Preload (Baltimore) - Unusual Question About Secondhand Info

J

jibbs

(tl;dr -- read bold sentence in both paragraphs)

So a new feeder driver out of Baltimore showed up while I was clean and out on a quick smoke break during yesterday's preload. We shot the :censored2: for a minute or two and the subject came up of the (or a, I didn't get a chance to have him clarify) Baltimore hub offering full-time loading positions starting at full-time rate. He also mentioned that he wasn't sure if they started off part-time and had to bid into full-time, but he told me all the preloaders out of his hub he had talked to were full-timers making much better money than my small-time center offers me.

He was a brand new guy and it was a brief conversation because I was in a hurry while he was just chillin' for whatever reason, so I'm not sure if he's off-the-street and didn't know what he was talking about. He was friendly, seemed knowledgeable and excited, but I'm cynical by nature and he could've been :censored2:ing with me. Basically, I just wanted to know if there was anybody on here in the area that had heard this or something similar and could clarify while I search online and try to find what he was talking about. Possibly he meant 22.3 jobs and just didn't know them by that name when I asked?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
There is a Hub near my house that the preload is full time. I don't much else about it, but it's been that way for a long time.

J

jibbs

Thanks for the responses, guys, so now I know it's a real thing-- I just gotta find out about it in my area/state, because Baltimore's a bit of a commute compared to where I'm at now.

At FT rate it'd be worth it, though-- even be worth losing my seniority if I could keep the bennies.

Thanks again. I know I'm a dlckhead on here sometimes, though I do feel justified when it happens I appreciate you guys putting up with it and still helping out when you're able.

So if they're most likely (or definitely) not off the street then it's probably something I'd have to bid into, I would think. Though I've heard about straight up FT preloads elsewhere in the country, I've never been sure how it worked (I think I read about that happening somewhere in Washington state.)