Possible theory on new 9.5 Rule

BUCN85

Could this whole new nobody over 9.5 rule be a ploy to make some drivers suffer to see what it’s like to not have OT so when the new contract does finally get put into place less drivers will want to opt on the 9.5 list. Just a thought.

542thruNthru

Could this whole new nobody over 9.5 rule be a ploy to make some drivers suffer to see what it’s like to not have OT so when the new contract does finally get put into place less drivers will want to opt on the 9.5 list. Just a thought.

If that's it, then it's a expensive way of teaching drivers a lesson

Last edited:

542thruNthru

It is the UPS way to step over a dollar to pick up a dime

It's possible. Though people have short memories and can get on the list at anytime. So I don't see it as a good plan.

I think it's UPS knows their service is starting to affect business. To many areas have air problems and transit issues. On time network didn't work so they are trying a more drastic approach.

JustDeliverIt

I think it is them trying to see what it will take, bodies wise, for once it is implemented. I also don't think it is to make drivers suffer, we wanted less OT and made it a priority in negotiations.
Some want it, most don't (at least where I am). Now we are just getting an idea of what it will be like (and hopefully stay this way). But I've also never seen this company stick with a new idea for very long. Just have to wait and see how it plays out.

bumped

My center manager came up to each person individually and asked how many hour they really wanted. For the people that wanted the hours he has given them the hours. For those of us that don't want the overtime hours (that's me), we don't get them. The catch was that a person could ask to be light on a certain day. That's what the 8 hour are for.

So, we have a dozen or so drivers that want the OT and they get it. Many of the people like me don't get the hours and enjoy being off at a reasonable time. The only ones pissed off are the people that want only the certain stops in a certain area to maximize their bonus. For the most part, my building has been pretty happy with the hours issue.