Possible to be rehired again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not so. Please quote me. Again, in my experience, I have never seen the folks I worked with(who quit)......rehired.
If you were to say 30 years ago I would agree with you but their rehire policy has been getting better especially when they can’t get anyone to work here and they are competing with Amazon, target, macys, etc fir the same bodies. And I believe things are going to get worse as time goes on.

qdg2

Lol... Every place I've ever worked had rampant nepotism.
When they changed the rules......a flood of clandestine relationships were revealed. Predictably.......Parents and their Son's and Daughter's actually worked with/for each other. Dating in the office with Mgt. and hourly very common. Marriages.....pregancies...with predictable results.....like rapid promotions.....special treatment etc. Some cases blatant and very openly. A lot of these folks were bangin on the down low......lot's of long hours overnight's.....

qdg2

If you were to say 30 years ago I would agree with you but their rehire policy has been getting better especially when they can’t get anyone to work here and they are competing with Amazon, target, macys, etc fir the same bodies. And I believe things are going to get worse as time goes on.
30? More like a couple. Most would agree to the Pandemic as reference. Adding in the tat rule/beards elimination and Nepotism stuff. 3-5 years. I've only been retired a year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
..., is it even possible to be rehired after leaving UPS?

Is there any hope in coming back now? I know some of you are going to flame me for even leaving a job with such good benefits...
giTdaY79ihbz.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Is it really the case though? I tried re-applying many times last month and i've always get this response

I can only assume there isn't any spots open, more so that it's currently peak season and everybody is trying to get that sweet 21-23 dollar hour pay. But who even knows. The fact that i can't even get a supervisor to reply me back makes me feel like my profile picture...
Sounds like you made the no rehire list.

The only person able to remove a name from that is the manager that put you in it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Not so. Please quote me. Again, in my experience, I have never seen the folks I worked with(who quit)......rehired.
I’ve seen it half a dozen times, at least.

Maybe feeder drivers wouldn’t be as likely to know the goings on inside the building with the part timers.

qdg2

Maybe feeder drivers wouldn’t be as likely to know the goings on inside the building with the part timers.
6? Wow. Maybe. 250 feeder drivers....never saw one rehired....or pkg....and even pt when I was one.......but hey....6.

Nah
6? Wow. Maybe. 250 feeder drivers....never saw one rehired....or pkg....and even pt when I was one.......but hey....6.
The only people I've never seen rehired were the ones who were fired or walked out mid sort.

Hell, I've seen a guy no call no show for 3 weeks and his FT sup said he could just come back in if he wants.

It happens.

Thebrownblob

The same individual thinks everyone besides him is corrupt, Lazy or bully. Kind of what happens when you sit in the cab of a feeder truck and talk to yourself for years.

qdg2

The only people I've never seen rehired were the ones who were fired or walked out mid sort.

Hell, I've seen a guy no call no show for 3 weeks and his FT sup said he could just come back in if he wants.

It happens.
Sure does......just not often. There are enough new candidates to staff. Now, didn't say it is efficient or the best method......and desperate people do desperate things. Mainly because UPS doesn't want to pay for the rehire/retrain/admin cost process. This is why there aren't transfers.....feeder to mechanic for example. Yet, FEDX/Amazon have these transfer programs.....and are highly coveted.

I have heard Amazon fires with extreme prejudice.......and at the drop of a hat.

qdg2

Guess it's not all that useless if it's required to get a better paying job...
Yet, why would anyone get a useless anything? And especially pay for it and spend precious time?

Yet, many business's require degrees for advancement or hire. Not really mattering in what but just a degree.....why? Becoming a military pilot and officer is a good example. Wondering why having a degree in for example: black lesbian dance theory(with a minor in braiding) would give you some sort of advanced qualification? To satisfy the racist claims......how about white lesbian/trans tattooing with a minor in piercing?

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yet, why would anyone get a useless anything? And especially pay for it and spend precious time?

Yet, many business's require degrees for advancement or hire. Not really mattering in what but just a degree.....why? Becoming a military pilot and officer is a good example. Wondering why having a degree in for example: black lesbian dance theory(with a minor in braiding) would give you some sort of advanced qualification?
I like black lesbians!

Status
Not open for further replies.