President Trump

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Much of Trump's net worth is the value he assigns his brand. In theory that would increase with being the president. Melania in her recent lawsuit against a blogger cited the unique branding opportunity that comes with being First Lady. Ivanka is getting Chinese trademarks for her brand. The Kushners are selling visas to Chinese investors for $500k. I can't imagine why anyone would think Trump is using his office for personal gain.
Trump says he is worth over $10 Billion ... Forbes says $4.5 billion.
That is just silly stuff although funny.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Percentages are clearly an idiotic way of looking at this situation. By the salary alone Obama would have more than doubled his net worth. So scandalous.
Scandalous because it doesn't suit your needs? LOL

Percentage gained is how one compensates for huge differences in the base ... in this case 'net worth' upon becoming President.

BrownArmy

Only when people attack me.
I didn't choose this windmill.
Other people's ignorance picked it.

It's apples and dump trucks.

It's not meaningful to engage in calculus about what is, it seems to me, a purely partisan comparison.

It's also irrelevant - in any other situation, you might be indifferent to a former President making money off his experience, but your dislike of Obama colors your judgment, and in fact, this isn't about math.

Hence, the windmill.

watdaflock?

trump-touching-creepy-glowing-orb-egyptian-saudi-meme-sdJ.png

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's apples and dump trucks.

It's not meaningful to engage in calculus about what is, it seems to me, a purely partisan comparison.

It's also irrelevant - in any other situation, you might be indifferent to a former President making money off his experience, but your dislike of Obama colors your judgment, and in fact, this isn't about math.

Hence, the windmill.
Interesting observation ... not sure anyone else would have come up with that angle.
I appreciate the thought that went into this analysis.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Hence, the windmill.
I liked and still like Obama ... I did not and still do not care for his economics.
I like him a lot more than Trump.

BrownArmy

I liked and still like Obama ... I did not and still do not care for his economics.
I like him a lot more than Trump.

I liked and like Obama as well. He had his strengths and weaknesses. As far as the economy under Obama, well, he was dealt a crappy hand and did his best.

Trump is just Trump. I think a lot of people thought he might change when he assumed the Presidency, but that was just wishful thinking. Trump, for better or worse, is exactly what he is, exactly what people voted for, exactly what we're getting.

In a weird way, I feel like he has the potential to change things for the better - he's the idiot in the room that knows no history, has no boundaries, has endless confidence, and so comes to everything with a fresh face/perspective, and yet...

He keeps kneecapping himself. Media bla bla bla, but Trumps' problems are all of his own making.

I'm interested in reading the books that will be written about the Obama administration. The equivalent Trump books will be just as interesting!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS Management Aikido?
I have complemented you before ... I think.
You come across as someone who thinks and probably googles before you post.
I still come here for information and discussion and try to show my appreciation when I see it.
At the same time, I don't mind when others (and myself) come here to play.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Let's see I'm a billionaire... I think I'll become president so I can make more $money$.

There's just not an easier way.. LMAO!

This thread is funny...

MAKAVELI

Let's see I'm a billionaire... I think I'll become president so I can make more $money$.

There's just not an easier way.. LMAO!

This thread is funny...
Nobody said Drumpf wanted to become president to make more $. But through his policies, you can bet he will. Personally I think he got drunk on the idea of being the most powerful man in the world. He just didn't actually know America was stupid enough to make that happen.