Premiums Rise= More Profit for Fred

Ghostwriter

Fair enough, my new job is with the U.S. Government. I did aim my degree in a few different directions, I am just glad that one of them paid off. As I leave FedEx, I would like to disclose; that I harbor no ill feelings against anyone. I just hate to see something that was once great, crash and burn. There was a time that people came first, and the company was 100% behind you.There was a time that the "front-line" was justly recognized as the hard-working "money makers" of the company. Now, its a new ball game (where numbers are sacred), and the image of the front-line is skewed. Yes, skewed to the idea that couriers are out to cheat, lie, and steal time. I really don't know where the opinion of the courier has faulted to such a low consideration. However, I think it is tragically wrong! I have had the honor of working with some of the hardest and loyal employees in the world. I think that most of FedEx's most valuable stock is its work-force. Once the value of employees drops you may notice a parallel decline in productivity.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Fair enough, my new job is with the U.S. Government. I did aim my degree in a few different directions, I am just glad that one of them paid off. As I leave FedEx, I would like to disclose; that I harbor no ill feelings against anyone. I just hate to see something that was once great, crash and burn. There was a time that people came first, and the company was 100% behind you.There was a time that the "front-line" was justly recognized as the hard-working "money makers" of the company. Now, its a new ball game (where numbers are sacred), and the image of the front-line is skewed. Yes, skewed to the idea that couriers are out to cheat, lie, and steal time. I really don't know where the opinion of the courier has faulted to such a low consideration. However, I think it is tragically wrong! I have had the honor of working with some of the hardest and loyal employees in the world. I think that most of FedEx's most valuable stock is its work-force. Once the value of employees drops you may notice a parallel decline in productivity.

Well said.

SmithBarney

Unfortunately when you pay less than industry standard(not counting topped out rates) you will have employees who stretch the clock.
I've said it before, when i was at UPS we all scrambled to get off early(worked our butts off) and since I've been at FedEx I've seen 3 different stations, and at each one you have a handful of milkers.
For example we've got the guy who returns to building, but punches in his RTB times later than he did(usually milling about for a good 30 min)
Another guy(at my old station) was our only reloader pretty much did it all, then genesis.. Would regularly leave at 1030pm, but when his vacation coverage guy was on, coverage guy would be out the door at 830pm doing all the same tasks...

So anyway, these are the kinds of people FDX hires, people who are only interested in saving their own skin.

Premiums will go up, several more of my co workers will start collecting Welfare/WIC/unitedway checks while working... aren't you proud Fred?

SmithBarney

Got my enrollment package today(maybe they could reduce costs, and not print it on a newspaper size flyer)
I can't imagine anyone other than a single person electing for FedEx Choice..
Out of Pocket Cost has gone up, oh well what can you do... he's gonna force everyone into using the public "obama care" option if he gets the chance.

BTW another CRR came up to me today, he's heading over to United Way(not to contribute) but to get assistance..
its a shame that a full time driver of over 25 years has to do this.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Got my enrollment package today(maybe they could reduce costs, and not print it on a newspaper size flyer)
BTW another CRR came up to me today, he's heading over to United Way(not to contribute) but to get assistance..

That's a disgrace.
Unfortunately for me, I'll once again be selecting $0 contribution to United Way in IMS 69.

LTFedExer

For example we've got the guy who returns to building, but punches in his RTB times later than he did(usually milling about for a good 30 min)
Another guy(at my old station) was our only reloader pretty much did it all, then genesis.. Would regularly leave at 1030pm, but when his vacation coverage guy was on, coverage guy would be out the door at 830pm doing all the same tasks...

So anyway, these are the kinds of people FDX hires, people who are only interested in saving their own skin.
How long have you been with the company? There always has and always will be 'milkers'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unfortunately when you pay less than industry standard(not counting topped out rates) you will have employees who stretch the clock.
I've said it before, when i was at UPS we all scrambled to get off early(worked our butts off) and since I've been at FedEx I've seen 3 different stations, and at each one you have a handful of milkers.

Premiums will go up, several more of my co workers will start collecting Welfare/WIC/unitedway checks while working... aren't you proud Fred?

Actually, he is proud, which confirms his status as the Overlord of Cheap. In a country where our government is for sale, Fred has bought himself a way to exploit his employees at every opportunity. It's the Tea Party "let the marketplace decide" mentality taken to the extreme where the market is anything but free because rich tyrants like Smith control the legislative process to a large degree.

FedEx is a perfect example of a company that has taken many of it's employees out of the middle class and downgraded them to the working poor. At every opportunity, Fred has chiseled away at our pay, benefits, and prosperity, all the while raking in the cash. What used to be a very good job has become an exercise in mediocrity. As he's gutted our compensation, Fred has successfully pushed for increased productivity, and there's been little anyone could do about it thanks to the RLA and all of Fred's GOP friends who think the same way he does. The more he takes away, the more he expects in return for diminished compensation. If you don't like it, you can leave, or we'll just find a way to fire you. The poor economy has made an already odious tyrant even more powerful. The rise of the Tea Party and Right Wing extremism has played right into Fred's hands. They love Fred, because he epitomizes "American Exceptionalism". The only problem with that is that Fred was born rich, and didn't have to be a Horatio Alger. Yes, he had a good idea, and he capitalized on it, but few individuals start out their working lives with $15 million (in today's dollars) in the bank.

According to Fred, that 25 year employee who has to get help from the United Way, just isn't "exceptional" enough to make it in the free market. The market will "decide" how this employee "succeeds"....or doesn't. I've always said that he is a corporate criminal without a soul, and every passing day proves my point that Fred S is an A-hole of the highest order.

Hell is waiting for you Freddo, and you deserve it.

franknitty

I see a trend coming: More couriers wanting to be managers and dispatchers because they are no longer able to make the numbers onroad, or they're just tired of falsifying everyday ! idiots !