Posting info from UPSers.com - Hoax get's slapped

tieguy

Banned
I was wondering why the FBI stopped by my house and seared my eyes and removed parts of my brain. I must have inadvertently read one of Hoaxsters posts. :happy-very:

Far be it for me to disagree with a corporate monitor but I believe that person is wrong. UPSers.com does not display confidential company information. They structure the news they release through that portal by your job. Clearly material displayed through that portal is meant to be posted on bullitin boards or printed and shown to others such as the service milestone info. My point being I think anything you view on UPSers.com has already gone through the screeing process and has been released for public consumption.

P

pickup

Appears I crossed the line...was not aware, and you probably are not either, that we are not to copy and paste info from UPSers.com on a public forum. The below is what was conveyed to me by one of the Corporate monitors of this site. Now that I know, I will not do it again.

I have to question you on posting info from UPSers.com. Although info may seem benign, if UPS wanted it public, it would go out as a press release. In fact, I’m sure you are well aware of the terms of service of UPSers.com which state, in part, “UPSers.com is confidential to UPSUPS. UPSers.com and the information received through UPSers.com must be held confidential, and is subject to the confidentiality and non-use obligations you owe to UPS.” I think this information, or anything posted on UPSers.com, should not be posted on a public forum unless the same information has been released by UPS and is to be used solely by you for non-commercial purposes related to your employment with for public dissemination.

Hmmmm... after getting a warning about posting anything from upsers.com, you post part of the the terms of service of upser.com on another website. Its the equivalent of violating the terms of a confidentiality agreement which include discussing the confidentiality agreement itself as a reason for not commenting. Didn't you once say? "if you find yourself in a hole, stop shoveling "(or something to that effect.) :surprised: Dude you were "hoaxed" by ups.

P

pickup

Hmmmm... after getting a warning about posting anything from upsers.com, you post part of the the terms of service of upser.com on another website. Its the equivalent of violating the terms of a confidentiality agreement which include discussing the confidentiality agreement itself as a reason for not commenting. Didn't you once say? "if you find yourself in a hole, stop shoveling "(or something to that effect.) :surprised: Dude you were "hoaxed" by ups.

upon further review, I realize that I am a smuck and should not post two seconds after I wake up.

Work right slow and safe

when i first started looking at things on this site i did not need to login and from what i remember we have customers on here looking and talking so any one can get the info off this site so its not just for upsers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

when i first started looking at things on this site i did not need to login and from what i remember we have customers on here looking and talking so any one can get the info off this site so its not just for upsers

Do yourself (and us) a favor and actually read the thread and posts before deciding to join in.

The OP was sanctioned for posting information that had been posted on upsers.com here on Brown Cafe. That is a violation of the terms of service of upsers.com. Upsers.com requires both a user id and password to login in to the site, which means that it is just for upsers. Personally I do not have an issue with Hoax's post as he was merely trying to relay information from that site to this site. It's not as though he gave out the letter box combinations or posted my paycheck for all to see. From what I have come to learn about Hoax I trust his judgement and feel confident that he thought that he was simply trying to pass along what he thought to be interesting information.

Work right slow and safe

Do yourself (and us) a favor and actually read the thread and posts before deciding to join in.

The OP was sanctioned for posting information that had been posted on upsers.com here on Brown Cafe. That is a violation of the terms of service of upsers.com. Upsers.com requires both a user id and password to login in to the site, which means that it is just for upsers. Personally I do not have an issue with Hoax's post as he was merely trying to relay information from that site to this site. It's not as though he gave out the letter box combinations or posted my paycheck for all to see. From what I have come to learn about Hoax I trust his judgement and feel confident that he thought that he was simply trying to pass along what he thought to be interesting information.

sorry u are so right i did go back and look :whiteflag::sad-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
From what I have come to learn about Hoax I trust his judgement and feel confident that he thought that he was simply trying to pass along what he thought to be interesting information.

Dear UPS monitor

What our dear Hoaxter was trying to do was to keep us poor retired slobs (you know, the ones that helped make UPS what it is today for you to enjoy) up to date on the information that we dont have access to.

So please lighten up on the boy.

Best

d

BrownSuit

Okay, I'm going to do a hoax . . .

"UPSers.com is confidential to UPS and is to be used solely by you for non-commercial purposes related to your employment with UPS."

This is from the Terms and Conditions of UPSers, which I broke by sharing this.

IMHO for the most part the information posted on UPSers is would be harmless if shared with the general public as it is also available in the form of a press release or as in the case of the TCI post earlier, mainstream media.

There are however a number of occasions where information shared on UPSers is not public knowledge or is being pre-released to employees prior to the general public. There is also a vast amount of job specific, district or region specific information that should not be shared with the public.

An example of something shared in the past was information about the 2009 rate increase before it was public. Yes, it happens every year and is not news, however there was specific information that had not yet been given out to the customers. The poster's excuse for why they felt they could post it here was that it was on UPSers.

Another item recently posted included quotes on the District Consolidation. While there is nothing wrong with talking about it, quoting exactly what is happening or the reasoning is not appropriate. To this day there has been no formal announcement by the company about those changes. That might have actually been what got Hoax in trouble as I recall he did have a post or two about it. This is competitive information and believe it or not, there are likely folks from other companies that view the site as a valid source of information.

It's not our job to discern what can and can't be shared on UPSers. That's for the folks at Corporate. Bottom line, if you can find it in a Press Release, or upon finding it on UPSers can google it and find it elsewhere, feel free to share the release or that other site with the world. The content on UPSers would still be off-limits.

So bottom line, don't do what I just did . . . EVER . . .

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

In other words, don't do this???

Last edited by a moderator: