Pre-load Start times

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny Dude this burrheadd. I`am not sure where your at or if you have any understanding of our contract. Would they let you sit around for 30 minutes and pay you. No they would not they would write you up for stealing time or fire you for dishonesty.

Are you showing up 30 minutes early or are you getting there on time and are then told that the start time has been delayed by 30 minutes?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I`am there on time. I just thought there were some people on here that took our contract serious. Seem`s like another day at work put each other down. GO TEAM UPS UNION WORKERS.
Maybe you're not hearing us. If you think that UPS is not being consistent with start times, file a grievance don't come on here crying and whining. The start times are consistent in the fact that they all start right around 4-430. If on Monday they were at 4, and Wednesday they were at 630, then Friday they were at 2am, then no they would not be consistent. Someone already told you that start time changes of less than an hour only require 24 hrs notice.

If you are dead set on seeing consistency, file a grievance and come back and let us know how that panned out for you.

If scooby was any smarter than his remarks he would have read my first posting stating the supplement and article to reference to understand the question. The contract has difference`s other than the NATIONAL MASTER AGREEMENT.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Maybe you're not hearing us. If you think that UPS is not being consistent with start times, file a grievance don't come on here crying and whining. The start times are consistent in the fact that they all start right around 4-430. If on Monday they were at 4, and Wednesday they were at 630, then Friday they were at 2am, then no they would not be consistent. Someone already told you that start time changes of less than an hour only require 24 hrs notice.

If you are dead set on seeing consistency, file a grievance and come back and let us know how that panned out for you.

no grievance will be filed

just needed a place to whine

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
To all knowledgeable people out there. What doe`s the word consistent mean to you?

According to Article 20 start times shall be posted on the prior friday of the week for which start times shall be effective. Start times shall be CONSISTENT during the week except as provided in the provisions outlined in Article 21.

Would this be considered consistent?
4:00-4:15-4:15-4:30-4:30 this is a example of Monday-Friday workweek.
Article 21 WRSA needs to be read in order to fully understand when I ask about the meaning of consistent in Article 20.

To those without an understanding of the articles in question:
SECTION 3 - PART-TIME EMPLOYEES (a) The regular scheduled work day shall consist of three and onehalf (3 ½) consecutive hours and the regular scheduled work week shall consist of five (5) consecutive days Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday; provided however, when operating needs require the establishment of a Sunday sort, the Employer may implement a Sunday through Thursday work week. Nothing contained in this provision is intended to modify or preclude a Sunday through Thursday work week where such work week was in effect prior to August 1, 1990. (b) Start times shall be posted on the prior Friday of the week for which the starting times shall be effective. Start times shall be consistent during the week except as provided in the provisions outlined in Article 21. If the Employer fails to post start times, employees shall not be disciplined for tardiness.

And the article 21 provisions:

ARTICLE 21 - DELAYED START TIMES The Employer may delay the start time of employees due to inclement weather, earthquakes, civil unrest, floods and any Acts of God that result in delaying the arrival of ground packages, provided the affected employees are notified at least two (2) hours in advance of their scheduled start times. Start times will not be delayed unless the delay is equal to one (1) hour or more.

Scooby and Burrhead already covered everything I'd have to say. Just some context for those like me, who aren't under the Western Region Supplement.

scooby0048

To all knowledgeable people out there. What doe`s the word consistent mean to you?

According to Article 20 start times shall be posted on the prior friday of the week for which start times shall be effective. Start times shall be CONSISTENT during the week except as provided in the provisions outlined in Article 21.

Would this be considered consistent?
4:00-4:15-4:15-4:30-4:30 this is a example of Monday-Friday workweek.
Article 21 WRSA needs to be read in order to fully understand when I ask about the meaning of consistent in Article 20.

If scooby was any smarter than his remarks he would have read my first posting stating the supplement and article to reference to understand the question. The contract has difference`s other than the NATIONAL MASTER AGREEMENT.

You're right, I'm not the idiot asking the question. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

scooby0048

Lol.... you guy`s are right this is a place to whine. That`s probably why burrheadd and scooby are the most consistent in responding cause they whine the most.
Quick question and this might explain why you are not comprehending what we are saying...is English your primary language? You keep using a grave accent and not an apostrophe. Your question has been answered

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
71A84B23-66FD-47E1-BD2C-262A875A4524.png
Lol.... you guy`s are right this is a place to whine. That`s probably why burrheadd and scooby are the most consistent in responding cause they whine the most.