Potential for thousands of teamster jobs?

35years

Gravy route
No doubt.

Where is the employee base ?
Are you kidding?
We D.Q. 30+ scratch probationary drivers a year in our bldg.
UPS gets to use unofficial temps this way.
We also have 500 or so part timers in our hub.
Some wait 8 years to win a FT bid.

If you can't recruit the PT guys in a particular bldg. the local B.A. needs to actually walk the hub and inform them of the pay and benefits... 110K + $30K benefits.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you kidding?

Nope.

We D.Q. 30+ scratch probationary drivers a year in our bldg.

Running scratch means nothing.

The company determines who they qualify and that's just one parameter.

We also have 500 or so part timers in our hub.

That's not a hub....

If you can't recruit the PT guys in a particular bldg. the local B.A. needs to actually walk the hub and inform them of the pay and benefits... 110K + $30K benefits.

Cool.

You want to do it with me, on the midnight sort @ 3am ?

About that time, we are getting done with attendance and misload hearings.

Stick around for hearings on the preload.... they start.... @ 5:30am.

Then go to work.

:biggrin:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What grievances have you filed, regarding this ?

Didn't you sit out peak season ?
There are no grievances to be filed until fedex actually does away with smartpost correct?

I was giving you a chance to clarify what you meant by that statement but instead you go into attack mode. Just reinforcing what the comment looked like. That you’re making excuses for the company not to follow language.

KingofFluff

There are no grievances to be filed until fedex actually does away with smartpost correct?

I was giving you a chance to clarify what you meant by that statement but instead you go into attack mode. Just reinforcing what the comment looked like. That you’re making excuses for the company not to follow language.
tenor (3).gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
There are no grievances to be filed until fedex actually

. I have asked him to address paragraph number one three times now.... starting to wonder about his credibility

Poop Head

Judge me.
The extended rural routes here get screwed with surepost violations every day.
Violations. What's the definition of a "proximity stop" anyway? Let's face it, the company has free reign with this crap. The only way were gonna get that volume back is if it's cheaper for us to deliver vs. the p.o.

I heard though the grapevine that the p.o. will be raising their parcel rates considerably,. Not sure how accurate this info is, as it came from a small time shipper, but I'm hoping for more volume to us

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Violations. What's the definition of a "proximity stop" anyway? Let's face it, the company has free reign with this crap. The only way were gonna get that volume back is if it's cheaper for us to deliver vs. the p.o.

I heard though the grapevine that the p.o. will be raising their parcel rates considerably,. Not sure how accurate this info is, as it came from a small time shipper, but I'm hoping for more volume to us
Proximity stops are "the ones in the same block as where you parked".

We dont get most of the single pkg stops as agreed.
Keep filing.