Possibly returning

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Wish they'd build some joints here in the East, I liked their burgers.

When ya faht, food is always the topic, so definitely on topic.
Our In and Out is about 40 miles away and many times we have driven there just for burgers.

especially after watching the Big Lebowski.........

since when does any thread here stay "on topic" after about 7 posts???????

must be a rookie.....

BF

Attachments

• 20191029_170346_resized.jpg
    20191029_170346_resized.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 93

tadpole

Really? Not where I am at. If you quit as a management employee and reapply down the road you will be rehired into management.
Interesting. Well I know of 5 examples off the top of my head. I'm in the Seattle area. Things vary depending on your location I guess.

If she didn’t choose to get pregnant you wouldn’t need a second job. Just sayin…
We both came to the decision. Not tripping, just figured it would be a smart move to pile up a bit more money before the time comes... and see how the hub/job is. I remember UPS has fantastic benefits so it may be good to invest long term for the family.

Drink Craft Beer

Interesting. Well I know of 5 examples off the top of my head. I'm in the Seattle area. Things vary depending on your location I guess.
Where I'm at, a guy worked the preload for about 7yrs, then went to PT supe. After 2yrs, he wanted out of management and wanted to drive. They gave him the opportunity to qualify and he was successful, but was told beforehand that if he failed, he would be out of a job.

Where I'm at, a guy worked the preload for about 7yrs, then went to PT supe. After 2yrs, he wanted out of management and wanted to drive. They gave him the opportunity to qualify and he was successful, but was told beforehand that if he failed, he would be out of a job.
Nothing to lose, from the sound of it.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I used to work for UPS a few years back and ended my career is a PT Dispatch Supervisor. My wife is pregnant and I'm looking to pick up a second job and some extra cash so I figured I'll apply again as a "air ramp - cargo person" at the Ontario, CA hub in the airport I believe for the 2pm - 8:30pm slot.

I'm curious if anyone on here is from this hub and give me some insight on how it is. I originally worked in the Meadowlands Hub in NJ. Used to do the sort isle stuff, and surepost. No clue how the air ramp stuff goes. I just hope I don't get placed in a unload/loading trucks (definitely won't survive). I hear Air Ramp is suppose to be the easiest job at UPS, is it true? Does UPS still cut hours? Does the union still guarantee 3 hours or work? I heard they are desperately looking and peak is coming up soon. I go in tomorrow to do fingerprints/back ground check. Never thought I'll be back.

Also I heard that if you were formerly a PT Supe you can't get hired back in the union. Is this true?
I worked PD-16 and 17