco bell happened simultaneously. My supervisor didn't reveal why he wouldn't let me go back out, he just allowed me to go home. I'm not sure if that's the same as getting sent home, but it felt a lot like it was. This was after 8pm, no steward in the building.

oldngray

nowhere special
Warning letter before a verbal warning? That's not correct per the contract.

lol. They are supposed to use progressive discipline but they can still get away with passing out warning letters like party favors. He will certainly have a complaint in his file over the incident. I couldn't count how many customer complaints I had in my file (though most were things beyond my control - not at fault but still goes in your file). I did have several rude because they didn't like my attitude (generally because I didn't have time to wait around and listen to them) but not once was for language.

It was a unique situation... I was running a 90% bussiness 10% resi route, and dispatch kept sending on demand pick-ups which the last one resulted in me becoming late. I was "instructed" to return to the building, load the rest of my resi's on another truck, and go back out and finish. Upon returning, my supervisor immediately just took it upon himself to take the clerk scanner and start scanning my remaining packages, objected to my request to allow me to finish my job. The mentioning of the incident at taco bell happened simultaneously. My supervisor didn't reveal why he wouldn't let me go back out, he just allowed me to go home. I'm not sure if that's the same as getting sent home, but it felt a lot like it was. This was after 8pm, no steward in the building.
Was you in violation of your DOT hours?

Rack em

Made the Podium
lol. They are supposed to use progressive discipline but they can still get away with passing out warning letters like party favors. He will certainly have a complaint in his file over the incident. I couldn't count how many customer complaints I had in my file (though most were things beyond my control). I did have several rude because they didn't like my attitude (generally because I didn't have time to wait around and listen to them) but not once was for language.
I myself am quite proud of the amount of complaints I have received. I had a customer complaint once because I used the wrong gate! When the guy met he told me not to use the east gate and I shrugged it off like it was no big deal because it wasn't, and boom complaint lol.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I myself am quite proud of the amount of complaints I have received. I had a customer complaint once because I used the wrong gate! When the guy met he told me not to use the east gate and I shrugged it off like it was no big deal because it wasn't, and boom complaint lol.
Had a guy on my route tell me where I could turn around in his yard evidently he didn't tell his wife and she called in on me now I walk that driveway .

oldngray

nowhere special

I had a lot of stuff like non consecutive delivery attempts. The customer is home waiting for their package on the second day and are mad because I never showed up. Didn't matter the package wasn't on my truck that day.