PRAYING FOR NEGOTIATORS TO GET US A GREAT CONTRACT!!!!

Chester

Working smart and using the methods against them isn't being lazy. And you know if you got hurt delivering an overweight, the first thing they would say is why didn't you ask for help?
So sittting there in the blazing heat waiting for another driver to come help you with an overweight is working smart?

Working smart and using the methods against them isn't being lazy. And you know if you got hurt delivering an overweight, the first thing they would say is why didn't you ask for help?
Not an issue where I’ve worked. They can say what they want. But if they want to push it, they can answer to the state.

Chester

You dragging a 130 piece of freight up 20 steps isn't being smart. That's a good way to end your career and your quality of life. You won't be 30 years old forever.
Would never do that. If customer can’t or won’t help then it’s left downstairs. And I’m 40ish

Apparently so. Don't be a big P* about it but you also got to make smart decisions.
Leave it in front of the garage. If it’s an apt. And they aren’t home, NI1. If they are home and cannot help, and don’t want it left at the bottom of the stairs, NR1

brett636

Anyone hoping for a strike is a freaking maroon. Everyone loses if a strike occurs. I agree with Over9five in that I hope we get an agreement before the contract deadline, and hopefully its a good one.

Tony Q

Really, THIS is what you guys should be looking for. The guys praying, cheerleading, and hoping for a strike IMO, aren't thinking it through. (Seriously, some of you sound idiotic).
We PAY those negotiators a boatload of money to do their job. Let's allow them to do it before we want a strike. Remember, if we strike:

The negotiators continue to get paid.
UPS management continues to get paid.
Teamster management continues to get paid.

It's only us that won't get paid, because THEY couldn't get the job done.

Now I voted to authorize a strike. If the negotiators really come to an impasse, I'm walking. I'm old, my house is paid off, I have no mortgage, and I have plenty of money in the bank. I could be out a long time with no worries.
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!
Contrary to what some believe, Denis T is a tough negotiator. He isn't a particularly jovial guy like your principal office, he is actually quite blunt. Both Sean and Denis are tough Union guys, but Denis is the Lead negotiator in this contract. People think that Sean and only Sean could get us what we need. This isn't the case. Wait a couple weeks and see for yourself if you like the new contract and what it has to offer you.

As far as you getting paid in the even of a strike you will get paid 5 times your dues date and your medical will be covered if you are in a Teamster run health and welfare plan, which to the best of my knowledge, everyone is in now. I know you could be discouraged by the doom and gloom of social media, and I feel for you and anyone else who does see, get the big picture. I think when the information is put in the members hands oaths new contract there will be a decision to be made, and good teamsters such as your self need to do your job and be a vote of reason. You being a moderator of this site qualifies you as a leader and a voice that others WILL listen to. Use your influence, and vote your conscience.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Contrary to what some believe, Denis T is a tough negotiator. He isn't a particularly jovial guy like your principal office, he is actually quite blunt. Both Sean and Denis are tough Union guys, but Denis is the Lead negotiator in this contract. People think that Sean and only Sean could get us what we need. This isn't the case. Wait a couple weeks and see for yourself if you like the new contract and what it has to offer you.

As far as you getting paid in the even of a strike you will get paid 5 times your dues date and your medical will be covered if you are in a Teamster run health and welfare plan, which to the best of my knowledge, everyone is in now. I know you could be discouraged by the doom and gloom of social media, and I feel for you and anyone else who does see, get the big picture. I think when the information is put in the members hands oaths new contract there will be a decision to be made, and good teamsters such as your self need to do your job and be a vote of reason. You being a moderator of this site qualifies you as a leader and a voice that others WILL listen to. Use your influence, and vote your conscience.

Calm down bro

You’re trying to hard to sell this thing

Turdferguson

Just a turd

That is good information to know about our lead negotiator I hadn't heard of him before this.

You being a moderator of this site qualifies you as a leader and a voice that others WILL listen to.
download (3).jpeg

Sorry couldn't resist

Dennis sounds like a hillbilly. Sorry but true.

Tony Q

Dennis sounds like a hillbilly. Sorry but true.
Denis aint know hillbilly, not that being a hillbilly is bad or makes you stupid. Some of my favorite Teamsters are indeed hillbillies and will tell you this. Just because someone has a southern draw and is from a more southern area means nothing. For the record Denis has nothing to lose in this contract except getting the best deal possible. He is about at the end of his career and going to move on to retirement sooner than later. He unlike other that have negotiated your contracts is a LIFELONG UPS member. He understands UPS because he has worked there. I challenge you to find an equal in this manner.

Tony Q

That is good information to know about our lead negotiator I hadn't heard of him before this.

View attachment 196715
Sorry couldn't resist
Lifelong UPSer. Show me another that has gotten so high up in a Union dominated by Freight dinosaurs. Freight is cool and all, but we NEED negotiators who actually punched in at UPS. Sean nor Fred has clocked one minute in this industry that has the highest membership within the whole Teamsters union. The last I can remember was Ron Carey, God rest his soul.

Denis aint know hillbilly, not that being a hillbilly is bad or makes you stupid. Some of my favorite Teamsters are indeed hillbillies and will tell you this. Just because someone has a southern draw and is from a more southern area means nothing. For the record Denis has nothing to lose in this contract except getting the best deal possible. He is about at the end of his career and going to move on to retirement sooner than later. He unlike other that have negotiated your contracts is a LIFELONG UPS member. He understands UPS because he has worked there. I challenge you to find an equal in this manner.
He isn't well spoken. Jmho

Tony Q

Calm down bro

You’re trying to hard to sell this thing
Brother I don't want to sell anything. If you think its bad I urge you to vote NO. I challenge you to vote your conscience though. Wait till its in front of you and have an open mind. I believe you to be a reasonable man. Not a YES man for either side.