Preload is trash.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What’s up now @UPS , you didn’t want to pay preloaders $18 an hour so you cut them to $15 …so they all quit 😂😂😂😂

NOW YOU PAY DRIVERS $42 to LOAD TRUCKS

SMRPCDH

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WAIT TILL PEAK 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

BRAND NEW PRELOAD NOT SCANNING ANY BOXES 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

HELLO MISSLOADS!!!!!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AccidentProne

BRAND NEW PRELOAD NOT SCANNING ANY BOXES
Bro, I have been working here for almost 5 months and haven't even been taught to scan. I just found out where the small sort was in my building.

Peak is coming, and the only new guy to stay for more than a month, still isn't being trained.

Actually, I bet you $100 they're gonna train me on a bunch positions during peak, and I get :censored2:ing rolled.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Bro, I have been working here for almost 5 months and haven't even been taught to scan. I just found out where the small sort was in my building.

Peak is coming, and the only new guy to stay for more than a month, still isn't being trained.

Actually, I bet you $100 they're gonna train me on a bunch positions during peak, and I get :censored2:ing rolled.
I bet they don't train you on :censored2: and just toss you into doing stuff you have no idea what it is

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
that’s part of the total service plan

That's the best part. Late air, high volume and no more smart scanners yet they implement the TSPs and tell everyone they'll try SUPER DUPER hard to make sure you're back by 7pm while having half the drivers on the wish list. The whole thing is a big joke

AccidentProne

I bet they don't train you on :censored2: and just toss you into doing stuff you have no idea what it is
I remember one day they put me at bulk unload to pcs alone. I literally didn't understand the labels so I just threw bulk in any open spot near the big gaps between the trucks. Drivers were not happy. Not. One. Bit. I have since never been allowed to do that job again. I even told them I never did it before they sent me there.

4evapreloader

In our building the driver start times magically coincide with the 6 hour mark for the Preload. They don't want to pay the Preload for a second break so instead of 1 preloader for 3 or 4 cars they have 1 driver per car loading. Peak UPS efficiency.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I think you may have the wrong view of your job at UPS. Here’s the answers to your quandary:
For the past 3 weeks we’ve been starting up an hour after start time due to preload not being done.
That’s called CHA-CHING.
Most of the drivers are not getting back to the center until after 8pm. What gives? Lol.
if you’re upset about working long hours get on the 9.5 list and file. If you cannot because you’re too new or whatever the local situation then my advice is: bury those sons of bitches with overtime. Run out of hours every single Friday. It’s a lot of fun.

And mostly- please don’t blame preload. Those poor saps have the hardest job in the company. They are running blind with abusive sups at 2am that expect the impossible under awful conditions and get paid peanuts compared to you.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
This is my biggest issue. We loaded 2 trucks at a time at FedEx and then each driver would sort and scan the truck before leaving, so you knew you had what your device said you had, and you knew which zip codes and streets you had so misloads rarely happened.

I have 5-10 misloads per day at UPS and waste time daily looking for packages I don’t even have.
Sounds like fedex was much better than your union package car job at UPS. You should probably go back while you can…

2.85 billion vs 558 million…

mcsketcher

Sounds like fedex was much better than your union package car job at UPS. You should probably go back while you can…

2.85 billion vs 558 million…
If that’s what it sounds like, to you, try again. Or don’t. I don’t need you to understand how I can see huge issues at both places and still know which is less bad.