President Trump

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I didn't bring up how much Trump would make off being President ... I was trying to educate people how to use math to look at a situation.
We've got a bunch of goofballs on here who think Trump is trying to make money from being President.
He could easily make 10 times more just being Trump.
When one is worth $4.5 billion, the way one looks at 'making money' changes.
I don't think Trump is the least bit concerned about making more money over the next 8 years.
Only concerned about the rest of the super wealthy making more?

rickyb

The deep state’s decision in ancient Rome—dominated by a bloated military and a corrupt oligarchy, much like the United States of 2017—to strangle the vain and idiotic Emperor Commodus in his bath in the year 192 did not halt the growing chaos and precipitous decline of the Roman Empire.

Commodus, like a number of other late Roman emperors, and like President Trump, was incompetent and consumed by his own vanity. He commissioned innumerable statues of himself as Hercules and had little interest in governance. He used his position as head of state to make himself the star of his own ongoing public show. He fought victoriously as a gladiator in the arena in fixed bouts. Power for Commodus, as it is for Trump, was primarily about catering to his bottomless narcissism, hedonism and lust for wealth. He sold public offices so the ancient equivalents of Betsy DeVos and Steve Mnuchin could orchestrate a vast kleptocracy.

Commodus was replaced by the reformer Pertinax, the Bernie Sanders of his day, who attempted in vain to curb the power of the Praetorian Guards, the ancient version of the military-industrial complex. This effort saw the Praetorian Guards assassinate Pertinax after he was in power only three months. The Guards then auctioned off the office of emperor to the highest bidder. The next emperor, Didius Julianus, lasted 66 days. There would be five emperors in A.D. 193, the year after the assassination of Commodus. Trump and our decaying empire have ominous historical precedents. If the deep state replaces Trump, whose ineptitude and imbecility are embarrassing to the empire, that action will not restore our democracy any more than replacing Commodus restored democracy in Rome. Our republic is dead.- chris hedges

The Death of the Republic: Chris Hedges

some interesting comparisons here

vantexan

Oops.

An older story, but I think it hits the mark.
And if you Google Wisconsin job growth under Walker for the last week you'll see articles showing that Wisconsin's unemployment is at the lowest in 17 years. Anyone can take a snapshot, anyone can write articles designed to hurt someone, but what's happening right now, huh?

BrownArmy

And if you Google Wisconsin job growth under Walker for the last week you'll see articles showing that Wisconsin's unemployment is at the lowest in 17 years. Anyone can take a snapshot, anyone can write articles designed to hurt someone, but what's happening right now, huh?

You're a Walker fan?

vantexan

you should look up what cornel west, ralph nader, noam chomsky, or chris hedges say about him
Gee, I can only imagine what the far left says. Someone had to clean up the fiscal mess Wisconsin was in, and that meant saying no. There isn't, amazingly enough, an endless stream of money to do everything we'd all like to be done.