Preloader fired

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The people here who assume he stole are being stupid. You could easily accidentally leave with a roll of tape, a crayon, a marker, etc
he could of but the poster didnt explain it like that. Said guard checked his bag and found tape. Was it work tape or some other tape

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If your BA is worth a :censored2: this should be thrown out pretty quick. Anyone with half a brain would realize you wouldn't risk the job for less than a roll of packing tape.
Even with a strong Union and good BA this guy would be looking at a lengthy suspension. He placed a roll of tape in his bag.

That's not exactly the same as a marker being left in a pocket.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Even with a strong Union and good BA this guy would be looking at a lengthy suspension. He placed a roll of tape in his bag.

That's not exactly the same as a marker being left in a pocket.

Again, anyone with a brain would understand how that could happen and the dude wasn't trying to steal some tape. Give me a break

Box Ox

Really? I have no idea how anyone could end up with a roll of tape on their bag other than to take it home.

Yep. Isn't exactly sticking a marker or crayon in your pocket so you can have both hands free to wrap up your trucks before you punch. Hard to accidentally end up with a tape roll in your bag.

walk it off

you also dont understand ups will fire you for anything and they wonder why people shoot up the place
Fire you for anything? No that's not true at all. Two hardest tings to do at UPS; (1)get fired(2)get hired. Was a shop steward for many years and 10% gave me 95% of my work. Take nothing from UPS and you will NEVER get fired for stealing. NO pens, tape, DR bags, borrow a hand truck for moving. Get the picture? A fair days pay for a fair days work will get you to retirement. Not following simple rules will get you discharged. Too many old timers on here are proof that it works every time.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Again, anyone with a brain would understand how that could happen and the dude wasn't trying to steal some tape. Give me a break
How do you know he wasn't selling them on Ebay? Tape is just a gateway item. Next it will be pens, then DR notices, computers, all the way up to package cars.
Kudos to management nipping this in the bud

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Fire you for anything? No that's not true at all. Two hardest tings to do at UPS; (1)get fired(2)get hired. Was a shop steward for many years and 10% gave me 95% of my work. Take nothing from UPS and you will NEVER get fired for stealing. NO pens, tape, DR bags, borrow a hand truck for moving. Get the picture? A fair days pay for a fair days work will get you to retirement. Not following simple rules will get you discharged. Too many old timers on here are proof that it works every time.
Many years ago when the union was stronger, it isnt there anymore. They dont care about firing you now because ups dont lose anything doing it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually it's easy to get fired.

Hard to stay fired.

JL 0513

Packing tape isn't cheap, especially for a part timer. Stupid to take any supplies and put them in your bag. That's no accident.

My center has no guard shack and no security. If people actually do this, I have to wonder how much walks out the door.

Brown Down

If it's anything like my center supplies are hard to come by since management "forgets" to order stuff in a timely manner. Might have put it in his bag to guarantee he had tape the next day