Possible to be rehired again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldwide

Yet, why would anyone get a useless anything? And especially pay for it and spend precious time?

Yet, many business's require degrees for advancement or hire. Not really mattering in what but just a degree.....why? Becoming a military pilot and officer is a good example. Wondering why having a degree in for example: black lesbian dance theory(with a minor in braiding) would give you some sort of advanced qualification? To satisfy the racist claims......how about white lesbian/trans tattooing with a minor in piercing?
The point is that some jobs require a degree. Their company, their rules. If you want that particular job, you play by their rules.

It's true that military pilots are required to have a Bachelors degree and it certainly does matter what the degree is in. For other employers it may not matter as much, but the military is a different discussion. You need knowledge of theory of flight, air navigation, meteorology, flying directives, aircraft operating procedures and mission tactics. You need to have completed Officer Training School (OTS), attended the Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC). You will not be earning a frivolous degree on your path to fly in the military.

You certainly don't need a degree to have a well-paying job, but for certain careers, it's required, regardless of what you think of it's worth.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I used to work for UPS for about 2 years until i had quit sometime this year around March, though i did give my supervisors a 2 weeks notice prior to quitting. That being said, is it even possible to be rehired after leaving UPS? Only reason i left was the fact my wage got lowered by a dollar, and considering the seniority i had, i suspected I'd get a permanent raise, but didn't turn out to be the case. Plus i was being harassed constantly by a specific supervisor. The job got intolerable for a bit, so i left in the hopes of finding a better job, only to not find one after months on end. Tried reapplying later this year and all i got was "At this time, we have decided not to move forward with your application." I tried contacting one of the supervisors i had worked in but i've gotten no response yet.

Is there any hope in coming back now? I know some of you are going to flame me for even leaving a job with such good benefits, but considering i only live 15 minutes away from that jobsite, plus it did help me get in shape, i don't know whether or not I'll ever come back... Plus I'm willing to work 40-50 hours doing back breaking work, more so that I'm currently in debt because of current life events...
1701394186985.png

Brownwind

The point is that some jobs require a degree. Their company, their rules. If you want that particular job, you play by their rules.

It's true that military pilots are required to have a Bachelors degree and it certainly does matter what the degree is in. For other employers it may not matter as much, but the military is a different discussion. You need knowledge of theory of flight, air navigation, meteorology, flying directives, aircraft operating procedures and mission tactics. You need to have completed Officer Training School (OTS), attended the Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC). You will not be earning a frivolous degree on your path to fly in the military.

You certainly don't need a degree to have a well-paying job, but for certain careers, it's required, regardless of what you think of it's worth.
Just checking. Are you from Colorado Springs area?

Very knowledgeable

I used to work for UPS for about 2 years until i had quit sometime this year around March, though i did give my supervisors a 2 weeks notice prior to quitting. That being said, is it even possible to be rehired after leaving UPS? Only reason i left was the fact my wage got lowered by a dollar, and considering the seniority i had, i suspected I'd get a permanent raise, but didn't turn out to be the case. Plus i was being harassed constantly by a specific supervisor. The job got intolerable for a bit, so i left in the hopes of finding a better job, only to not find one after months on end. Tried reapplying later this year and all i got was "At this time, we have decided not to move forward with your application." I tried contacting one of the supervisors i had worked in but i've gotten no response yet.

Is there any hope in coming back now? I know some of you are going to flame me for even leaving a job with such good benefits, but considering i only live 15 minutes away from that jobsite, plus it did help me get in shape, i don't know whether or not I'll ever come back... Plus I'm willing to work 40-50 hours doing back breaking work, more so that I'm currently in debt because of current life events...
Screenshot_20231130-210811.png

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't listen to him.
Not sure why he correlates everybody dogging on him to everybody is jealous. It probably has nothing to do with….
Hate
Jealousy
“…”
“….”
Shrugs
More punctuation…
And even more punctuation
Sigh
So strange
His posts are actually not easy to read.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well he hit the nail on the head when it comes to me!
At least you have some hottie secretaries to flirt with. We have to listen to the same regurgitated bs every night from our headsets. Starting to think 1/2 of the feeder news network information is made up.

qdg2

Oh? All the military stuff and flying comes after you join. Many having never piloted an airplane. Most candidates selected not going to AFA, don't have aeronautics degrees. Couple I know have accounting, BA's and finance. A family Naval Captain 4 striper has a degree in Divinity....a Chaplain. He turned down Admiral. I will say most of the folks....military officers were certainly bright and intelligent. Yet, many were just like the rest of us with all the challenges life sends.

I am a big fan of our military. I buy their meals often.

qdg2

Not sure why he correlates everybody dogging on him to everybody is jealous. It probably has nothing to do with….
Hate
Jealousy
“…”
“….”
Shrugs
More punctuation…
And even more punctuation
Sigh
So strange
His posts are actually not easy to read.
Well the dogging is about things I've done and have. Because y'all don't have any and haven't done. Shrugs. You see such in children and dysfunctional adults. Just part of the human condition. In Biblical terms: covet.
Say, when you belittle and personally attack, "dogging" someone.....it's not hateful? If not, what is it? Serious question.

So strange (punctuation).

Status
Not open for further replies.