Possibly returning

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I used to work for UPS a few years back and ended my career is a PT Dispatch Supervisor. My wife is pregnant and I'm looking to pick up a second job and some extra cash so I figured I'll apply again as a "air ramp - cargo person" at the Ontario, CA hub in the airport I believe for the 2pm - 8:30pm slot.

I'm curious if anyone on here is from this hub and give me some insight on how it is. I originally worked in the Meadowlands Hub in NJ. Used to do the sort isle stuff, and surepost. No clue how the air ramp stuff goes. I just hope I don't get placed in a unload/loading trucks (definitely won't survive). I hear Air Ramp is suppose to be the easiest job at UPS, is it true? Does UPS still cut hours? Does the union still guarantee 3 hours or work? I heard they are desperately looking and peak is coming up soon. I go in tomorrow to do fingerprints/back ground check. Never thought I'll be back.

Also I heard that if you were formerly a PT Supe you can't get hired back in the union. Is this true?
Seeeeeeee!!!

See this right here.

Wife gets knocked up and now gotta get a second job.

Screw that noise.

Going to keep slipping these birth control pills in the ol lady's orange juice every morning!

Sheeeesh

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So I went in today. In and out. Did my finger prints and they processed my background check. New Hire orientation is on the 25th. Guess I'm in. Hoping my supe isn't an ass. I have a plan trip Thanksgiving weekend, and since I work another job full time I won't be able to come in earlier or stay late all the time when peak rolls in. This'll be interesting.
You’re toast
✊🧔

Karma...

ups will be happy to have you......be more than fair and do your job.......most of both the union and management are great people ...dont encourage the ones who are bullies. stay and be cool....welcome back

tadpole

I used to work for UPS a few years back and ended my career is a PT Dispatch Supervisor. My wife is pregnant and I'm looking to pick up a second job and some extra cash so I figured I'll apply again as a "air ramp - cargo person" at the Ontario, CA hub in the airport I believe for the 2pm - 8:30pm slot.

I'm curious if anyone on here is from this hub and give me some insight on how it is. I originally worked in the Meadowlands Hub in NJ. Used to do the sort isle stuff, and surepost. No clue how the air ramp stuff goes. I just hope I don't get placed in a unload/loading trucks (definitely won't survive). I hear Air Ramp is suppose to be the easiest job at UPS, is it true? Does UPS still cut hours? Does the union still guarantee 3 hours or work? I heard they are desperately looking and peak is coming up soon. I go in tomorrow to do fingerprints/back ground check. Never thought I'll be back.

Also I heard that if you were formerly a PT Supe you can't get hired back in the union. Is this true?
They rehire sups as hourlies. I've seen it many times.

deeztier

don't tip the tug over and be ready for any weather. one of the easiest jobs there. you get discounts at the avocado burger, so you can take your UPS side piece before heading back home to your family.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
don't tip the tug over and be ready for any weather. one of the easiest jobs there. you get discounts at the avocado burger, so you can take your UPS side piece before heading back home to your family.

I have seen a lot of bad tug driving, seen them drive into poles going 25 MPH and jettison, seen them hit every erect metal structure in our building, even seen them destroy a couple of water fountains. But I have never seen one tip a tug....:eek:

Doing donuts in the yard during a ice storm?? :nobrainzombis:

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Seriously these people make this crap up or what?
proxy-image.jpg

Mike who? Needs the 1st days of peak off

Last edited:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I would get yelled at a lot by my FT Supe for being to lax and "lazy" as some of my co-workers would call it. At the end I would remind my FT Supe that I am not allowed to touch packages.

I'm not sorry for letting :censored2: get messed up for that one dude who would come back from break 5-10 minutes late. I'll let all his stuff pile up and fall.
Yes, welcome back. You’ll fit in just fine here.

pkgdriver

I have seen a lot of bad tug driving, seen them drive into poles going 25 MPH and jettison, seen them hit every erect metal structure in our building, even seen them destroy a couple of water fountains. But I have never seen one tip a tug....:eek:

Doing donuts in the yard during a ice storm?? :nobrainzombis:

I saw on the news a few years back of two people getting killed for doing donuts in those things.

Yes, welcome back. You’ll fit in just fine here.
It’s what I was taught from one of my old sort guys Copper. “Work smarter, not harder”.