Post Package Handler Interview

Joshc123

Hey guys, so I just went on a tour/interview in brooklyn, New York on thursday and I feel it went well and the only thing I regret was wearing a tie considering I was the only one wearing one. So a day after the interview I go online to check the status of my application and it has changed since the interview. It now says "On File and my status has changed to "PRELOADER". Can anyone tell me what's the significance of this change in my application? It has been 3 days now and no call or email from them, please help.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like since you wore a tie you got the job! The Preload works early in the morning loading packages into the delivery trucks before the drivers report to work. Your shift will run about four hours, our Preload in my area works from about 3:45 to 8:30 AM.

nystripe96

Don't be embarrassed that you wore a tie. It shows you wanted the job bad enough. I say good for you & best of luck in your new endeavor

P

pickup

Yes, that tie might seem like overkill to you Josh, but it was an indication to the interviewer that you were willing to go the extra distance to be presentable. That also might indicate to the interviewer that you will be willing to try to show up on time if at all, amongst other things.

Smart move, Josh.

klolx

I was offered a 2nd interview right away after the 1st. Then I got offered the job 2 hours after the 2nd interview through email.

brownedout

I know at my center new-hire preloaders tend to start Wednesday mornings. About 1/2 way through the shift, so hopefully you'll get a call tomorrow morning or very early afternoon telling you to report at 430-515 AM or so, and a contact name probably the Preload Supervisor. Good luck to you.

Joshc123

I received no call today, what should I do? I remember the interviewer telling the group during the tour that we should not make an attempt to call them after the interview. I don't understand I thought I had the job for sure when I saw "PRELOADER" next to my application status after the interview. Please help.

Minneapolis

I received no call today, what should I do? I remember the interviewer telling the group during the tour that we should not make an attempt to call them after the interview. I don't understand I thought I had the job for sure when I saw "PRELOADER" next to my application status after the interview. Please help.

Wait a week and then give H.R. a call. Let them know how much you want the job! Good luck!

Joshc123

I just want to say thank you to all who posted in response to me, you have all been very helpful. Once again thank you and I can't wait to become an official upser.

Joshc123

Yea it's been a week now and no call but when I look online my status changed from package handler to preloader after the interview