Postal Worker Shot And Killed On Route

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Black, white, or Chinese. Eye for an eye.
Nice usage as that phrase, 'Eye for an Eye', comes from lower-class Arabic/Jewish people objection that the punishment should be proportionate to the crime. In their perception, the punishment for them was was many times the actual crime. An example of this, is the hacking off of a hand for stealing.
The lower classes of Middle Age Europe had the same experience with a disproportionate punishment of the peasant by the 'Gentry/Royalty'.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Nice usage as that phrase, 'Eye for an Eye', comes from lower-class Arabic/Jewish people objection that the punishment should be proportionate to the crime. In their perception, the punishment for them was was many times the actual crime. An example of this, is the hacking off of a hand for stealing.
Then hack it off! It's a good deterent (sp?). Imagine if we quickly killed those that were clearly convicted of murder? You take a life you lose yours.

newfie

The lower classes of Middle Age Europe had the same experience with a disproportionate punishment of the peasant by the 'Gentry/Royalty'.

I imagine one only stole twice before they starved to death ?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
seems fair
I think so. Old Testament judgement. But then who am I to judge on this instance? I know the New Testament says it is ok to judge as long as it's the correct judgement. If we are to believe in capital punsihment, then it should be quickly. You get your appeal. After that, then God have mercy on your soul.