post peak

feeder53

ADKtrails
I was hired here in Albany and my last day was the day after Christmas yet I see a lot of work. I don`t know what to expect.

kingOFchester

I feel for the drivers......but us loaders have it rough too. during peak they had us come in as early at 12:30-8. Loading 3 cars not so bad. But now coming in at 4:30-8 and having almost the same volume as peak. During peak we were in way to early and now we are in late. Probably would of been smart to have us come in around 3:30 for the last week and the last 2 days. Hopefuly volume will settle back down, or at least someone would have the sense to call us in early.

W

westsideworma

we're starting at 4am here but our drivers stop counts are through the roof as well from what I've overheard at PCMs. We've wrapped the past two days (well the boxline I'm on did, not sure about the others), but last week it was tough. We started at 3am on Monday....it was nice to get out early as we only had about 30-32k to do (not sure what the official count was). Now its back to our regular 4am start time with some starting a little earlier, some a little later. Its definitely the biggest "after-peak" I've seen so far. :whiteflag:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

We got slammed here in Boston more than I have ever seen besides peak.

The 26th was very light and the 27th a little light also. But the 29th, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were incredibly heavy. Last week I got 9 hours OT working only 3 days. I actually don't mind the volume spike on weeks that start on wedsneday. It was 3 days of hell, but it was only 3 days. As soon as the week started it seemed like it was over!

I don't want to come out here and blantenly say the people in charge way up above don't have a clue, but I have no choice:sad-very:. I'm not talking about my center team. I'm talking DM and above. How can they not see this coming? They must have known there was going to be a volume surge similiar to a tsunami, right?

Am I wrong to think that there are jobs at UPS that solely consist of forcasting volume? This person probably makes a lot of money. My guess is he is very intelligent, has an MBA, and has been with the company for over 20 years. I think he failed terribly.

How much money was lost at UPS fron Dec. 26th to Jan 5th? Probbaly none. We probably made money hand over fist because of the efficently (management in the 50's) built in these route to begin with.

Problem is we could have made a lot more and I base my observation on center-level observations.

My example: we had the forecast yet ran about 4 routes less our labor force could do. We had 4 drivers unassigned at start time with no work. An hour before start time on Jan. 3rd, 70% of the center was over-dispatched.

Why not add the 4 drivers before dispacth and make some money? Instead we have 4 extra drivers now meeting other drivers all day to take stops off them. Now, these drivers are wasting fuel (just in going to meet 5-6 drivers x 4 drivers)

I'm looking for an IE guy to chime in here. Wouldn't it make sense to put in the drivers and let them deliver instead of putting them out there at the last minute wasting time driving and communicating with dispatch?

Why is UPS so afraid of the under 8? My observation is I'm a lot less overpaid when you dispatch me with 7.5 instead on 9.5

Sounds like BackBay to me ......:whiteflag:

Ms Spoken

When is this madness ever going to end. This was my 5th day working over 11+ hours each. For the record I will be filing grievance over 9.5 dispatch. Sorry had to vent

ok

better now

Last edited:

paidslave

When is this madness ever going to end. This was my 5th day working over 11+ hours each. For the record I will be filing grievance over 9.5 dispatch. Sorry had to vent

ok

better now

Whats that language in the contract regarding over 9.5 dispaches......Same here exceptionally heavy...Worse now than peak............Heck with the money cause I am tired of the jammed overtime.........would love to know cause I am tired of crappy 11 hour days.....Redicous

brownbeater

Here in Central Florida we had the same post peak Bozo show. The head clown who makes volume predictions must've had his head buried in his bonus! The supes put helpers on the road only to get hit with a stack load of grievances for using them. We have yet to see the outcome but if we are true to the wording in the contract, they will be paying out a lot of $ for violating. If we ever let them use helpers year-round we will experience peak days every day and a lot of jobs will be lost. But as we all know, UPS is alot like the Addams Family...they do what they want, when they want.

Ms Spoken

Whats that language in the contract regarding over 9.5 dispaches......Same here exceptionally heavy...Worse now than peak............Heck with the money cause I am tired of the jammed overtime.........would love to know cause I am tired of crappy 11 hour days.....Redicous

You will need to ask your union steward on how you contract book reads or get the book out and read for yourself. I'm out of Local 710 so I'm sure my contract is different than yours. Look under the Article about wage scales.