Preload is trash.

Superteeth2478

Typically it's off-the-street runner gunner bitches that whine abut preload. Everyone's got their problems and it's not exactly accurate to say preloaders should just trhow stuff wherever but they are the dumb box monkeys that make 1/3 of what driver's make (and that's disregarding the total pay at the end of the year which is a greater discrepancy).

And to the idiots that say "well, hur hur hur, become a driver" there are plenty of people that:
One, have a life outside of getting their :censored2: pushed in 10+ hours a day.
Two, that don't need that kind of money to pay for stuff they can't actually afford.
and Three, have other jobs in addition to their what should be part-time jobs at UPS.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Typically it's off-the-street runner gunner bitches that whine abut preload. Everyone's got their problems and it's not exactly accurate to say preloaders should just trhow stuff wherever but they are the dumb box monkeys that make 1/3 of what driver's make (and that's disregarding the total pay at the end of the year which is a greater discrepancy).

And to the idiots that say "well, hur hur hur, become a driver" there are plenty of people that:
One, have a life outside of getting their :censored2: pushed in 10+ hours a day.
Two, that don't need that kind of money to pay for stuff they can't actually afford.
and Three, have other jobs in addition to their what should be part-time jobs at UPS.
Watch belt, select package, read PAL, load accordingly. Repeat 1000-1200 times. Not rocket science.

AccidentProne

For the past 3 weeks we’ve been starting up an hour after start time due to preload not being done. Most of the drivers are not getting back to the center until after 8pm. What gives? Lol.
No one showing up on time, lots of call ins, and staff won't touch a box to help out when we're down twenty people. Like today, my scanner didn't come in until 10 mins after the start time.
With inflation/low pay and how physically demanding this job is we have had a lot of people quitting which has led to staffing issues. They also hire anyone who comes to the interview. Yesterday there was this new guy who had to be at least 350lbs and was walking with a limp.
Having a limp doesn't mean you can't work here.

The fact they even hired me when I started is mind boggling. Underweight, no muscle mass, limp, and accident prone. Did a three and half hour first truck. In the old days, as my sup says, he said I would've been fired the first day. But all he needs is a pulse now.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ups is kind of at the bottom of the barrel for workers right now, so they sacrifice quality for bodies, it isn't like they don't want good load quality etc, it is the fact, the people they are hiring right now can't do it, they only have so many quality employees left, they already are replacing the drivers with 22.4's, so that's going to bad soon

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Ups is kind of at the bottom of the barrel for workers right now, so they sacrifice quality for bodies, it isn't like they don't want good load quality etc, it is the fact, the people they are hiring right now can't do it, they only have so many quality employees left, they already are replacing the drivers with 22.4's, so that's going to bad soon
Crap wage, crap workers

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
BS----no way a preloader is loading 7 PC's by themself.
Oh it most certainly is happening. In my local we have a building with a part time preload starting at 1AM. The only reason they don’t start earlier is there isn’t enough volume arriving prior to 1AM. Sups are unloading the trailers and working in the sort aisles. The part timers are doing 7-10 car pulls. Grievances are being filed daily for the sups working on all shifts. The crazy part is it’s been worse in years past. At least they aren’t rolling trailers. Part timers are working over 40 hours in 5 days and coming in on Saturdays. A lot of part timers in that building are working over 50 hours per week. They can’t adequately staff the preload. They are sending sups from all over to the building. Drivers leave late every day. Lots of pick up pieces sit at the building daily that miss the outbound trailers including airs. The BA is in the building two to three days a week. Every year it’s the same thing in the summer. Some years are just better than others, this isn’t one of the better ones.