Preloader fired

davidix

Preloaders use tape at work correct?

He can say that was his roll of tape he brings to work every day. Just like the markers and crayons they use on a daily basis.

There is absolutely no way to prove that was stolen..literaly none.

Poop Head

Judge me.

He can say that was his roll of tape he brings to work every day. Just like the markers and crayons they use on a daily basis.

81b5d309c0e2e13b968fc79db9ed347b.jpg

SubPop79

I will never claim to know how UPS does business. Our motto is "logistics" and not "logic". That said, I call bull:censored2: on this. I think we all know our security is :censored2:. At our hub, we have 2 metal detectors for going in and out. The entrance detector is never on and is there for show. The exit detector is between two metal doors and goes off whenever the doors open because, who would have :censored2:ing thought, the metal detector is detecting the doors. The detectors also detect themselves and go off if you touch them. Plus, our guards just sit there looking at their phones.

Sometimes we have guards that have us open our bags. I'm guessing this is where this finding of the tape happened, and this is where I call bull:censored2:. The guard would have no :censored2:ing idea and no reason to suspect the tape was stolen if he saw it in the bag. Guy could have brought it in himself. There is no UPS brand tape. Having tape is needed in most positions at UPS. I also call bull:censored2: because we loaders at my center need that tape to just strap our scanners on. The velcro straps that came with them are all broken, and we need to use the tape to strap them on. Whether the tape is for that or for fixing packages, everyone has tape, whether they bought it or took it. Either way, UPS always replaces tape. It is one of the few things they manage to replace often.

We also take home of scanner belts and box cutters. Hell, if the guard was suspicious of it being company property, then what about all the free crap UPS gives us? Has anyone been accosted by a guard for having a water bottle with a UPS logo on it as opposed to a roll of tape with no logo on it? Was your boy leaving the building high or drunk, because there is no :censored2:ing way a roll of tape would get the manager out.

Indecisi0n

My friend (yes literally my friend not me) was fired for leaving the building with a roll of tape in his bag. He was stopped at the guard check with the tape and the center manager came out. He said "that's company property, we need to make an example out of him" and took his badge.

Steward has fellow box liners signing a petition.

Thoughts?
You need to file a grievance.

Brisket

And then they would pull the ' why are you bringing tape in to work instead of using what we have here?' Just ask...

Just playing devils advocate...

OptimusPrime

And then they would pull the ' why are you bringing tape in to work instead of using what we have here?' Just ask...

Just playing devils advocate...

I know of preloaders who have a work backpack just like I do as a swing driver. They bring in their food/drink, tape/tapegun, sharpies etc. Because stuff at UPS just seems to have a habit of just "disappearing". Sunglasses left on a truck? Gone. Map?(back in the day lol) gone! Hoodies? Gone. Hope to god you don't leave your phone or a bluetooth speaker or something, gone! And no one bats an eye. Yet here we are talking about tape lol.

Over 70

I understand but I do find it hard to believe that anyone would honestly believe someone would try to steal a roll of tape on purpose.

I have enough UPS pens at home to supply another center....Sometimes I think I'll load em up and restock work but hearing stories like this makes you wonder if you just leave it alone.