Posts removed from: Any one have more info on this driver

beentheredonethat

Guys, you never know. Make sure you tell your spouse and kids ya love em before you leave. You might not get another chance.

d

Dannyboy, - I think this is probably the best advice you can give another person. I know I'm guilty of not following thru like I should. Gotta go. and give the wife and kids a hug and kiss.

Thanks

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Re: Any one have more info on this driver

Family, wife, kids? Or what UPS is doing about support for the family?

And a question for UPS. What was this driver doing out after 8PM on a friday night? Trying to make up for incompetent dispatch?

d
we here in az have not heard anything new. as far as being out at 8pm thats normal i didnt clock out last night until 950pm

brazenbrown

This isn't the place to play the blame game!

His family, his friends, his fellow workers, sups and manager and UPS are all saddened by this tragic accident.

Our condolences and our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Reminder, please don't forget to send in a donation.

over9five

Staff member

Cheryl can we "sticky" this to the top for a while with maybe Dannys original post, Diadlovers, and yours with the address? I did forget, but I'm sending one now.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Good idea over! Rather than split out all the posts I'm going to just stick the thread to the top.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

area43

Sorry for being late answering post. Computer problems. This is a sad and tragic accident. I am at a loss for words. I prayed for the family. They have a long road ahead of them. I prayed that they will put their trust in God to see this through. This thread is in Remembrance of you Ed. Ed you were one of our own. UPS is a big family. We will truely miss you. I might not have ever met you, but being a UPSer has given us a common bond that shall never be broken. Even death shall not break this bond. To the family and friends we hold you up in our prayers. Take care and God bless Area 43

705red

Browncafe Steward

Reminder, please don't forget to send in a donation.
I have a bank of america on my route and will be donating my colts covering the spread earnings from yesterday, they need it more than my losing it right back next weekend!

browned out

We had a pcm monday. District saftey manager said 14 driver deaths this year. She talked about Ed,s horrible accident. It could have happened to any of us and I feel terrible for his family.

I agree this is not the forum to place blame. The first part of the pcm was on an accident that UPS said was the drivers fault (avoidable) which it may have been.
One of our drivers asked if Ed's accident was avoidable and she said she didn't know. I hope UPS is able to figure out this was unavoidable and not give the family a hard time on the life insurance or give the next of kin a warning notice.

Sorry to be cynical but it is from experience.

God bless his family. Give them strength

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Almost every accident seems to be
"avoidable" in ups' eyes. Does anyone know of any lawsuits that have resulted in ups paying money out from wrongly blaming a driver who was seriously hurt or killed, but was ultimately blamed. There have been times where the police have said that our drivers wernt at fault and ups still charges the drivers. What would happen if a driver was hit while crossing a street at 8:00 at night, pitch black, away from the package car. Are these accidents still lumped together with auto accidents???Thats probably an avoidable accident too......so pathetic. There was a driver who was in the back of an empty parking lot taking a lunch. A car somehow hit him and they charged the driver dor not having his flashers on. Come on, its sunny, flashers would hardly be seen anyway. So if he did have flashers on, it would have be unavoidable? Drivers in general are getting more risky and more aggressive. We cant possiblbly be blammed for every littke thing society does that is stupid.

browned out

If you get charged with an avoidable accident and you know it was unavoidable; tell them if you had to do it again, you would not have change anything in you driving method. If they still insist on the warning notice. Tell them you'll grieve it.

I did this and they threw out the warning notice. Still made me very pissed off that I had to go thru all this when it was not an avoidable accident and I did nothing wrong.

Braveheart

A misload huh? PAS is working then, right. Management strikes again. I'm sorry for his family.
I never understand why we are asked to run many of the misloads. I had to do one last week which took 29 minutes round trip. That is all overtime. Why not just get it to the correct driver the next day when he is delivering in the day time, or at least if it is at night he would be more familiar with area and unsafe streets.

Happy hours are usually during the hours of 4pm to 8pm around here. We all should really be off the the clock by 7pm and home by 8pm at the latest.

May the Good Lord watch over his family.

browned out

We call the misloads in and sup tells us which ones to deliver and the ones that are too far out of the way are directed to clerks so they can be sheeted as LIB. (left in building)

again

"its ok to falsify these records; just don't falsify those records"

whose line is that anyway?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Does anyone know of any lawsuits that have resulted in ups paying money out from wrongly blaming a driver who was seriously hurt or killed, but was ultimately blamed.

You know, there was a story posted on here by a driver--I forget who it was--that said a driver was blamed for an accident by UPS. The local PD, insurance company, etc had declared the other party at fault. UPS refused to rescind discipline and remove paperwork from the employee's file despite this ruling by outsiders. The driver got p*ssed and filed suit against UPS, asking for nothing but court costs and his file to be cleared. UPS tried to defend itself. The judge dismissed the arguments, telling the company to remove all paperwork from the employee's file. I forget where I saw this posted.

If you get charged with an avoidable accident and you know it was unavoidable; tell them if you had to do it again, you would not have change anything in you driving method. If they still insist on the warning notice. Tell them you'll grieve it.

I did this and they threw out the warning notice. Still made me very pissed off that I had to go thru all this when it was not an avoidable accident and I did nothing wrong.

I didn't know you could grieve a company finding such as this. From reading this board, you're the first to threaten such an action. After reading some of the contract language, I was wondering if this was or should be a part of the language. Interesting...-Rocky

tieguy

Banned

the company representative that threw it out should either be fired for throwing it out or fired for presenting it when it was not needed.

I don't know the details of your case SL but you have to be carefull when dispensing the above advice because it can get someone fired. When we have an accident and determine it avoidable. We will review it with you and the safety committe. we will train you on what you should have done differently to prevent that type of accident. At that point if after being retrained you try to tell us that you could do nothing different and would do nothing different then you just put yourself into the arena of refusing management instruction and training.

Rookie your advice icould be dangerous and get someone fired. You have to be carefull when using this message board in your efforts to spread your deep seated hatred for the company that you do not offer advice that gets someone fired.

R

rocketman

945 on a friday. ill say a prayer for our fellow worker and ill sen a donation.

trickpony1

tieguy-
How about the company just pay us all to stay at home? Staying at home greatly increases the probability that we will not have an accident.

The company is always gonna pull some excuse out of their lower extremities as to why the driver was at fault. The driver can not control every aspect of what other drivers will or won't do. We also can't read minds although there are some supervisors who, apparently, can.

Almost every accident seems to be
"avoidable" in ups' eyes. Does anyone know of any lawsuits that have resulted in ups paying money out from wrongly blaming a driver who was seriously hurt or killed, but was ultimately blamed. There have been times where the police have said that our drivers wernt at fault and ups still charges the drivers. What would happen if a driver was hit while crossing a street at 8:00 at night, pitch black, away from the package car. Are these accidents still lumped together with auto accidents???Thats probably an avoidable accident too......so pathetic. There was a driver who was in the back of an empty parking lot taking a lunch. A car somehow hit him and they charged the driver dor not having his flashers on. Come on, its sunny, flashers would hardly be seen anyway. So if he did have flashers on, it would have be unavoidable? Drivers in general are getting more risky and more aggressive. We cant possiblbly be blammed for every littke thing society does that is stupid.

An avoidable accident is one that you should have done something different according to the methods. I got in 2 unavoidable accidents this year. A head on and a hit while parked. The only thing I could have done differently was not be there at that time.

trickpony1

The only thing I could have done differently was not be there at that time.

....that's right. If you had spent 7.3 less seconds talking to the customer at the previous stop you would not have been at the exact place at the exact time of the accidents........therefore, they are your fault. AVOIDABLE!

(sarcasm intended) :lol: :lol: