Possibly returning

I used to work for UPS a few years back and ended my career is a PT Dispatch Supervisor. My wife is pregnant and I'm looking to pick up a second job and some extra cash so I figured I'll apply again as a "air ramp - cargo person" at the Ontario, CA hub in the airport I believe for the 2pm - 8:30pm slot.

I'm curious if anyone on here is from this hub and give me some insight on how it is. I originally worked in the Meadowlands Hub in NJ. Used to do the sort isle stuff, and surepost. No clue how the air ramp stuff goes. I just hope I don't get placed in a unload/loading trucks (definitely won't survive). I hear Air Ramp is suppose to be the easiest job at UPS, is it true? Does UPS still cut hours? Does the union still guarantee 3 hours or work? I heard they are desperately looking and peak is coming up soon. I go in tomorrow to do fingerprints/back ground check. Never thought I'll be back.

Also I heard that if you were formerly a PT Supe you can't get hired back in the union. Is this true?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The company decides and we don't bar or even really have the authority to decide who can do union work ourselves.
You are correct in that they will want to rehire managers as managers. Generally.

Do you feel guilty.... for treating Union members.... the way you did ?
I like to think I was a fair and just PT Supe. I didn't yell and I didn't really care as long as people didn't get hurt or jerked around too much. People called out, I was okay with it. People had to leave early, I tried my best to make it work. I would get yelled at a lot by my FT Supe for being to lax and "lazy" as some of my co-workers would call it. At the end I would remind my FT Supe that I am not allowed to touch packages.

I'm not sorry for letting :censored2: get messed up for that one dude who would come back from break 5-10 minutes late. I'll let all his stuff pile up and fall.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Glutton for punishment?

80951ED2-685D-42DE-80CF-B8657990881A.jpeg

So I went in today. In and out. Did my finger prints and they processed my background check. New Hire orientation is on the 25th. Guess I'm in. Hoping my supe isn't an ass. I have a plan trip Thanksgiving weekend, and since I work another job full time I won't be able to come in earlier or stay late all the time when peak rolls in. This'll be interesting.

So I went in today. In and out. Did my finger prints and they processed my background check. New Hire orientation is on the 25th. Guess I'm in. Hoping my supe isn't an ass. I have a plan trip Thanksgiving weekend, and since I work another job full time I won't be able to come in earlier or stay late all the time when peak rolls in. This'll be interesting.
Are you smoking crack?