Pre Load Advice

AwashBwashCwash

4 trucks is too many for good load quality.
I don't even try to load by sequence anymore.
I basically just shelf load everything.
The first third of the section is for x0-x3, the middle is x4-x6, and the last third is x7-x9.
If they want something better they'll have to take a truck or 2 off of me.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I was being sarcastic
I know lol I just wanted to share. To state the obvious as well, these same inept loaders with no training then get promoted to sup in two months of working there. Which is of course how we get blind leading blind and one continual cluster ef. Also to note, if the screening process for loaders was a bit better we might actually be able to keep em

I know lol I just wanted to share. To state the obvious as well, these same inept loaders with no training then get promoted to sup in two months of working there. Which is of course how we get blind leading blind and one continual cluster ef. Also to note, if the screening process for loaders was a bit better we might actually be able to keep em
Or maybe if they got paid a little bit more....

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Or maybe if they got paid a little bit more....
Well that too but we ALL know that will never happen lol. Because most the people they hire wouldn't give a damn if they were paid more or not, they'd still load like :censored2:e. I just learned the job, got a set of cars with drivers that wanted custom loads that aren't asses and load like I get paid 30 an hour. Come Christmas time it always pays off, I usually get a c note or more each from two of my three drivers.

Well that too but we ALL know that will never happen lol. Because most the people they hire wouldn't give a damn if they were paid more or not, they'd still load like :censored2:e. I just learned the job, got a set of cars with drivers that wanted custom loads that aren't asses and load like I get paid 30 an hour. Come Christmas time it always pays off, I usually get a c note or more each from two of my three drivers.
How come you don't go out driving?

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
How come you don't go out driving?
Ticket. I took my road test passed, was going to go to integrad but I was in school at the time and realized id have no time to do it driving. Decided to not go, then talking to a loader that does sat air driver I was going to do that but between the time of my first background check and wanting to go air I got a ticket, and apparently they had to do another background check so now I'm just waiting that off.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ticket. I took my road test passed, was going to go to integrad but I was in school at the time and realized id have no time to do it driving. Decided to not go, then talking to a loader that does sat air driver I was going to do that but between the time of my first background check and wanting to go air I got a ticket, and apparently they had to do another background check so now I'm just waiting that off.
yep and that @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U guy sucks

That sucks

watdaflock?

I am new to loading trucks. I am currently loading 4 Trucks, I was given charts to use and go by. But when the driver comes in and goes through their truck they say it's all wrong. They keep explaining to me what to do and how to load their truck. It just dont seem to be sticking with me. On top of all this it dont help that the place is getting slammed with boxes. How am I supposed to have all this time to learn the trucks with out slowing down production. I wanna do a good job but the drivers make me feel like ai am doing absolutely horrible.
You're paid to play Tetris. Just get the boxes close-to where they belong. If the drivers don't like it, tell them to come in early and load their own trucks. 'eff 'em.

Capo

I am new to loading trucks. I am currently loading 4 Trucks, I was given charts to use and go by. But when the driver comes in and goes through their truck they say it's all wrong. They keep explaining to me what to do and how to load their truck. It just dont seem to be sticking with me. On top of all this it dont help that the place is getting slammed with boxes. How am I supposed to have all this time to learn the trucks with out slowing down production. I wanna do a good job but the drivers make me feel like ai am doing absolutely horrible.
The drivers are not your boss, your supervisors are, if they aren't complaining then you don't have to worry about it

handleubb29392

Alright kid here are the rules of preload

1) If you wake up and think you are going to have a good day at preload, think again.
2) If you get to work and you see your load sheets and think "Wow, today looks like an easy day!" think again. The sheets are wrong.
3) The safety stuff they told you is wrong. The job is physically impossible to perform while also adhering to their fake safety standards. They only say that stuff out of liability concerns. You MUST make huge piles of stack out that blocks egress to keep up with the flow, and you MUST always be walking into a truck with AT LEAST 3 or 4 packages in your hand to keep up. If you load one package at a time, you will be fired.
4) Don't worry about the drivers. You don't work for the drivers. I know you want to be a good guy and do a good job, but this isn't that kind of place. Once you walk out the door the drivers are on their own and it isn't your problem anymore. All that matters is you try to keep up with the flow and meet their ridiculous production standards.

Some other posters may try to dispute this, but these are the realities of UPS preload.
I'm assuming when you say fired you mean during their probation period. Other than that this is all true

Dominaquis

The drivers shouldn't be telling you how to do your job. You should have a sup or training teaching you. Listening to various people will only confuse you and give you anxiety.