Preloader v. hardcore union driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by H.E. Pennypacker, May 2, 2019.

1. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

Ive been in a certain area for a few weeks now. Usually between 3 cars I have 1100. His car is the lightest of the three never more than 380 pcs, no big bulk stops. He constantly complains, I am a loader that gives a :censored2: and try to give the best load possible. The other drivers are friendly never complain, but this guy. He shows up I don't know when? I'm out of there after most of the drivers are there and we are done with ground and air and he still hasn't shown up.

Well today apparently a box I put in there "busted open" and the contents fell out. I loaded it and it was taped, the top flaps were taped. He sent a picture to the dispatch, dispatch sent it to the FT sup, sup contacted me. Is this going to be an issue tomorrow morning?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. LeaveIt2Griever

LeaveIt2Griever FileFileFile

Don’t know why he threw you under the bus like that, but you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. They might talk to you about it but you won’t be disciplined.

In the future, don’t load any boxes that are even slightly damaged. Let rewrap/overgoods take care of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

nothing you can do, some drivers like to complain. All you can do is ask him what he wants and what way he wants it

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Quit talking to sups off the clock.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Rutherford B Hays

Rutherford B Hays gun accipere, et abire cannoli

When I was a cover driver(utility) I got the best piece of advice I ever got at UPS.
    Find the biggest crybaby whining driver and that's the route you want to run.
    They are always gravy.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

And the most likely people to be fired.

7. Rutherford B Hays

Rutherford B Hays gun accipere, et abire cannoli

Not necessarily.
    In my experience it's the suck up go getters who get fired. Because they always cut corners to please bossman

8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

People get fired for dishonesty. I’ve seen people fired for not taking lunch, not reporting a crash, and many crybabies that have trouble doing the job.

9. Brownslave688

Not in my experience.

The few drivers I’ve been around that bitch non stop....management has never tried to mess with them.

10. H.E. Pennypacker

He's like 50 something, im sure he has been there for too many years. I literally have seen him once in the three weeks I have been loading this area, and have spoken to him that one time.

11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

50 something!? Jesus he's ancient! Just ignore him, he'll die soon of natural causes.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. H.E. Pennypacker

lol yeah, this short little dude with glasses. He's a mix between Newt Gingrich and Milton from Office Space...
    ap_180232181025_wide-fa634f3f57036e0a857cccb0aac59fc3b0b41e65.jpg Milton Office Space.jpg
    and cranky as all get out.

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Seem to always catch them being dishonest. padding stops (double sheeting pkgs), running excess miles, signing for pkgs, grabbing a pkg out of another car. All were crybabies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Brownslave688

Like I said in my experience it’s never happened that way.

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

I would rock his world

A few misleads some 1000s in the 8000 section bury some smalls under the bulk

Oh wait, that’s a normal day

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. H.E. Pennypacker

I'm only doing this while I'm in school. Works with my school schedule. I don't know how some of these part timers have been doing it for 10+ years.

17. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Drugs mostly

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I hear you, everyone’s experience is different. I’ve seen about a dozen drivers fired. 2 for skipping lunch, one for
    Drugs the rest were the crybabies that attracted attention to themselves, demanding strict enforcement of parts of the contract. Not able to do a split of 10-20 stops. Being 2-4 hours over anybody else that does their route. It takes time, but they intimately get fired for dishonesty.

19. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Do you pay union dues?

20. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

You've seen somebody fired for being over allowed. I-dont-believe-you.gif