Preloader v. hardcore union driver

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah from hearing it from other people who have loaded for him and from the full time sup too. I only talked to him once because he shows up so late after we are done loading, today he showed up at 9:10 when pretty much every driver was just about gone.
That's probably cuz he's been in the office with his drivers. Just do the best you can, that's all you can do. But.. when you see him in the morning, look at him with a "deer in the headlights look" and just say "it's gonna be rough today"

Rack em

Made the Podium
That's probably cuz he's been in the office with his drivers. Just do the best you can, that's all you can do. But.. when you see him in the morning, look at him with a "deer in the headlights look" and just say "it's gonna be rough today"
This made me laugh pretty hard!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ive been in a certain area for a few weeks now. Usually between 3 cars I have 1100. His car is the lightest of the three never more than 380 pcs, no big bulk stops. He constantly complains, I am a loader that gives a :censored2: and try to give the best load possible. The other drivers are friendly never complain, but this guy. He shows up I don't know when? I'm out of there after most of the drivers are there and we are done with ground and air and he still hasn't shown up.

Well today apparently a box I put in there "busted open" and the contents fell out. I loaded it and it was taped, the top flaps were taped. He sent a picture to the dispatch, dispatch sent it to the FT sup, sup contacted me. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow morning?
Just before this a. Hole shows up , pour a bottle of water on his seat

Re-Raise

I guess I am not seeing how this guy is being an a-hole.

He shows up at start time-which he should. He’s not supposed to get there early and load the truck. That is taking your work from you.

He notified a supervisor about a spilled pkg-which he should. It could be a hazardous or some of the contents could have been lost.

I think you are just worried about getting in trouble-which you won’t. Just try to do anything you can to prevent it from happening again. Probably nothing you could have done, but you can be aware it happened.

It would be like you telling a sup that the pal label doesn’t match the address on a pkg. You aren’t trying to be an a-hole, but the spa person needs to know they are out of sync.

Being asked to improve on something shouldn’t upset you so much. I do tons of things wrong still and I’ve been here 33 yrs!

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Ive been in a certain area for a few weeks now. Usually between 3 cars I have 1100. His car is the lightest of the three never more than 380 pcs, no big bulk stops. He constantly complains, I am a loader that gives a :censored2: and try to give the best load possible. The other drivers are friendly never complain, but this guy. He shows up I don't know when? I'm out of there after most of the drivers are there and we are done with ground and air and he still hasn't shown up.

Well today apparently a box I put in there "busted open" and the contents fell out. I loaded it and it was taped, the top flaps were taped. He sent a picture to the dispatch, dispatch sent it to the FT sup, sup contacted me. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow morning?
What does sups expect you to do when contents fall out and you re-tape a package?

You said you are new. Get your tall takes straight. Pick a fake identity and stay with it.
I’ve only been driving 25 years, not 40 or 50 years. How about this, I’ve only been in my current state 7 years, or current building 6 months. Does that work for you?

At my age it is difficult to keep anything straight. I can hardly remember my first building that I worked in for 16 years. Too busy keeping track of the 5000-8000 delivery points over the last 6 months.

Returntosender

nothing you can do, some drivers like to complain. All you can do is ask him what he wants and what way he wants it
CC40629A-0BA7-42B5-94AA-E32B016A3AE1.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

First word out of my loader's mouth every day: "sorry".

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

tenor (8).gif
calm_down_thumb.gif
tenor (2).gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Deny loading it damaged.
This guy is a big baby. Screw him over every way you can! Load label down and selectively missort!

bumped

The next time your driver pulls this wait until he comes in the next day and say...If you thought yesterday's load was bad wait until you deliver todays.

DriverNerd

If the driver is really being an ass then every day just bury a few boxes on the wrong shelf. Don't mix up any next day airs, but put a 2000 PAL in the middle of the 8000 shelf and maybe a 3000 in the middle of the 7000. No need to misload anything, as that's on you.

Re-Raise

If the driver is really being an ass then every day just bury a few boxes on the wrong shelf. Don't mix up any next day airs, but put a 2000 PAL in the middle of the 8000 shelf and maybe a 3000 in the middle of the 7000. No need to misload anything, as that's on you.

He has only talked to the driver once!

Ive been a preloader and a driver. If this guy ever plans to drive, he might try to improve instead of get worse

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I’ve only been driving 25 years, not 40 or 50 years. How about this, I’ve only been in my current state 7 years, or current building 6 months. Does that work for you?

At my age it is difficult to keep anything straight. I can hardly remember my first building that I worked in for 16 years. Too busy keeping track of the 5000-8000 delivery points over the last 6 months.
Still, no.

1st I will say they can look into over allowed. They would then have to check for gaps. Question said driver on gaps. Build a case. Then video record driver not working at all these time gaps. Then try and proceed with termination. Which unless someone is sitting around for an hour everyday on the clock. Will be hard to terminate. and I'll bet all drivers got their jobs back. All of which could he avoided with some harrassment grievances. Because there is no way these drivers arent being harassed daily.

2nd. As a steward, I can tell you what happens in discipline/termination meetings and what you hear is 2 different things. Just like the game telephone.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I guess I am not seeing how this guy is being an a-hole.

He shows up at start time-which he should. He’s not supposed to get there early and load the truck. That is taking your work from you.

He notified a supervisor about a spilled pkg-which he should. It could be a hazardous or some of the contents could have been lost.

I think you are just worried about getting in trouble-which you won’t. Just try to do anything you can to prevent it from happening again. Probably nothing you could have done, but you can be aware it happened.

It would be like you telling a sup that the pal label doesn’t match the address on a pkg. You aren’t trying to be an a-hole, but the spa person needs to know they are out of sync.

Being asked to improve on something shouldn’t upset you so much. I do tons of things wrong still and I’ve been here 33 yrs!
If anything the supervisors may consider giving u a new truck. That way u dont have to deal with complaints from that driver anymore. Its an option. Ive seen them move routes from one set to the next for this very reason at our building in the past.

But just work to ur best ability dude and use the methods. Cover ur own ass, dont sign any paper work, use ur preload ahop steward~

take your time

Quit talking to sups off the clock.

this. this x10000

remember: the moment you clock out, is the moment the supervisor loses all his "power" over you. If you are off the clock, you tell him like I do "I'm off the clock. When I punch back in tomorrow, you let me know." And just walk off.

Like. that. Just like that. I always cringe when I see co-workers kissing the supervisor's ass outside of work..... The moment you clock out, is the moment the supervisor becomes another regular person you meet on the street.

Still, no.

1st I will say they can look into over allowed. They would then have to check for gaps. Question said driver on gaps. Build a case. Then video record driver not working at all these time gaps. Then try and proceed with termination. Which unless someone is sitting around for an hour everyday on the clock. Will be hard to terminate. and I'll bet all drivers got their jobs back. All of which could he avoided with some harrassment grievances. Because there is no way these drivers arent being harassed daily.

2nd. As a steward, I can tell you what happens in discipline/termination meetings and what you hear is 2 different things. Just like the game telephone.
They get caught elsewhere for their dishonesty.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
If anything the supervisors may consider giving u a new truck. That way u dont have to deal with complaints from that driver anymore. Its an option. Ive seen them move routes from one set to the next for this very reason at our building in the past.

But just work to ur best ability dude and use the methods. Cover ur own ass, dont sign any paper work, use ur preload ahop steward~
From my understanding its everyone who loads it. Out of the set of three drivers, he is the only one. Think they'd bump his ass.