Premiums Rise= More Profit for Fred

quadro

Was told by mgr that there will only be 2 options next year. Better plan will have a $1000 annual deductible, other one $5250. I can only go on what I was told by mgr who had conference call about those benefit changes. If it's considerably less great, but am still going to have to pay more. May not matter much to you, but those of us with considerably less pay than topped out employees or management have to pay same prices as you. Just another reason some employees expect to get paid for any work required of us.
Correct, there will only be 2 plans but the deductible amounts you were given are incorrect. My manager was on the same call and I've seen some of the info that was sent to the managers. I'm going to have to pay more because of the increase in copays, etc but my premium isn't changing.

Who is talking about not getting paid when being required to work?

vantexan

Correct, there will only be 2 plans but the deductible amounts you were given are incorrect. My manager was on the same call and I've seen some of the info that was sent to the managers. I'm going to have to pay more because of the increase in copays, etc but my premium isn't changing.

Who is talking about not getting paid when being required to work?

Just a reference to employees filing lawsuits for not getting paid for getting equipment before scheduled start time.

SmithBarney

The "deductible" he is referring to, might be the Maximum out of pocket... we hit ours this year, we will be moving up in the plans so my paycheck will be a wash most weeks. Working for Benefits I might have $20 left over for lunch.. ;)

quadro

Just a reference to employees filing lawsuits for not getting paid for getting equipment before scheduled start time.
Ok, just to make it clear for you Van, I was referring to employees that weren't scheduled to start, didn't need to start, and many times weren't even working. They would sit in the break room drinking coffee and reading their newspaper. Or hang out on the belt chatting. They would handle their 10 packages over and over again. In other words, there was absolutely no expectation of them to start work. They chose to get their equipment early because it was convenient for them.

quadro

The "deductible" he is referring to, might be the Maximum out of pocket... we hit ours this year, we will be moving up in the plans so my paycheck will be a wash most weeks. Working for Benefits I might have $20 left over for lunch.. ;)
Deductible and maximum out of pocket are two different things. Neither one of which is $1000.

quadro

Another takeaway, and here you are, like stink on you-know-what. Amazing, isn't it?
Amazing that I have my facts right and you don't? You said premiums increased which they didn't. Or amazing that once again you like to twist things to fit your perception? I never said it wasn't a takeaway. I pointed out that you were wrong about the premiums and I pointed out that copays, coinsurance, and maximum out of pocket went up. Show me where I said people should be happy about the changes.

For some people that will mean they will spend more next year, for some it won't. It sucks for the former. It also sucks that it's a factor of health care costs and legislation in this country. People may not like it but this isn't FedEx's fault no matter how much you'd like to say that it is. If health care costs only went up for FedEx employees then I'd agree with you. The fact that they are going up for most if not all of the country makes it pretty plain to see that health care cost are not controlled by FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's the information we were given at our meeting with management. Any way you look at it, it is still a takeaway and here you are spinning it. Watch out for flies.

Ghostwriter

You beat me to it. Not only are monthly premiums going up, but there will only be two options to choose from. Premier Choice is gone. The better plan has a $1000 annual deductible. The other is $5250. I'm hoping they're looking to offset the cost of topping us out faster. Can deal with it with a substantial raise. But if it's another small raise this will really hurt with the regular medical check-ups. Quite a few predictions out there that Obamacare would cause our rates to spike. Remains to be seen if this is a FedEx thing or if many companies are having to do this.

I really pray,wish, and hope it will get better for all who are waiting for a fast-top out. However, I (metaphorically) feel like I am giving a handshake before you are blind-folded and sent to walk in a minefield at night. A few have already quit at my sta and I am next. I wish any employees holding out, nothing but the best. Brace yourself, looks like it will get worse before better. At least, with peak fast approaching they might ease up on their insane performance push. Then again, they may not. The main thing I realized is LOGIC does not apply to what is going on now....GOOD LUCK!

Ghostwriter

QUADRO will always pop up and defend the company at all costs. It would be safe to consider, that you are probably hired to monitor this forum. Why, don't you understand that hard-working people are getting shafted? Please save your ramblings and propaganda for a poster on an employer's wall. Hard working people are concerned about their families, their future, and their very lives. LETS FACE IT, once we (the workforce) are gone their will be no use for you either. NO, its not all FedEx's fault, yet its not the common hard working tax payer's either. When companies cut their budget its putting off new equipment, when common people cut their budgets its putting off eating food.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
QUADRO will always pop up and defend the company at all costs. It would be safe to consider, that you are probably hired to monitor this forum. Why, don't you understand that hard-working people are getting shafted? Please save your ramblings and propaganda for a poster on an employer's wall. Hard working people are concerned about their families, their future, and their very lives. LETS FACE IT, once we (the workforce) are gone their will be no use for you either. NO, its not all FedEx's fault, yet its not the common hard working tax payer's either. When companies cut their budget its putting off new equipment, when common people cut their budgets its putting off eating food.

I agree that his assignment is probably to monitor this forum and to paint FedEx in a positive light. The insurance deal is another takeaway, plain and simple, and he gets on here in an attempt to minimize it. Company shill.

quadro

That's the information we were given at our meeting with management. Any way you look at it, it is still a takeaway and here you are spinning it. Watch out for flies.
Interesting that you once again chose to attack me rather than point out that's where you got your info. You could have just said that the first time. So again it begs the question of what truth or truths are you trying to hide? Anyway, seeing as you are obviously better than everyone else, why don't you show us all how I'm "spinning it". Can telling the facts with no opinion or bias really be "spinning it"? Show me where I'm portraying the change in benefits as a good thing?

Certainly not hired to monitor this forum and I certainly understand about hard-working people. Go back and read what I posted in this thread. Nowhere did I ramble or spew propaganda. I just provided the facts so that anyone reading wasn't mislead by the incorrect info that had been posted. I don't care what side of the fence you are on but I hate to see people make a decision based on bad info. Also, I never said it was the hard working tax payer's fault. If you want to hang on every word MrFedEx says without thinking for yourself, go for it.

I agree that his assignment is probably to monitor this forum and to paint FedEx in a positive light. The insurance deal is another takeaway, plain and simple, and he gets on here in an attempt to minimize it. Company shill.
Again I ask you how did I minimize it? I just said what it was. To some it will be a minimal change, to others it will be a substantial change.

vantexan

I just provided the facts so that anyone reading wasn't mislead by the incorrect info that had been posted. I don't care what side of the fence you are on but I hate to see people make a decision based on bad info.

You seem privy to alot of facts including about 2012 choices in healthcare that haven't officially come out yet. Where are you seeing this again?

And you were saying that the reason that we're all standing in line every morning is due to people coming in on their own time to do various things and they started thinking they deserved to be paid for it. That's simply not true and is such a pro-company viewpoint how could we not think you're a management shill?

Last edited:

fdxsux

Whether its an increase in premiums, a decrease in benefits, or both its a decrease in our overall compensation. Fedex is is always reminding us that our compensation is not only our hourly wage but also all the benefits we receive. This is true. So every time they increase our benefits or decrease the premiums (never) its an increase in compensation. Every time they decrease benefits or increase the premiums (every year) its a decrease in compensation. Deductible goes up, decrease in compensation. Copay goes up, decrease in compensation. Out of pocket max goes up decrease in compensation. Traditional pension changes to portable pension, decrease in compensation. By the time its all said and done the employees end up subsidizing if not completely paying for our merit increases each year.

quadro

You seem privy to alot of facts including about 2012 choices in healthcare that haven't officially come out yet. Where are you seeing this again?

And you were saying that the reason that we're all standing in line every morning is due to people coming in on their own time to do various things and they started thinking they deserved to be paid for it. That's simply not true and is such a pro-company viewpoint how could we not think you're a management shill?
I got it from my manager, the same place you and MFE got it. Not sure why you got bad info. I saw the same stuff that your manager most likely was reading from. I have a good working relationship with the managers in my station and they treat people right. Too bad there aren't more like them as it does make it easier to come to work each day. Anyway, they showed me what they got in email.

And as far as the people standing in line thing. I already told you I was referring to people who weren't scheduled to work and really weren't working. What you seem to be saying is that it is ok for people to start whenever they want, sit around, drink coffee, and then say "hey I had my equipment so you should pay me". I also told you I agree that if you expect someone to be on the belt at 0800, you need to give them time and pay them for it to get their equipment and then get to their position.

vantexan

And as far as the people standing in line thing. I already told you I was referring to people who weren't scheduled to work and really weren't working. What you seem to be saying is that it is ok for people to start whenever they want, sit around, drink coffee, and then say "hey I had my equipment so you should pay me". I also told you I agree that if you expect someone to be on the belt at 0800, you need to give them time and pay them for it to get their equipment and then get to their position.

I'm not saying any such thing. But I agree with your last sentence, which is exactly why lawsuits took place. To say that people sued because they felt they should get paid to stand around drinking coffee, etc is a very pro-company viewpoint. I want to be pro-company but for many of us it seems the company wants us to give and give and expect little in return. It may have been a good deal for you but expecting us to feel the same when we are getting much less than you is a stretch. We in mid-range make considerably less but we don't get a break on our healthcare costs. A little rise here and there might not concern you but it hurts us. So don't expect much enthusiasm from us about the company. I hope they come through with a better pay system in March but since they are always looking to take something away I doubt it'll amount to much. Frankly I'm surprised they haven't decided to reduce the amount of vacation we get given how difficult it is to keep swings.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

As I recall, the whole 5 minute early deal started because of the people who came in early and started "working", moving trucks, etc...and someone got hurt, and since they weren't officially "working" (not on the clock) the company denied their claim, so they sued.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got it from my manager, the same place you and MFE got it. Not sure why you got bad info. I saw the same stuff that your manager most likely was reading from. I have a good working relationship with the managers in my station and they treat people right. Too bad there aren't more like them as it does make it easier to come to work each day. Anyway, they showed me what they got in email.

Bad info from a manager? Impossible. Here's a question for you, OK? Why are you so satisfied whenever Fred screws you over? Do you like it? Really, how can anyone say anything good about our insurance programs with a straight face? Yet, you do, and you defend the indefensible over and over again on here. Are you just ignorant, or is this a part of your assignment to monitor this site?

As for me, I don't like being abused or taken advantage of, and I'm more than happy to share in my disgust at what this company has become. Whenever I see or hear someone saying how "great" FedEx is, I immediately question their intelligence and level of awareness. I also wonder what they hope to gain by being a happy, clappy ass-kisser when theirs is being handed to them on a platter daily. Please pucker-up and tell me where I'm wrong about FedEx.

Ghostwriter

You tell em' Van, and MrFedEx!!! I agree almost completely. I do not wish to launch any "verbal down-grade" on you QUADRO, However- Where does one reach the level of euphoria- where more and more is taken away yet everything is OK? Everyday, more and more is demanded from a courier. By the time an average courier will top-out now, they might as well draw SS. Luckily, I am on my way out (3 days left) of my two week notice. I just really feel bad for loyal or (once loyal) hard working and diligent couriers, because the future does not look like rainbows and sunshine.

quadro

Bad info from a manager? Impossible. Here's a question for you, OK? Why are you so satisfied whenever Fred screws you over? Do you like it? Really, how can anyone say anything good about our insurance programs with a straight face? Yet, you do, and you defend the indefensible over and over again on here. Are you just ignorant, or is this a part of your assignment to monitor this site?
Show me anywhere I've said that I'm satisfied when I get screwed over. I simply have never said that and never would. I have said in the past that I'm not willing to risk what I have for what I might or might not get. That's my feeling and my opinion. It may or may not apply to anyone else. And you really need to get past the whole "monitoring the site" thing. I could just as easily spend time reading blogs or looking at facebook or any other site on the internet. I just choose to spend a few minutes here when I can. I know that the majority of the people here might not agree with my opinions but I come here for two reasons. First to make sure I'm not missing something. There have been many points made here that made me rethink certain issues. Sometimes I agree with those points and sometimes I don't. Secondly, while I'm here, if I see incorrect info, I might as well point out the correct info. Often those two things lead to some spirited (and mean-spirited) discussions.

As for me, I don't like being abused or taken advantage of, and I'm more than happy to share in my disgust at what this company has become. Whenever I see or hear someone saying how "great" FedEx is, I immediately question their intelligence and level of awareness. I also wonder what they hope to gain by being a happy, clappy ass-kisser when theirs is being handed to them on a platter daily. Please pucker-up and tell me where I'm wrong about FedEx.
I'd imagine most people don't like being abused or taken advantage of but everyone's tolerance level is different for different reasons. I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong about FedEx because my experience isn't your experience and I cannot speak for you.

As far as our insurance program, it works for me. I've done my research and realized that I'm not likely to get a job with pay+benefits that would replace this one. But that's just me. I'm not suggesting that everyone else is like me and should be satisfied. I do believe that our insurance program is better than average and I've used a lot of it. I can honestly say that I've had a lot of claims and benefits paid and my fair share of issues with Cigna/Anthem but in the end everything worked out for me. I've even had the benefits department in Memphis put pressure on Cigna to deal with an issue that was clearly Cigna's error. In the end Cigna did what they should have done in the first place. Again, my experience and not everyone's is going to be like that.

You tell em' Van, and MrFedEx!!! I agree almost completely. I do not wish to launch any "verbal down-grade" on you QUADRO, However- Where does one reach the level of euphoria- where more and more is taken away yet everything is OK? Everyday, more and more is demanded from a courier. By the time an average courier will top-out now, they might as well draw SS. Luckily, I am on my way out (3 days left) of my two week notice. I just really feel bad for loyal or (once loyal) hard working and diligent couriers, because the future does not look like rainbows and sunshine.
Good luck to you and just because you won't be at FedEx doesn't mean you can't come here and post. Let us know what the world is like out there. Let us know how your new companies insurance, etc, compares to FedEx. It'll give us something to compare to.