PRAYING FOR NEGOTIATORS TO GET US A GREAT CONTRACT!!!!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1894.GIF
Really, THIS is what you guys should be looking for. The guys praying, cheerleading, and hoping for a strike IMO, aren't thinking it through. (Seriously, some of you sound idiotic).
We PAY those negotiators a boatload of money to do their job. Let's allow them to do it before we want a strike. Remember, if we strike:

The negotiators continue to get paid.
UPS management continues to get paid.
Teamster management continues to get paid.

It's only us that won't get paid, because THEY couldn't get the job done.

Now I voted to authorize a strike. If the negotiators really come to an impasse, I'm walking. I'm old, my house is paid off, I have no mortgage, and I have plenty of money in the bank. I could be out a long time with no worries.
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

For the love of :censored2:ing peaches and cream I just what to get a :censored2:ing contract to read! People can we get a :censored2:ing contract first then we can have the strike conversation!! SOB!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
But some of you young guys will be in some deep doo doo. Say we're out 3 months, that's a lot of bills piling up, and you low seniority people may not be called back for even longer. I suspect that if a strike went long, everyone would be called back for Peak, but big time layoffs after.

Just something to think about. Hope instead that those negotiators will come out with a fantastic contract for us!

There wouldn't be a 3 month strike----3 weeks maybe but never 3 months. Its the young guys who should be worried about their future and what life will be like at UPS 10-20 years from now who should be ready to lay it on the line even if that means a strike. The hourly have been losing ground the last few contracts---time to circle the wagons.

There wouldn't be a 3 month strike----3 weeks maybe but never 3 months. Its the young guys who should be worried about their future and what life will be like at UPS 10-20 years from now who should be ready to lay it on the line even if that means a strike. The hourly have been losing ground the last few contracts---time to circle the wagons.
The top rate guys haven't been losing, everyone else has.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Would never do that. If customer can’t or won’t help then it’s left downstairs. And I’m 40ish
We have had customers help drivers with overweights and they have fked up their backs....you can probably guess what the customer did next, right....???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Denis aint know hillbilly, not that being a hillbilly is bad or makes you stupid. Some of my favorite Teamsters are indeed hillbillies and will tell you this. Just because someone has a southern draw and is from a more southern area means nothing. For the record Denis has nothing to lose in this contract except getting the best deal possible. He is about at the end of his career and going to move on to retirement sooner than later. He unlike other that have negotiated your contracts is a LIFELONG UPS member. He understands UPS because he has worked there. I challenge you to find an equal in this manner.
So you think it was a good move to remove Obrien from the negotiations main lead spot???

rod

Retired 22 years
Day after Thanksgiving. We still get paid for the day plus overtime for the hours we work

The only reason you get paid now is because you are still under the old contract. Have you seen the new wording? I have a feeling that pay probably will disappear.