Postal worker dies from being mauled by 5 dogs

Mutineer

I have 2 dogs that will rip a skunk to threads and worry about it for 2 weeks afterwards.
Did the dogs attack the skunk at the same time? Every dog/skunk incident I have seen involved only one yelping dog with it's nose in the dirt, and an unharmed skunk.

I can imagine two dogs at once would result in two stinky dogs, and a dead skunk.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Did the dogs attack the skunk at the same time? Every dog/skunk incident I have seen involved only one yelping dog with it's nose in the dirt, and an unharmed skunk.

I can imagine two dogs at once would result in two stinky dogs, and a dead skunk.
That is the usual outcome with my 2 dogs. Mountain curs are hard headed and tough.

imjanedoe

banned slut
So sad, unnecessary. I don’t care how much pressure they want to put or how badly I want to be off the clock. Take no chances. If I see a fence it’s usually to keep things inside and I won’t rush through. I back up or stop if the dog gets more aggressive if I approach the property or owner. Ni1 AP Nextttt. Almost had one burst through a window. Haven’t been to a neighborhood where I had to drive with both doors closed yet.

trotsky

SOG Flash II
It's black. Wife got it for me.

It fits in the right pocket and has the clip that, essentially, announces. "I have a knife"
I see these everywhere.

For all intents and purposes, it's what I use to replace gladhand washers.......

Prepared helping.

Some of the idiots we have would spray every dog they see. A driver in my building got caught on video spraying a sleeping cat. Best to just have a stick and use it if you need to. It's worked for me for 30 yrs.
What? That dude definitely has bodies of the basement

Commercial Inside Release

All toys, except maybe the Don. Good knives have to have a hilt. When you get to work with one, your hand and the handle will be covered in blood. Blood is very slippery, and the blade will inevitably hit bone, causing your hand to slide down onto your own blade, slicing your own hand & fingers badly.

Anything with a hilt and over a certain length was considered a weapon, hundreds of years ago. Firearms came along and the history and culture of blades was slowly lost.

takesteady

I think a lot of people underestimate just how STRONG a frenzied dog can be, especially a pitbull. The 'lockjaw' thing may be a myth, but good luck trying to beat one in tug of war, let alone wrench it's jaws off you during a rampage. Forget about 5 attacking you at once. Unless you have a weapon of some kind, you're screwed. Idc how strong you think you are.

trickpony1

I think a lot of people underestimate just how STRONG a frenzied dog can be, especially a pitbull. The 'lockjaw' thing may be a myth, but good luck trying to beat one in tug of war, let alone wrench it's jaws off you during a rampage. Forget about 5 attacking you at once. Unless you have a weapon of some kind, you're screwed. Idc how strong you think you are.
Strong enough to stab at the eyes, throat and belly to filet the dog?
Just suggestions.

If you get scared enough, strength seems to appear.
Adrenaline is a powerful substance.

takesteady

Strong enough to stab at the eyes, throat and belly to filet the dog?
Just suggestions.

If you get scared enough, strength seems to appear.
Adrenaline is a powerful substance.
Im just saying these dogs are a lot stronger than many people realize. Learned this lesson the hard way when I nearly got my finger chewed off by my dad's pit after trying to break up a fight. Took less than 30 seconds and had to go through months of physical therapy.

I always get nervous when I see some 120 lb 'pit mom' let her dog off leash at the park. These are powerful animals that require respect and strict training

Sheikyrbouti

I carry a flashlight/stun gun I bought on Amazon for $15. Spark it a couple of times if dogs act aggressive and they change their tune real quick.

Mutineer

I spent several years delivering in rural areas where my outcome could have easily been like this one. Nobody to hear me scream, and too many miles from medical attention. After a couple of "educational incidents", I carried pepper-spray in my RF pocket, and a quality-made IWB 3.5" dagger above my RH back pocket. While walking, I kept my RH free and ready to use as much as possible.

Surprising not surprising is that In the movie star rich rural areas, the dog owners are far more unconcerned and negligent than in the normal rural areas.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I love it when the owner says "He won't bite."

I don't argue with owners anymore. I just kick or swat them with my walking stick.

I'm not talking about delivering boxes. I do this when I take my dogs for a walk and come across another walker with their dogs off the leash.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I love it when the owner says "He won't bite."

I don't argue with owners anymore. I just kick or swat them with my walking stick.

I'm not talking about delivering boxes. I do this when I take my dogs for a walk and come across another walker with their dogs off the leash.
The ignorant owners